MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2012, 01:38 PM   #21
JMAC

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Ninja

Years ago I used simple green to clean centerline wheels on my truck. It messed up the finish and looked like little spyder webs all over........
JMAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
They stole my bike green 636 superkat Stolen Bike Reports 15 08-19-2011 10:48 PM
Green bike M@tt General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 03-27-2010 09:52 AM
Green bike gets away on 45 S Coast Rider General Discussion (Moto Related) 32 12-30-2009 01:30 AM
Advertisement
Old 05-08-2012, 01:49 PM   #22
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

While I'm a fan of simple green, I do have to say that S100 is good stuff!!!
Old 05-08-2012, 02:08 PM   #23
Harveyj

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2003 ZX12-R
2006 LTR 450
2001 KX 250
2006 GSXR 600
2003 ZZR 1200

I have used simplpe green on all my bikes never had a problem.
Harveyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #24
FJRmgm

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Yamaha FJR 1300
Honda CBR 954RR
Yamaha WR250R

this from the Simple Green web site.

Aluminum - Is it safe to use Simple Green® on aluminum?
When used with caution and according to the instructions, Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner has been safely and successfully used to clean aluminum. Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner, Crystal Simple Green® Cleaner/Degreaser, Simple Green Pressure Washer Concentrates, and Pro Series™ Simple Green® Automotive Cleaner have been used on aircraft, automotive, industrial and consumer aluminum items for over 20 years.

However, caution and common sense must be used: aluminum is a soft metal that easily corrodes with unprotected exposure to water.

The aqueous-base and alkalinity of Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner can accelerate the corrosion process. Therefore, contact times for unprotected or unpainted aluminum surfaces should be kept as brief as the job will allow - never for more than 10 minutes. Large cleaning jobs should be conducted in smaller-area stages to achieve lower contact time. Rinsing after cleaning should always be extremely thorough - paying special attention to flush out cracks and crevices to remove all Simple Green® product residues. Unfinished, uncoated or unpainted aluminum cleaned with Simple Green products should receive some sort of protectant after cleaning to prevent oxidation.
FJRmgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:01 PM   #25
Stromtrooper
Trust me I know what I'm

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'08 Wee-Strom DL650
Trek OCLV 5200

Member Garage

this is from Simple Green web site too:

Untitled

Possible side effects include breast enlargement
Stromtrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:11 PM   #26
Snarky
Eisen-Schwein!

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'12 R1200 GS ADV
'09 Versys
'01 XT 225 (sold) :(

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayday0017 View Post
Man quit being scared spray the whole bike down in brake cleaner and call it a day, won't even need to hose it off it will evaporate.

Oh yeah, it works great on plastics too. If you need your plastics cleaned off your bike, just use brake cleaner and let it sit for a while. You'll never have to worry about those plastics being dirty again. Also make sure you are using a chlorinated brake cleaner, and smoking a cigarette while you are doing it to look cool, because health and safety is for . Cleaning a bike is serious manly man business.

Or don't, see if I care!
Old 05-08-2012, 03:35 PM   #27
Mayday0017

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 R6 Trackbike

Send a message via AIM to Mayday0017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarky View Post
Oh yeah, it works great on plastics too. If you need your plastics cleaned off your bike, just use brake cleaner and let it sit for a while. You'll never have to worry about those plastics being dirty again. Also make sure you are using a chlorinated brake cleaner, and smoking a cigarette while you are doing it to look cool, because health and safety is for . Cleaning a bike is serious manly man business.

Or don't, see if I care!

LOL I like how you quote all of what I said except for the part where I said it was a joke....

Trackday Registration:www.fastlinemcs.com

Motorcycles Unlimited / EBC Brake Pads www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
Mayday0017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #28
iBang

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'01 SV650N
'04 R1

Another vote for S100. Great stuff! Used it for the first time last weekend and I'm amazed how much it brightened up my frame and wheels.

For heavy grease the zep orange cleaner they sell at home depot is pretty awesome but it is a "scrub" type cleaner, not a spray, wait, clean off like S100.
iBang is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement