MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #21
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce305 View Post
never a moment that i get on the bike that i dont think about that ride we took...

i was actually going to ask you guys to see if you wanted to take a memorial ride for him. and take that route maybe stop at that corner say a little prayer for him and go from there...

what do you guys think. ?
Good idea, might be tough for me since no bike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_rider View Post
I think this could be tough, but still a good idea.
yeah, I would visit the corner, but not ride after, it would be too much in my head to enjoy, maybe if it's a really really slow ride.

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RIP Mkgsxr RIP Morvegil Renzo Off Topic 60 02-16-2012 11:12 PM
Ride to Remember Wesley Combs 5/13/11 trooper Events, Meets and Rides 52 05-13-2011 06:47 PM
RIP Wesley Combs Helios General Discussion (Moto Related) 178 05-12-2011 03:37 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #22
Bounce305
The Brasileiro!!!!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
08 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post

yeah, I would visit the corner, but not ride after, it would be too much in my head to enjoy, maybe if it's a really really slow ride.
no need for the ride i really just want to go to pay my respects at that corner ride drive no matter and i said the ride just in case people wanted to i wasnt planning on riding regardless.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #23
Soldaten

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2010 BMW F800 ST
YZ250 (sold)
BMW E30 Race Car
LeMons Race Car (burned)

This has to be one of the saddest threads I've ever read. It's also one of the most inspirational, since you guys seem to remember Wes so fondly. I never got a chance to meet Wes, but he sounds like a great guy. RIP Wes!

Helen Keller once says something that could have been written for motorcyclist:

Security is mostly a superstition.
It does not exist in nature,
nor do the children of men as a whole experience it.
Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure.
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #24
lone_rider
SDRC RouteMaster

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'08 CBR1000rr
'09 Kawi C-14 RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounce305 View Post
no need for the ride i really just want to go to pay my respects at that corner ride drive no matter and i said the ride just in case people wanted to i wasnt planning on riding regardless.
I agree with you guys, caging it or riding shouldn't make a difference, regardless it should be a slow, slow ride in memory and respect of Wes and open to anyone and everyone. I myself would probably ride.
lone_rider is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement