MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2007, 11:37 AM   #21
dotcom
*** PUBLIC RELATIONS ***

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
01 Yamaha R6, 125 BBB mini

Send a message via AIM to dotcom Send a message via MSN to dotcom Send a message via Yahoo to dotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermanfreak2
I have this thing called adhd and my doctor says he doesnt like to prescribe medicine to young people because they have a tendency to abuse. I was like dont worry not me. but he says even with poeple who have it extreme he still doesnt like to prescribe anything. Anyways i was wondering if anyone knew a doctor who is maybe not so paranoid.

PS. im 22 yrs so im not some punk kid. thanx
i have it too.. just go to any dr really.. they will most likely put you on Aderol

www.myspace.com/motohouston
dotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
i need a doctor.. Kodak Off Topic 10 05-30-2010 07:18 PM
Man goes to the doctor Grinchy Off Topic 12 09-02-2009 03:01 PM
doctor look up pester Off Topic 9 08-26-2009 09:13 PM
GO TO THE DOCTOR! FastLine Off Topic 8 01-21-2008 02:14 PM
The Doctor BigComfy General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 08-22-2006 02:07 PM
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2007, 11:47 AM   #22
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Have you guys tried other things besides prescription drugs?

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 04:12 PM   #23
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
Have you guys tried other things besides prescription drugs?

No shife.

Like reading instead of watching T.V. and playing video games.
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 04:19 PM   #24
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

My wife is on adderol. It is no joke. Adult add and adhd makes life hard for an adult and those around them. my wife is off her meds right now because of the baby and it is hard to keep her focused and to remember things.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 04:30 PM   #25
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575
My wife is on adderol. It is no joke. Adult add and adhd makes life hard for an adult and those around them. my wife is off her meds right now because of the baby and it is hard to keep her focused and to remember things.
But, has she tried alternatives? Just curious about this.... I tend to believe most of the diagnosed indiviuals that are prescribed drugs could probably change a few things about their environments and personal habits.

Old 01-02-2007, 04:44 PM   #26
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
But, has she tried alternatives? Just curious about this.... I tend to believe most of the diagnosed individuals that are prescribed drugs could probably change a few things about their environments and personal habits.
If you met her while on medicine and off medicine there is a huge difference. She is add. Not hyperactive just can't stay on task. she has been tested for thought processes and found she has way over the average for a individual. Which means that so much travels in her head that she often is overwhelmed and forgets little things because too much is going on up there. Add adults often have a quick temper and frustrate easily because their brains are going a mile a minute. The adderol med is actual an amphetamine and it actually slows her down so she can concentrate. on meds she is calm and collected. no hints of a temper and very productive at work. without meds she is hot headed and work frustrates her because she can't keep on task. she'll go on a task and forget what she is doing halfway through it. To answer your question no, no other routes have been taken because she has it too severe. Our son is the same way. we tried other alternatives but he has it too severe as well. I have it mildly but the meds raise my blood pressure up too high so I don't take any. I drink black coffee to give me the same speed rush to compensate for lack of meds. I still have the temper though and I try to keep it under wraps the best I can.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:49 PM   #27
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
If you met her while on medicine and off medicine there is a huge difference. She is add. Not hyperactive just can't stay on task. she has been tested for thought processes and found she has way over the average for a individual. Which means that so much travels in her head that she often is overwhelmed and forgets little things because too much is going on up there. Add adults often have a quick temper and frustrate easily because their brains are going a mile a minute. The adderol med is actual an amphetamine and it actually slows her down so she can concentrate. on meds she is calm and collected. no hints of a temper and very productive at work. without meds she is hot headed and work frustrates her because she can't keep on task. she'll go on a task and forget what she is doing halfway through it. To answer your question no, no other routes have been taken because she has it too severe. Our son is the same way. we tried other alternatives but he has it too severe as well. I have it mildly but the meds raise my blood pressure up too high so I don't take any. I drink black coffee to give me the same speed rush to compensate for lack of meds. I still have the temper though and I try to keep it under wraps the best I can.
Strange, Curious what level of physical activity you participate in on a daily basis and what your primary diet consists of.

Old 01-02-2007, 04:55 PM   #28
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Strange, Curious what level of physical activity you participate in on a daily basis and what your primary diet consists of.
She is a nurse and was a vegetarian for a long time. I drive for clay walker so I know as a driver that I don't have the best diet or get all the exercise I need. The last time I took meds i was at 6 ft and 190 lbs. New baby stacked weight back on. We are in the process of dieting. My brother has add and they treated it with making him drink a coke before he started his homework to help him concentrate. He is 6'2" 240 lbs. Bench presses 300lbs at 16 years old.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:04 PM   #29
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Quote:
I am with you on that Moody. A lot of the symptoms witchdoctor describes fit to a lot of adults, including me... . My co-workers call me an 'excellent multi-tasker'. My Ex called me workaholic because I couldn't sit still for 10 minutes without wanting to do something. I have to force myself to relax.

I guess the question is when it actually becomes so bad that is is a problem... ?!
Old 01-02-2007, 05:06 PM   #30
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faylaricia
I am with you on that Moody. A lot of the symptoms witchdoctor describes fit to a lot of adults, including me... . My co-workers call me an 'excellent multi-tasker'. My Ex called me workaholic because I couldn't sit still for 10 minutes without wanting to do something. I have to force myself to relax.

I guess the question is when it actually becomes so bad that is is a problem... ?!
Like I said, she doesn't have the adhd, just the add. They are 2 different conditions. It affects life when she can't remember what she is doing from the couch to the kitchen.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:07 PM   #31
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
She is a nurse and was a vegetarian for a long time. I drive for clay walker so I know as a driver that I don't have the best diet or get all the exercise I need. The last time I took meds i was at 6 ft and 190 lbs. New baby stacked weight back on. We are in the process of dieting. My brother has add and they treated it with making him drink a coke before he started his homework to help him concentrate. He is 6'2" 240 lbs. Bench presses 300lbs at 16 years old.
Very interesting, I find that i can drift from my tasks at time times too. Usualy it is because they bore me but, if it is work that has to get done i also find exercsing helps get me back on track. I think alot of us like to be active and sitting constantly becomes a difficult task. Also, I think that certain foods and things in our diets have a big affect on our mental stability. Although, I certainly do not rule out the need for medicine for some individuals.

Old 01-02-2007, 05:08 PM   #32
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Like I said, she doesn't have the adhd, just the add. They are 2 different conditions. It affects life when she can't remember what she is doing from the couch to the kitchen.
Sure that is not a sign of smoking to much wacky tobacky? :icon_bigg

J/K

Old 01-02-2007, 05:11 PM   #33
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Very interesting, I find that i can drift from my tasks at time times too. Usualy it is because they bore me but, if it is work that has to get done i also find exercsing helps get me back on track. I think alot of us like to be active and sitting constantly becomes a difficult task. Also, I think that certain foods and things in our diets have a big affect on our mental stability. Although, I certainly do not rule out the need for medicine for some individuals.
Well she is a floor nurse so I think she gets loads of excercise running from room to room for 12 hours per shift. I agree with diet and excercise for myself that is part of the reason I don't take anything. I can handle my slight condition. I too am known for my muliti tasking skills and find it hard to sit still and hard to unwind in the evening
Old 01-02-2007, 05:14 PM   #34
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Well she is a floor nurse so I think she gets loads of excercise running from room to room for 12 hours per shift. I agree with diet and excercise for myself that is part of the reason I don't take anything. I can handle my slight condition. I too am known for my muliti tasking skills and find it hard to sit still and hard to unwind in the evening
Yeah, I guess some of us have a big imbalance in whatever triggers this kind of behaviour. I think the rest of us are just bored. :laughing6

Old 01-02-2007, 05:16 PM   #35
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Hopefully the boy will grow out of his adhd.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:30 PM   #36
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Hopefully the boy will grow out of his adhd.
Run him around the block a few times before you settle in for the evening. Wonder if that would help?

Old 01-02-2007, 05:36 PM   #37
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Run him around the block a few times before you settle in for the evening. Wonder if that would help?
he'll do it. Problem is he is like that all day long. He is so worn out at bed time(8pm) he often falls to such a deep sleep he wets the bed. When the adhd is under control he doesn't wear himself to exhaustion and there is no bed wetting problem.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:03 PM   #38
loewer600
G-MAN

Bike(s):
'05 CBR600RR SOLD

Get a second opinion for sure...Doctors are full of ....Most of em want your money but you may find a good one...But first step is a second opinion..
loewer600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 06:15 PM   #39
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by loewer600
Get a second opinion for sure...Doctors are full of ....Most of em want your money but you may find a good one...But first step is a second opinion..

Believe me meds for the boy was a last resort. All attempts were made before we went there.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:07 AM   #40
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
he'll do it. Problem is he is like that all day long. He is so worn out at bed time(8pm) he often falls to such a deep sleep he wets the bed. When the adhd is under control he doesn't wear himself to exhaustion and there is no bed wetting problem.
Well, I don't wet the bed to often anymore but, I still have to wear myself out on a regular basis or I will go non stop all night long doing around the house. If I time things right it works out well. Like when the house needs to be cleaned. :laughing6

Advertisement