MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > Performance and Modifications
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2012, 07:15 PM   #1
cp6rider

Feedback Rating: (0)

2003 RC 51 singe exhaust

interested in a 2003 rc51 i have found for sale and has a single side Jardine exhaust. i am wondering if anyone knows if there is any down side to this instead of keeping the factory dual exhasut. or is it all the same except you have less weight and one single exhaust.
cp6rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda RC 51 tonyt915 General Discussion (Moto Related) 59 01-20-2009 10:22 PM
GSX-R1000 or RC-51 cp6rider General Discussion (Moto Related) 49 05-20-2007 08:05 AM
one sickass rc-51 02 rvt-RC51 General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 08-03-2006 08:26 PM
STOLEN RC-51 GLD General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 10-16-2005 05:58 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-13-2012, 07:54 PM   #2
IndyRC
Mutant

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
None

If I remember correctly the single side Jardine didn't perform quite as well as the dual exhaust, but I don't think it was a big difference. You can check out speedzilla.com for lots of RC51 info.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:40 PM   #3
cp6rider

Feedback Rating: (0)

okay thanks. another question i have since i see you have an RC is the riding postion. i curently have a 03 gsxr 600, and of course after a while i start to tired. is the RC anything like riding a ducati? i have heard their riding postion is very aggresive. OR is the RC more like a regular gsxr/CBR type riding postion?
cp6rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:43 PM   #4
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp6rider View Post
okay thanks. another question i have since i see you have an RC is the riding postion. i curently have a 03 gsxr 600, and of course after a while i start to tired. is the RC anything like riding a ducati? i have heard their riding postion is very aggresive. OR is the RC more like a regular gsxr/CBR type riding postion?
The RC has a very aggressive riding position and is just as uncomfortable as a duck. It is a "heavy" bike compared to the latest super sports which translates into it handling like a tank. Also, they don't crash well because of the side mounted radiators.

Still a sexy big twin!
Old 05-14-2012, 12:46 PM   #5
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

I couldn't tell much difference in power between 2:1 and 2:2..

Ergo's are very aggressive! I usually can't ride any more than 100 mile before I have to get off
Old 05-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #6
IndyRC
Mutant

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 4-8 months

Bike(s):
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp6rider View Post
Like the others said it is very aggressive. I was very uncomfortable after my first ride (only about 5 miles) on one. However I said to myself that was kinda fun and I took off on it for the next hour. It was my brother's bike in California and I spent about a week riding it. In that week I got used to the riding position, fell in love and bought my own after I returned home.

The longest day I've done on mine is somewhere around 450 miles. I run a 90 mile commute about daily on mine and love it. I have other bikes that are more comfy but I usually choose to ride the RC because I like it the most. Having said all that, if I were in the market today for a V-twin SS bike, I'd probably look at something like a Duck, KTM RC8, or an Ape.