MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2006, 07:29 PM   #21
Scorpio
Twist the Grip, Let'r Rip
 
Scorpio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Shmearth
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 12,292

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+


450x sumo (sold)
RC51 (sold)
Honda Grom 125(sold)

Member Garage





Send a message via AIM to Scorpio
Was a blast for sure. Great company, great weather, great food. What else could you ask for?

See all you guys in '07!
Scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
9/5/15 Forest Ride *149/3090 FuelSlut Events, Meets and Rides 54 09-06-2015 02:45 PM
149/3090 Condition? DLite General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 11-12-2011 06:08 PM
pics: tragic conroe 149 forest ride Spanish Fly General Discussion (Moto Related) 281 03-03-2009 11:18 PM
149 / 3090 Ride On!!! Jester Events, Meets and Rides 20 09-12-2006 11:41 AM
Sunday 09-03-06 Morning Ride 149 and 3090 JonEric0430 Events, Meets and Rides 35 09-05-2006 10:53 AM
Advertisement
Old 12-31-2006, 07:29 PM   #22
ptd
π
 
ptd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 389












Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Our group of 3 got stopped on 3090 in the most aggressive style I've seen yet. The on coming car which turned out to be a Trooper moved over into our lane coming straight at us with no lights or sirens at all and made it clear he was willing to run us over to stop us, which we willingly stopped anyway. He made us flip a coin to see who was going to get the ticket and of coarse I lost the coin toss. But after jackin with us for a bit he lightened up and let us all go. I just found that to be a little strange. Glad to let go without a ticket though.
Yeah I think that was the same guy who stopped at the summit. He was saying stuff like "Ok, how about I just write all you guys tickets now instead of chasing you down". Seemed to have a good sense of humour though, told us to be careful and said he had to go home to grab a bite to eat.

Thats pretty funny about the coin toss :laughing6

-pd
ptd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 07:29 PM   #23
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,627

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptd
Yeah I think at one point on the summit we had three groups there, us, one guy on a guzzi (neat bike), and a couple guys on gixxers (one had barely enough fuel to make it to the station I believe) and a guy on a brand spanking new zx-14 (said the new busa is too slow for his blood plus he just totalled his busa after t-boning someone who turned left in front of him :BangHead: )

It was a good day all and all, we stopped at Phils roadhouse on the way back for lunch, am suffering from heartburn now it seems from the fried jalapenos... I can eat my mothers spiciest korean food, and some of the hottest thai food, but I cant seem to handle fried jalapenoes anymore.. guess I am getting old :BangHead:

-pd
THe guy on the MG rode with us from Carlos to Round Top. In fact, he led the way most of the way. He was a nice guy (except he also owns a hardley)....told him about the site...maybe he'll check in. And to Mr. Black99R1...make sure your bike is all put together before leaving from a destination. Sucks to learn the hard way.:BangHead:
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 07:33 PM   #24
Red
Guest
 
Posts: n/a







Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by ptd
Yeah I think that was the same guy who stopped at the summit. He was saying stuff like "Ok, how about I just write all you guys tickets now instead of chasing you down". Seemed to have a good sense of humour though, told us to be careful and said he had to go home to grab a bite to eat.

Thats pretty funny about the coin toss :laughing6

-pd
Yep that would be the same Trooper he told us he was going to get some dinner also and we interupted the moment. OOPS!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 07:43 PM   #25
t.dubya
Senor Member
 
t.dubya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: the 4th
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,647


Bike(s):
k7 gsxr 600 (now dead)









Quote:
Originally Posted by nihaikitty
but do ya'll allow NOOBIE GIRLS on 500s to join? I have about 300 miles under my belt so far, but my take offs are slow and I still fight with my clutch sometimes.
are any of ya'll going on the new year's ride?
Noobs are welcome on most rides, a 500 is plenty fast enough, and you ride at your own pace, the group will wait at stopping points. However, if ya only got 300 miles under your belt I would seriously recomend getting a little more experience before attempting a group backroads run. A typical backroads run is 2-300 miles or so of highway speed cruising down two lane roads with some pretty decent turns. You should be real comfortable with riding on the freeways and leaning and turning the bike and with riding with other people in a group before attemping to do a big backroads ride. It would also propbably be better to start of with smaller groups on shorter rides as big groups and big rides can be somewhat overwhelming to a newer rider.
See ya on a backroad soon
t.dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 07:44 PM   #26
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,547

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by nihaikitty
but do ya'll allow NOOBIE GIRLS on 500s to join? I have about 300 miles under my belt so far, but my take offs are slow and I still fight with my clutch sometimes.
are any of ya'll going on the new year's ride?
I don't mind if no one else does. I don't think we'll be breaking too many sound barriers. Holiday weekends tend to have too much heat floating around.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 08:00 PM   #27
baliqsR1
blueR1
 
baliqsR1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Medical Center
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 258


Bike(s):
GSX-R 750 K4(FOR SALE), SV650 (track), Honda CR250R









Send a message via AIM to baliqsR1 Send a message via MSN to baliqsR1 Send a message via Yahoo to baliqsR1
it was a great ride...i had a blast..."dbuckzx7" thanx for leading me back to 290...i wonder if the other guys made it back...the asian dude(from another group) on a SV650 looked kinda scared...prolly coz he lost his group:confused2
baliqsR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 08:00 PM   #28
BigComfy
Senior Member
 
BigComfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: under a rock
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 24,323

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by ptd
If these guys are too fast for you, check out http://springsportbikes.com/ for posted rides.

-pd
__________________
"I haven't seen the crash, but I think Marc needs to be penalized for two or three seasons! Until I stop racing!"-VR46
BigComfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 08:10 PM   #29
ptd
π
 
ptd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Republic of Texas
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 389












Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcomfynumero2
Wha? She can hang in the back with "Slo" Mo. Then again, with only 300 miles, 3090 north and south can be kinda tricky for someone who may get overly excited and try to keep up with others.

-pd
ptd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 08:19 PM   #30
yankee
Senior Member
 
yankee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Sugar Land
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,082


Bike(s):
08 HD Nightster









Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
Our group of 3 got stopped on 3090 in the most aggressive style I've seen yet. The on coming car which turned out to be a Trooper moved over into our lane coming straight at us with no lights or sirens at all and made it clear he was willing to run us over to stop us, which we willingly stopped anyway. He made us flip a coin to see who was going to get the ticket and of coarse I lost the coin toss. But after jackin with us for a bit he lightened up and let us all go. I just found that to be a little strange. Glad to let go without a ticket though.

crazy story, glad to hear you guys didnt get a ticket either. sounds like the popo were being very generous today, he could have easily handed out tickets to a few peeps in our group. Of course we did have a little assistance from one of our very own MH riders!! thank you sir...:notworthy
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 08:21 PM   #31
BigComfy
Senior Member
 
BigComfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: under a rock
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 24,323

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by ptd
Wha? She can hang in the back with "Slo" Mo. Then again, with only 300 miles, 3090 north and south can be kinda tricky for someone who may get overly excited and try to keep up with others.

-pd
Your avatar rocks Glad your ok.
__________________
"I haven't seen the crash, but I think Marc needs to be penalized for two or three seasons! Until I stop racing!"-VR46
BigComfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 08:23 PM   #32
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,627

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by baliqsR1
it was a great ride...i had a blast..."dbuckzx7" thanx for leading me back to 290...i wonder if the other guys made it back...the asian dude(from another group) on a SV650 looked kinda scared...prolly coz he lost his group:confused2
no problem man....nice riding with ya....I had enough riding out of Fayetville doing 110 with those guys who "tagged" along. I led most of the way out of Fayetville and I was getting tired and I could feel my skills beginning to slip a lil' bit. Once I hit 290 it was on like donkey kong....I wanted to get home and have a beer to get ready for tonight.:icon_bigg\
P.S. you need a new rear tire before meeting for a group ride again:laughing6
Look who's talking, right? I'm gonna get new rubber (front & rear) this week I think.

Last edited by dbuck; 12-31-2006 at 08:27 PM.
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 08:25 PM   #33
yankee
Senior Member
 
yankee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Sugar Land
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,082


Bike(s):
08 HD Nightster









Quote:
Originally Posted by baliqsR1
it was a great ride...i had a blast..."dbuckzx7" thanx for leading me back to 290...i wonder if the other guys made it back...the asian dude(from another group) on a SV650 looked kinda scared...prolly coz he lost his group:confused2

I dont know how I lost you guys, I had pulled over waiting for you and Dan (dbuckzx7) and I thought I saw your headlights so I started rolling and then I looked back and nothing. I ended up by myself and just drove through to Sealy and jumped on I-10.
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 08:30 PM   #34
dbuck
Stayin' Young
 
dbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NW Houston BW8/290
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 19,627

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk









Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee
I dont know how I lost you guys, I had pulled over waiting for you and Dan (dbuckzx7) and I thought I saw your headlights so I started rolling and then I looked back and nothing. I ended up by myself and just drove through to Sealy and jumped on I-10.
I know how you lost me....you guys were pinned at 100+ for like 10 minutes....ya'll passed my next turn, I caught up, motioned for you to turn around, but you kept going.. I thought, F 'em....they'll find there way back. I was ready to get home.
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 08:33 PM   #35
TLLuvr
Senior Member
 
TLLuvr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northwest Houston
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 519

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
A few of them









Dang BJ looks like I missed a good one. I thought we were going to the gun show?
TLLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 08:39 PM   #36
yankee
Senior Member
 
yankee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Sugar Land
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,082


Bike(s):
08 HD Nightster









Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuckzx7
I know how you lost me....you guys were pinned at 100+ for like 10 minutes....ya'll passed my next turn, I caught up, motioned for you to turn around, but you kept going.. I thought, F 'em....they'll find there way back. I was ready to get home.

yeah but I was getting tired and when I looked back I didnt see you anymore, so I pulled over right after the turn (i think it as 946) and waited for you guys. I thought I saw your lights...so I just started back on the road....I didnt see you motion to me. Anyway, no biggie I found my way home just fine.

Happy New Year Guys!!
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 08:55 PM   #37
Irish
The Dogs Bollocks
 
Irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tomball
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 508


Bike(s):
06 Suzuki 750









Send a message via MSN to Irish
Had a real good ride with yall, can't wait till the next one.

PM me if there is any tomorrow

Garreth
__________________
Sunny MotorSports
South Central Race Center
Tom's Paint & Body
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 09:14 PM   #38
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss
 
arturo3rd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Meadows Place, TX
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 14,068

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight









too fast for me. ill join in on the noob rides this coming year.
__________________
motobanner new
arturo3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 09:17 PM   #39
baliqsR1
blueR1
 
baliqsR1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Medical Center
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 258


Bike(s):
GSX-R 750 K4(FOR SALE), SV650 (track), Honda CR250R









Send a message via AIM to baliqsR1 Send a message via MSN to baliqsR1 Send a message via Yahoo to baliqsR1
.

Last edited by baliqsR1; 12-31-2006 at 09:19 PM.
baliqsR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 09:18 PM   #40
baliqsR1
blueR1
 
baliqsR1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Medical Center
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 258


Bike(s):
GSX-R 750 K4(FOR SALE), SV650 (track), Honda CR250R









Send a message via AIM to baliqsR1 Send a message via MSN to baliqsR1 Send a message via Yahoo to baliqsR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuckzx7
no problem man....nice riding with ya....I had enough riding out of Fayetville doing 110 with those guys who "tagged" along. I led most of the way out of Fayetville and I was getting tired and I could feel my skills beginning to slip a lil' bit. Once I hit 290 it was on like donkey kong....I wanted to get home and have a beer to get ready for tonight.:icon_bigg\
P.S. you need a new rear tire before meeting for a group ride again:laughing6
Look who's talking, right? I'm gonna get new rubber (front & rear) this week I think.

lol..yeah dude i'm gonna get sum new rubber(both) this week as well...my rear tire is pretty much done...i was taking it easy...i was staring to feel the rearend slide a little bit
baliqsR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy