MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2007, 08:39 PM   #1
Htown1000
Bleed the Block

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
Red and Black Gixxer 1000

Organizing rides

Hey everyone one.. I just want to make a suggestion.. For 2007 let's try to be more solid about our dates,times and places we are going to meet for rides. We all like riding and want to meet up and ride but the last week has been terrible with getting definate ride dates and times. Let's be solid when we set these dates and times up so people that need to make a commitment can organize themselves at home first (with the significant others or babysitters) in advance and we can meet and do what we love! RIDIN !!! With that said when is the next motohouston ride? and where are we meeting? Swift E i'm counting on you bro to get this year started off right ! :icon_bigg
Htown1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any rides? SimplyJay Cruisers Lounge 0 12-22-2013 12:08 PM
Afternoon rides? Mr.D General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 05-07-2010 09:13 AM
Photo Organizing/cataloging Software ?'s FKNA Off Topic 0 12-15-2008 08:07 PM
how many rides does it take? MudBug General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 11-08-2008 05:52 AM
new rides train460 General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 07-06-2008 04:21 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-01-2007, 08:41 PM   #2
ownage
Banned

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 08:43 PM   #3
Red

Member Garage

+1
I have passed on several rides on this board due to exactly that. The very first post should stat the time to meet, the place to meet, and where the ride is going.
When you start comprimising to meet everyones needs it just gets way to confusing 3-4 pages in to the thread.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:44 PM   #4
Htown1000
Bleed the Block

Bike(s):

I guess i'm directing this more at the original ride posters that normally organize the run and have the ride mapped out.. Once that's set then whoever can make it makes it.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:55 PM   #5
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

Thats why most rides in the future are going to be done by pm and phone and not posted is because there is no way to predict the future and what might happen. Theres no need in calling Swift out when his last post on a ride was only gauging interest not orginazing one....
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
rob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:03 PM   #6
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

I think what you are referring to is the ride set up for today. The problem is there was no one specific person setting up the ride or making the decisions. Just some people trying to get a meet together in a time of year that is sketchy to try to plan things ie: hang overs, family and weather. If one person wants to set up a ride and say this is the time and place that is cool. If some people try to set up a ride and try to work around holiday schedules and compromise on time, then that is the way it is as well. That is life when dealing with multiple people with a life to carry on.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:04 PM   #7
Htown1000
Bleed the Block

Bike(s):

Rob78 i'm not like u and swift E.. calling each other out on the forum for jokes as homeboys.. I'm saying he always leads group rides and does a good job organizing from my experience last week so i'm assuming he will continue! i dont call people out homie I barely know you guys and ya'll are cool.. What made me post this is that someone else posted pics of a ride that went down today and i was surprised that they all got together based on the thread that was going back and forth last night and today.. it didnt seem like anything was set from jump. I think a time and date should be posted and it should not be changed... you either make it at that time which is definate or you dont.. just like we did saturday before last.. that was awesome!

Last edited by Htown1000; 01-01-2007 at 09:12 PM.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:04 PM   #8
Los
Gang Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Los
One thing to consider also is that it was the holdiday season.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:35 PM   #9
YankeeR6
Lets ride!!

Bike(s):
06 R6 50th A.E.

Send a message via AIM to YankeeR6 Send a message via Yahoo to YankeeR6
:eh: Today's ride was my fault, I very rarely get to ride on the weekends with everyone, so I figured I would see if anyone wanted to meet up. But, I did not know of a time and/or any places to ride since when I ride its around Houston at night for the most part. So I just posted up and see if anyone else would set everything else up.

But after we got everything figured out and it was a great day.

Red I told you what the plans where on Sunday and tried to call you a few times this morning, but I guess you were still passed out.

sig600x150
YankeeR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:38 PM   #10
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob78
Thats why most rides in the future are going to be done by pm and phone and not posted is because there is no way to predict the future and what might happen. Theres no need in calling Swift out when his last post on a ride was only gauging interest not orginazing one....

I think if you try to set up rides by pm and phone, it will turn into a invite only kind ordeal. A time was set up between myself, indyrc and yankeer6 and agreed upon. Anyone else was free to join. I ran 10 minutes late but that time stuck.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:40 PM   #11
Red

Member Garage

Yankee I missed your call due to already being out on the road. I figured rather than go try to find you guys by myself somewhere I was not familiar with I would just go play alone on the Northside again. Maybe next time. Thanks for the call though.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:41 PM   #12
YankeeR6
Lets ride!!

Bike(s):
06 R6 50th A.E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Yankee I missed your call due to already being out on the road. I figured rather than go try to find you guys by myself somewhere I was not familiar with I would just go play alone on the Northside again. Maybe next time. Thanks for the call though.

Aw got ya. Well next time you go ride give me a holla.

sig600x150
Old 01-01-2007, 09:46 PM   #13
SBK Pilot
non playa hatar

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
:: 05 GSXR 750 ::

:: 07 GSXR 1K ::
:: 11 ZUMA 125 ::
stop listing what u sold here - nobody cares...

Old 01-01-2007, 09:47 PM   #14
Red

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeR6
Aw got ya. Well next time you go ride give me a holla.
Will do I did keep your # so that will not be a problem.
See ya !
Old 01-01-2007, 09:48 PM   #15
YankeeR6
Lets ride!!

Bike(s):
06 R6 50th A.E.

sig600x150
Old 01-01-2007, 10:19 PM   #16
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown1000
Rob78 i'm not like u and swift E.. calling each other out on the forum for jokes as homeboys.. I'm saying he always leads group rides and does a good job organizing from my experience last week so i'm assuming he will continue! i dont call people out homie I barely know you guys and ya'll are cool.. What made me post this is that someone else posted pics of a ride that went down today and i was surprised that they all got together based on the thread that was going back and forth last night and today.. it didnt seem like anything was set from jump. I think a time and date should be posted and it should not be changed... you either make it at that time which is definate or you dont.. just like we did saturday before last.. that was awesome!
Last Saturday was awesome, and swift does a great job.. It just seemed as though you were calling him out because we were unable to make it Sunday if I misread it I am sorry and mean nothing by it. It just seems that almost everytime he tries to set some thing up there always somebody complaining, cant makem all happy. The reason for the phone or pm is invite only to keep drama a a minimum and Htown you and your crew are always welcome to join...Meeting time and place is usually always the same mason rd starbucks 9 am.
TMGP #78

Quote:
Old 01-01-2007, 10:27 PM   #17
Htown1000
Bleed the Block

Bike(s):

That's Cool Rob! I have Swift E number and i knew what was up after talking to him sunday. That wasnt a posted ride or nothing.. I'm just saying for all of us that are trying to get a ride together the original poster should confirm something like how it went down with our group we had that saturday.. the ride was talked up.. the leader set the date and time and the route and confirmed the morning of.. 15 riders later we were in bliss with the exception of the hillbillie with the shotgun ha ha.. that was perfect. I found myself trying to stay glued to the forum for a few different rides this week because no one knew when, where and what time.. so instead of taking care of my business and knowing where, when and what time i was meeting some riders i was on the laptop until the last minute.. I think we should just adopt the method that was used as i previously mentioned and we all will be able to get together better especially people driving from Alvin, Conroe, the woodlands.. they cant afford to be on the laptop until 15 minutes before the ride. I guess i just got excited after that saturday ride ha ha ha.. let me know when you are riding again with a big group or not.. we are close and i can ride any day right now..

Peace !
Old 01-01-2007, 10:33 PM   #18
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

I agree with that fully it does suck waiting till the last min. wonder where and when. We have a set time and place its just not every weekend due to spending time with family. Now with trackdays starting up it might be even harder to juggle the family, track and weekend rides but we will figure something out. Like I said before sorry about that, it just didnt read right ..
TMGP #78

Quote:
Old 01-01-2007, 10:38 PM   #19
Htown1000
Bleed the Block

Bike(s):

Rob have you rode your bike since u got the work done at Patrick's, suspension, tires, new helmet, etc.. Mine feels like night and day since they set my suspension up for me... I love it !!!
Old 01-01-2007, 10:42 PM   #20
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown1000
Rob have you rode your bike since u got the work done at Patrick's, suspension, tires, new helmet, etc.. Mine feels like night and day since they set my suspension up for me... I love it !!!
not really just scrubbed the tires in, and as far as the suspension lol I told you you would like it. He had already done mine about a year ago was just making sure it was still all good..
TMGP #78

Quote:

Advertisement