MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2012, 03:00 PM   #181
urbanXJ
erect engorged member
 
urbanXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 16,511

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Versys









Quote:
Originally Posted by jwreck View Post
Wow, I only THOUGHT this site was populated by morons before. Nice of ya'll to confirm it for me.
you have only been around here for a month, give it a year
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
"... I say the govt puts something in the water that sterilizes all women..."
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sweet end to a stolen bike story-stolen in 1967 grsa General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 11-05-2013 11:09 PM
stolen motorcycles found PimpRice General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 02-28-2013 03:03 PM
Stolen bike found over by Gulfgate Dodge UNKNOWN_DJ General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 10-04-2011 01:27 PM
FOUND AN SV MAYBE STOLEN!?!?!?! Nightster Ridester Stolen Bike Reports 45 09-21-2010 10:56 AM
.COM WE FOUND YOUR STOLEN VESPA ajbmwr1100s Off Topic 12 10-19-2005 01:39 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #182
bluewave18
Safety Third
 
bluewave18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S.E.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 34,098

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50








or a few years. It gets fun in time
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:37 PM   #183
Daft Punk
HarderBetterFasterStonger
 
Daft Punk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 521

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'14 Ninja 650









Ive acquired a 5 kill streak. I can offer a predator drone missile strike after you guys complete the extraction.
Daft Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:39 PM   #184
bluewave18
Safety Third
 
bluewave18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S.E.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 34,098

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50








Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Punk View Post
Ive acquired a 5 kill streak. I can offer a predator drone missile strike after you guys complete the extraction.
That's WTF I'm talkin bout
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #185
CCH
Innocent Bystander
 
CCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NW Burbs
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 1,520

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2000 Ducati 996
1991 Suzuki RGV250m two-smoke bicycle on crack
1999 R6 sold to a dip$h!t
1995 Ducati 900SP gone, more or less
1999 Ducati 996 died a glorious death in North GA, Feb 2006

Member Garage


..
__________________
picturephp?albumid112&amppictureid2276
That which did not kill me has only made me a lot more stiff and sore the rest of the time.
CCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:08 PM   #186
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father
 
C.Hern5972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pearland Tx
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 14,729

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
1) urban
2) TheVirus
3) Fastola
4) j_e_hurst
5) easyriderZX10r
6) Bevo (Moral support)
7)
8) Neon Samurai (I have a CHL and will bring fire power)

Keep my off the list please. None of this should be posted here. I don't even add my name to ride lists. That's all evidence in the event hits the fan.


so true
__________________
chern

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
C.Hern5972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:10 PM   #187
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,547

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





lemme ask this, hopefully someone will have an answer. when one goes to repo a car, you can call the police and they will go over and make sure the repo goes well if you desire. how is this much different? can't you just call the police and say you want a cop to escort you to retrieve your bike?
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:13 PM   #188
Thayleal
GingerBrawp CMRA #369
 
Thayleal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Houston ;Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,651

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2006 SV650s (Sold)
2003 SV650s (sold)
08 Ninja250 BRAWP bike (For Sale)
08 Ninja250 Racebike(Sold)
2007 SV650S(Streetbike)






Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
lemme ask this, hopefully someone will have an answer. when one goes to repo a car, you can call the police and they will go over and make sure the repo goes well if you desire. how is this much different? can't you just call the police and say you want a cop to escort you to retrieve your bike?
I think the police can show but they can't stop the people shooting you in Texas. They are just a deterrent for people who don't really wanna push their luck. During a repo... the person can shoot you within their legal rights until you are off of their property... at least in Texas...
__________________
Trey zps3a9a06e5
If I can't eat it, race it or sleep with it then whats the point?

Motorcycles are like women... once you ride one... you wanna ride em all.
Thayleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:15 PM   #189
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,547

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Thayleal View Post
I think the police can show but they can't stop the people shooting you in Texas. They are just a deterrent for people who don't really wanna push their luck. During a repo... the person can shoot you within their legal rights until you are off of their property... at least in Texas...
no, that isn't correct. no one can shoot you just for the of it just cause you are on their property. at night that gets more true, but during daytime, no one can just open fire unless they feel their life is in danger. if a cop is there, self defense would fly right out the window. plus if the property isn't theirs, they cannot claim they were defending personal property.
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:18 PM   #190
C.Hern5972
Street Ninja Four Father
 
C.Hern5972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pearland Tx
Feedback Rating: (5)
Posts: 14,729

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
96 ZX7R 37k miles and still strong
2007 HD Softail
2002 Springer Classic
2007 GSXR600

Member Garage


this thread is fll of win


Click image for larger version

Name:	31345-find_offensive_people_use_word_retarded_discribre_something_lame_stupid.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	55920
__________________
chern

Chris H
"I dont follow rules to well"
C.Hern5972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #191
CCH
Innocent Bystander
 
CCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NW Burbs
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 1,520

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2000 Ducati 996
1991 Suzuki RGV250m two-smoke bicycle on crack
1999 R6 sold to a dip$h!t
1995 Ducati 900SP gone, more or less
1999 Ducati 996 died a glorious death in North GA, Feb 2006

Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
lemme ask this, hopefully someone will have an answer. when one goes to repo a car, you can call the police and they will go over and make sure the repo goes well if you desire. how is this much different? can't you just call the police and say you want a cop to escort you to retrieve your bike?
Possibly, but unfortunately in this case it hasn't been proven that it's his bike. On a repo, it's a proven fact who the debtor of record is that has the car and it's a legally sanctioned activity, not a vigilante mission. For the record, I'm not disputing that this is his bike and I hate that it happened to him in the first place. I believe that based on what the OP said, the bike has distinguishing features that he recognized in the pictures that the douchenozzle sent to him. Still, it's not legally and conclusively proven at this point. If it requires breaking and entering, treaspassing and possible use of force to get to the bike, it won't matter if it's his or not. The involved parties will still have broken the law in the retrieval attempt.

Call the A-Team?

For all of the CHL holders that are itching to accompany this safari, you may want to remember some of your CHL class info in regard to it not being a license to go looking for trouble. If you thought the Zimmerman case was interesting, just wait until an organized mob goes hunting for a suspected stolen bike and gets into an armed confrontation that leads to a death or two. Another press field day against the right to carry. But I digress...
__________________
picturephp?albumid112&amppictureid2276
That which did not kill me has only made me a lot more stiff and sore the rest of the time.
CCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:24 PM   #192
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,547

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by CCH View Post
Possibly, but unfortunately in this case it hasn't been proven that it's his bike. On a repo, it's a proven fact who the debtor of record is that has the car and it's a legally sanctioned activity, not a vigilante mission. For the record, I'm not disputing that this is his bike and I hate that it happened to him in the first place. I believe that based on what the OP said, the bike has distinguishing features that he recognized in the pictures that the douchenozzle sent to him. Still, it's not legally and conclusively proven at this point. If it requires breaking and entering, treaspassing and possible use of force to get to the bike, it won't matter if it's his or not. The involved parties will still have broken the law in the retrieval attempt.

Call the A-Team?

For all of the CHL holders that are itching to accompany this safari, you may want to remember some of your CHL class info in regard to it not being a license to go looking for trouble. If you thought the Zimmerman case was interesting, just wait until an organized mob goes hunting for a suspected stolen bike and gets into an armed confrontation that leads to a death or two. Another press field day against the right to carry. But I digress...

ok, that all makes sense. thanks for addressing that. I knew I liked you for a reason hows that shot gun?
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:27 PM   #193
haythamboi600
Engineer.
 
haythamboi600's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 593

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
04 Gsxr-600 (sold)
07 cbr-RR 600 (sold)
07 R6 (sold)
09 R1






nobody is going to blow up and thank you for your advices, if you just jumped in. Read through so you don't sound like a moron.
haythamboi600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:33 PM   #194
CCH
Innocent Bystander
 
CCH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NW Burbs
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 1,520

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2000 Ducati 996
1991 Suzuki RGV250m two-smoke bicycle on crack
1999 R6 sold to a dip$h!t
1995 Ducati 900SP gone, more or less
1999 Ducati 996 died a glorious death in North GA, Feb 2006

Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by haythamboi600 View Post
nobody is going to blow up and thank you for your advices, if you just jumped in. Read through so you don't sound like a moron.
I really hope you're not addressing my post. I arrived at my opinions BECAUSE I've read through the whole thing. There's some real mall ninja popping up in the last couple of pages

And I do feel for you on this one. I hope whoever the maggot is that stole your bike gets what's coming to them and wish you luck with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575 View Post
ok, that all makes sense. thanks for addressing that. I knew I liked you for a reason hows that shot gun?
It's working QUITE nicely Louis and is sporting a Blackhawk recoil reducing telescoping stock on it these days. Fun gun. Thanks.
__________________
picturephp?albumid112&amppictureid2276
That which did not kill me has only made me a lot more stiff and sore the rest of the time.

Last edited by CCH; 05-02-2012 at 04:35 PM.
CCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:35 PM   #195
bluewave18
Safety Third
 
bluewave18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S.E.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 34,098

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50








Quote:
Originally Posted by CCH View Post
I really hope you're not addressing my post. I arrived at my opinions BECAUSE I've read through the whole thing. There's some real mall ninja popping up in the last couple of pages

And I do feel for you on this one. I hope whoever the maggot is that stole your bike gets what's coming to them and wish you luck with it.
I too hoped he was not talking to you
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #196
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug
 
witchdoctor575's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Alvin
Feedback Rating: (11)
Posts: 23,547

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by CCH View Post



It's working QUITE nicely Louis and is sporting a Blackhawk recoil reducing telescoping stock on it these days. Fun gun. Thanks.

nice!
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #197
haythamboi600
Engineer.
 
haythamboi600's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 593

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
04 Gsxr-600 (sold)
07 cbr-RR 600 (sold)
07 R6 (sold)
09 R1






Quote:
Originally Posted by CCH View Post
I really hope you're not addressing my post. I arrived at my opinions BECAUSE I've read through the whole thing. There's some real mall ninja popping up in the last couple of pages

And I do feel for you on this one. I hope whoever the maggot is that stole your bike gets what's coming to them and wish you luck with it.

Not me, nor anybody who will accompany me is going to be a mall ninja or a bad . We are just civil guys who will try to make my bike

And if you are willing to help, please know that our plan is not to BLOW UP but just to help me tow the car back home incase.
haythamboi600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #198
bluewave18
Safety Third
 
bluewave18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: S.E.
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 34,098

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50








GL
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:42 PM   #199
haythamboi600
Engineer.
 
haythamboi600's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 593

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
04 Gsxr-600 (sold)
07 cbr-RR 600 (sold)
07 R6 (sold)
09 R1






Quote:
Originally Posted by CCH View Post
I really hope you're not addressing my post. I arrived at my opinions BECAUSE I've read through the whole thing. There's some real mall ninja popping up in the last couple of pages

And I do feel for you on this one. I hope whoever the maggot is that stole your bike gets what's coming to them and wish you luck with it.



It's working QUITE nicely Louis and is sporting a Blackhawk recoil reducing telescoping stock on it these days. Fun gun. Thanks.
I regret putting that on my moss berg. Still think its a waste of money! but it looks good lol
haythamboi600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #200
YoungGun
Senior Member
 
YoungGun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 262


Bike(s):
2004 R6









Take your bike and leave it at somebody elses place for a while. Thief's steal from other thief's. He won't know it was you unless yall throw down or someone actually sees you. Good chance he won't even come back for it. He stole a bike, then it gets stolen from him. He now knows that someone is aware of his theft and will probably try to lay low rather than stir up a whole big mess and end up back in jail.


I would bring a gun though. This is Tx, goes down.
YoungGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 AM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy