MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2012, 09:51 PM   #21
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfwic View Post
WORD lol... I feel u dude...
Now, let's who're this !

I'll give you $200 and a reach-around.

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Zombie rebuild CBR F3 ST675 General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 05-26-2013 09:55 AM
Cbr f3 conversion im4rmbghoe How To's and Q & A's 9 02-05-2013 12:18 PM
cbr f2 f3, plastics miguel!! General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 04-03-2010 07:29 PM
cbr f3 oil ozCBRgod General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 12-17-2009 11:11 AM
cbr f3 help ozCBRgod How To's and Q & A's 8 11-19-2009 12:23 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2012, 10:11 PM   #22
joeybaila

Feedback Rating: (10)

2010 too fiddy

another coming soon....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
Now, let's who're this !

I'll give you $200 and a reach-around.
yes please
joeybaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:16 PM   #23
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

300 and an order of tacos of your choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:40 PM   #24
bentgixxer

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
I has no bike :(
'14 Polaris 550 touring

Send a message via Yahoo to bentgixxer
hey man, did that have a red gas tank at one point? under the black, or overspray? i noticed the dent, and i think that is actually my old f3.
We'll call it Corpsefish and Horsenuts.
bentgixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:28 AM   #25
signpimp

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2002 klx110

Send a message via MSN to signpimp
Why the Title could be important

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfwic View Post
You don't have to feel sorry dude... If i sold you the bike for 800 u'd spend what i spent to change the fked up chain and sprocket ... I respect your advice and input i'm just fed up with bullshit offers wtf?? I know exactly what the bike is worth, what condition it is in im just asking peoples opinions and at the end of the day every body's advice is just an opinion... , it's funny how people get all sprung out on titles and ... if it's a track bike who gives a flying fk..? if you wanna make it a street bike well this ain't your bike... any way i'm sorry if i offended anyone with my replies its just sad how people try to be funny

Just because it's going to be a track bike doesn't mean it doesn't need a title. Several years ago, DPS did an "inspection" at the track and hauled off every bike in which the owner did not match the VIN or could not produce the title on the spot. It's been done more than once. So, you have to consider the price of getting the title if you are a serious buyer. I'm not trying to your thread, just a little bit of insight on what has happened in the past.
signpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:35 AM   #26
Bigshankhank

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
1972 Aermacchi Sprint SX350
1972 Honda CL175 K5
1978 Kawasaki KE100
1978 Kawasaki KE250
1970 Suzuki TC90

Doesn't hurt to ask for $1200, but if it is the one on cl right now partially disassembled, prolly not gonna get that unless you find a rube. 6 bones as the bike on cl sits assuming it starts and rides as is.
Bigshankhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:12 AM   #27
hotcknstrips
Bevo's royal guard.

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
09 Buell 1125CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by signpimp View Post
Just because it's going to be a track bike doesn't mean it doesn't need a title. Several years ago, DPS did an "inspection" at the track and hauled off every bike in which the owner did not match the VIN or could not produce the title on the spot. It's been done more than once. So, you have to consider the price of getting the title if you are a serious buyer. I'm not trying to your thread, just a little bit of insight on what has happened in the past.
Indeed it has happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Weird Lady
Mucus Membrane!
hotcknstrips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:34 AM   #28
CBRguyIZcool
UkrainianSicilian100%Nerd

Bike(s):
H-D Sportster 48

Send a message via AIM to CBRguyIZcool
Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpRice View Post
400! Cash right now
that sounds about right coming from pimprice
CBRguyIZcool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #29
GRIFF
CMRA#730

Feedback Rating: (30)

Bike(s):
2009 Ducati (qaak qaak)
2008 GSXR750 (Race)
KTM 950R (trouble maker)
Texas badest 50 (stunt)
etc,etc, toy box keeps changin

Part it out. Wheels,forks,rear sets,clipons,seat,race tail,motor,lock set,headlight, etc. It's the only way you will get more than $600. Hope this helps and good luck.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #30
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

+1 on parting it out. Anyway you go about it you're gonna lose money but that would be the way to get the most back. I could see $1200 if it ran GREAT and had a title but realistically it's gonna go for more like $800 without, probably even a little less with no matching paint.

Pimp's $400 offer wasn't exactly insulting. You asked how much it's worth. I figure about $800 is fair. He offers $400 and you split the difference. $600 should make all parties happy (except maybe you since you'll never recoup your full investment).

I can't count how many times I've seen people come onto forums and ask how much their item is worth - when they always seem to have a number already fixed in their head and they're just looking for agreement. Then when someone answers their question with a price they don't like they get mad. Why were they even asking then?? Don't get butthurt by forum members when they don't happen to hold your near 20-yr-old bike in the same high esteem that you do.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:58 PM   #31
Mfwic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown View Post
+1 on parting it out. Anyway you go about it you're gonna lose money but that would be the way to get the most back. I could see $1200 if it ran GREAT and had a title but realistically it's gonna go for more like $800 without, probably even a little less with no matching paint.

Pimp's $400 offer wasn't exactly insulting. You asked how much it's worth. I figure about $800 is fair. He offers $400 and you split the difference. $600 should make all parties happy (except maybe you since you'll never recoup your full investment).

I can't count how many times I've seen people come onto forums and ask how much their item is worth - when they always seem to have a number already fixed in their head and they're just looking for agreement. Then when someone answers their question with a price they don't like they get mad. Why were they even asking then?? Don't get butthurt by forum members when they don't happen to hold your near 20-yr-old bike in the same high esteem that you do.
it's a 15 year old bike to be exact ... and common sense says it's worth a little bit over 400 so don't tell me $400 ain't insulting.
Mfwic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #32
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

16 years of registration, probably a little more than 17 since it was made. In any case I was just speaking generally about threads like these that play out in car/moto forums all over the web every day.

And I wasn't saying you would take $400 or even that he expected to buy it for that price (though crazier things have happened and the only way for it to DEFINITELY never happen would be for him to never offer that amount at all). Anyway, I was saying he countered your initial offer and from there you both work toward an agreeable middle ground. You just got REAL defensive REAL fast, lol. All you have to say is, "no, thanks"

Old 05-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #33
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

16 years of registration, probably a little more than 17 since it was made. In any case I was just speaking generally about threads like these that play out in car/moto forums all over the web every day.

And I wasn't saying you would take $400 or even that he expected to buy it for that price (though crazier things have happened and the only way for it to DEFINITELY never happen would be for him to never offer that amount at all). Anyway, I was saying he countered your initial offer and from there you both work toward an agreeable middle ground. You just got REAL defensive REAL fast, lol. All you have to say is, "no, thanks"

Old 06-23-2012, 05:51 PM   #34
Jackiebtt
J_Batt

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
06 gsxr 600
97 cbr 600

Like 8 months back I picked up a 97F3 with 30k miles. has a good title, but needed carbs cleaned to run right, has minor issues like farrings, head light doesnt work, binkers work when they want to, but mechanically its a beast. Paid 1500.
Jackiebtt is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement