MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2012, 01:23 PM   #21
OpnCskt
OpnCskt

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 600 (Wrecked)
2008 GSXR 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIFF View Post
I have had good luck with them.

It comes down to the installer. I have seen people who dont have experence try to put on OEM factory ones and cussed that they didnt fit. If you take your time with the replicas you will be pleased I assure you.

I installed a set of replicas the guy said they didnt line up for . 2 hours later I had them on and looking good without modifing them.
Well where do you live? I have no experience in fairings and will be the guy cussing ill be willing to pay for experienced help! I just want them to look good... ill even bring the bike to your house so you dont have to go anywhere if needed!
OpnCskt is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Has any one used ebay fairings? killer650 General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 05-29-2013 09:30 AM
Will 08-09 r6 fairings fit 06-07 r6 fairings? AYEELE General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 02-19-2011 03:03 PM
to eBay or not to eBay EverLucky1 General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 08-11-2009 08:47 PM
F ebay txferrari Off Topic 10 02-12-2008 07:04 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2012, 01:31 PM   #22
flip326
No likey, no bikey

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
'07 GSXR-750 (sold)
'05 zx6r Monster (sold)
'03 600rr track (sold)
'04 600rr Eurobet (sold)
'05 gsxr 600 (sold)

Question

I've had good luck with motofansclub

DSC 0003 3
Old 05-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #23
OpnCskt
OpnCskt

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 600 (Wrecked)
2008 GSXR 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipboy326 View Post
I've had good luck with motofansclub

DSC 0003 3
From that guy did you have problems with it fitting? and are they weak while your riding?
Old 05-11-2012, 01:41 PM   #24
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

If you buy from China you will get:

thin or brittle plastic
not quite great clear coat or some running on the paint
missing or not aligned tabs

something that looks great on the bike after a day of cussing and about a case of beer.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR
Old 05-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #25
moose2590
Chris

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
06' GSXR 600
05' Ninja 636 (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIFF View Post
I have had good luck with them.

It comes down to the installer. I have seen people who dont have experence try to put on OEM factory ones and cussed that they didnt fit. If you take your time with the replicas you will be pleased I assure you.

I installed a set of replicas the guy said they didnt line up for . 2 hours later I had them on and looking good without modifing them.
not really the ones i ordered were i had my buddy that has been working at the dealership try to install them as well and he has had a lot of expierence with gsxr and he said they were too he tried for two hours
moose2590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:45 PM   #26
moose2590
Chris

Bike(s):
06' GSXR 600
05' Ninja 636 (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
If you buy from China you will get:

thin or brittle plastic
not quite great clear coat or some running on the paint
missing or not aligned tabs

something that looks great on the bike after a day of cussing and about a case of beer.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR
^^^^exactly lessoned learn with me
Old 05-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #27
flip326
No likey, no bikey

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
'07 GSXR-750 (sold)
'05 zx6r Monster (sold)
'03 600rr track (sold)
'04 600rr Eurobet (sold)
'05 gsxr 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpnCskt View Post
From that guy did you have problems with it fitting? and are they weak while your riding?
much stiffer than oem, so I was nervous about putting on the tail section. Everything lined up properly, but I did have to drill a few holes bigger. Put on my own heat shield and rode it daily plus trackdays without any melting.

I bought it from a group buy on 600rr.net.

$899 will get you I stock fairings from Michigan...1 week total delivery. Fastfairings.com. Im sure they're just hongkomg fairings he keeps in stock and you pay extra for the fast shipping
Old 05-11-2012, 02:01 PM   #28
Mayday0017

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2003 R6 Trackbike

Send a message via AIM to Mayday0017
They crack, they are a different type of plastic, they are PVC not ABS, They are junk, they do NOT look bad for the $$$.... But they will not hold up as well and will not fit as well. Some bikes I would think would fit better then others. If you can't find somewhere to paint stock fairings for a reasonable price shoot me a PM. I hate painting and I'm not a professional and won't promise flawless results but I use quality paint and do a good enough job that it will look flawless 5ft away and up close it will look good too... Or talk to houseofpaint they do good work and I'm sure wouldn't charge 1k unless you are trying to do grahics and what not... what kind of bike you have anyways?

Trackday Registration:www.fastlinemcs.com

Motorcycles Unlimited / EBC Brake Pads www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
Mayday0017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #29
Schmidie
d(^v^)b

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2009 Kawi ZX6R (Hybernating)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMonkey View Post
If its the ones that come pre-painted from China...forget it. They don't fit right and flimsy as . I ended up buying an OEM replacement with slight damage instead.
umm mines not flimsy.... they're actually stronger
Old 05-11-2012, 03:39 PM   #30
OpnCskt
OpnCskt

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 600 (Wrecked)
2008 GSXR 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayday0017 View Post
They crack, they are a different type of plastic, they are PVC not ABS, They are junk, they do NOT look bad for the $$$.... But they will not hold up as well and will not fit as well. Some bikes I would think would fit better then others. If you can't find somewhere to paint stock fairings for a reasonable price shoot me a PM. I hate painting and I'm not a professional and won't promise flawless results but I use quality paint and do a good enough job that it will look flawless 5ft away and up close it will look good too... Or talk to houseofpaint they do good work and I'm sure wouldn't charge 1k unless you are trying to do grahics and what not... what kind of bike you have anyways?
2008 GSXR 600... Prob all black, or Black and Burnt Orange
Old 05-11-2012, 03:42 PM   #31
CBR_TRAN
Another Short Asian

Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2007 Cbr600rr
1972 cb450 (cafe under construction)
2008 Kawasaki 250r (sold)

I have fairings from Hong Kong. For the most part, it fit pretty well. All holes lined up. Only problem I had was the right upper fairing connecting to the front cowl. Also, after a year now, there are some heat cracks in the paint. Nothing anyone would notice from far or even up close. I'm pretty satisfied for only spending $550...
Old 05-11-2012, 03:50 PM   #32
OpnCskt
OpnCskt

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 600 (Wrecked)
2008 GSXR 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR_TRAN View Post
I have fairings from Hong Kong. For the most part, it fit pretty well. All holes lined up. Only problem I had was the right upper fairing connecting to the front cowl. Also, after a year now, there are some heat cracks in the paint. Nothing anyone would notice from far or even up close. I'm pretty satisfied for only spending $550...
Do you remember what seller you got them from? And how long it took to get them
Old 05-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #33
Mayday0017

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2003 R6 Trackbike

Send a message via AIM to Mayday0017
The other thing to keep in mind with using aftermarket fairings, when you have one break or get damaged you are now buying a full set of plastics because one part got damaged. You are no longer able (or can't depend on) replacing with easy to find factory fairings. I'll paint your bike for $500 (assuming decent condition plastics), or option #2 is I'll tell you what I expect prep wise and where to go buy all materials and you can come help paint and I'll do it for $100. The bike you need plastics for should be really easy to find and grab some mismatch pieces, let me tell you what I expect for prep and your finished product will depend on how much effort you put into getting it ready for paint. OR roll the dice and see what you get, as stated earlier I hate painting (mostly the prep), but all you are going to get from this thread is different subjective opinions from people that you don't even know if they should be giving advice or not. (not intended to be a stab at anyone, maybe I am the one who shouldn't be giving their 2cents)

Side note, I prob spelled 400 words wrong but this isn't worth the effort to look over what I typed, so sorry about typo's....

Trackday Registration:www.fastlinemcs.com

Motorcycles Unlimited / EBC Brake Pads www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
Mayday0017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #34
moose2590
Chris

Bike(s):
06' GSXR 600
05' Ninja 636 (SOLD)

yeah if i were you and you dont have any fairings at all find a complete set of used oem ones here on the forum or somewhere man cause like mayday said once you mess a fairing up your going to have to replace it and that will suck when you have aftermarket fairings on it
Old 05-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #35
debit_debit
Dat photoshoop

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Gsx-r 600
2005 Suzuki Gsx-r 600
1986 Honda VF500F

There is a HUGE range in quality from HK / China sellers. Just make sure the seller is reputable and they guarantee ABS plastic made using injection molding for the specific set that you plan to buy.

I bought mine from Auctmarts, because they always returned my e-mails within 24 hours. Shipping took 30 days, but they were packed well and arrived in decent shape.

Overall, I'm satisfied and would purchase again if I needed another set. I just couldn't justify spending the kind of dollars on OEM when a $550 set and a little DIY elbow grease gets you most of the way there.
debit_debit is offline   Reply With Quote