MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2006, 07:14 PM   #1
andre3k
I see dead people...

Feedback Rating: (1)

Ed Bargy Racing School

Is coming to No Problem Raceway in April 2007. I plan on taking it in addition my Keith Code School in March. I've heard good reviews about it and most like it better than Keith Code, although they serve two different type of riders. Just thought I'd post since none of the schools seem to make it south very often.

www.edbargyracingschool.com

Can you get your CMRA license from attending this school? I know that you still have to submit your application and pay a fee, but does this cover the riding portion? I believe that this is one on WERA's approved race schools.

Last edited by andre3k; 12-29-2006 at 07:17 PM.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Longhorn M.S. Racing School ROLL CALL Whoop Taking it to the Track 9 06-27-2008 10:46 PM
Ed Bargy Racing School - Quick Review andre3k Taking it to the Track 13 04-05-2007 07:53 PM
Old School Motorcycle Racing in Argentina t.dubya General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 10-02-2006 07:21 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-29-2006, 07:27 PM   #2
ysr612

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Transalp, DRZ, Hurricane

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k
Is coming to No Problem Raceway in April 2007. I plan on taking it in addition my Keith Code School in March. I've heard good reviews about it and most like it better than Keith Code, although they serve two different type of riders. Just thought I'd post since none of the schools seem to make it south very often.

www.edbargyracingschool.com

Can you get your CMRA license from attending this school? I know that you still have to submit your application and pay a fee, but does this cover the riding portion? I believe that this is one on WERA's approved race schools.

you can get the wera lic and then race with them. with a wera lic you can just request a cmra lic.

I have heard nothing but good things about Ed Bargy's school.
ysr612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 07:06 PM   #3
dankston
Mafia.com Motorsports

Bike(s):
(2) 2007 Yamaha R6's, 2001 Suzuki GSXR 750, 2005 Yamaha Zuma

Member Garage

First off you will LOVE the Ed Bargy school. He is a great guy and really down to earth.. Secondly.. Here are the exact words of the CMRA rule book page 5 section 1.4

1.4 New Racer Requirements
In order to obtain a CMRA Provisional Novice license, a rider must pass the CMRA Rider School, present their original school graduation certificate and purchase a CMRA license.
A rider who has participated in the following accepted alternatives to the CMRA Rider School will be issued a Provisional Novice license after they present their original school graduation certificate, pass a written exam and purchase a CMRA license: California Superbike, CLASS, Ed Bargy’s Rider School, Fasttrax Performance Riding School, Freddie Spencer, Kevin Schwantz Suzuki School, Penguin School, STAR School and the Team Hammer Advanced Riding School. The length of time between taking the Rider School and completing the two race weekend requirement must not exceed twelve (12) months.
http://mafia.com

txyama
http://texas-yamaha.com

Risk more than others think is safe.
Care more than others think is wise.
Dream more than others think is practical.
Expect more than others think is possible.

Last edited by dankston; 12-30-2006 at 07:14 PM.
dankston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 02:20 PM   #4
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Andre,
You have the scoop on how the pricing works? Do we just pay for the school or have to pay for a track day and the school?

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 08:17 PM   #5
NOsquid

Just the school.
NOsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 04:04 AM   #6
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOsquid
Just the school.
+1
Old 01-02-2007, 11:52 AM   #7
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

That sounds like a great deal!

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:49 PM   #8
CobraCBR

Bike(s):
'05 Honda CBR 600 RR

The date at No Problem is in conflict with CMRA at Texas World Speedway!!! Just wanted to point that out, it would have been nice if he could have been there, the weekend before CMRA visits No Problem.
CobraCBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 01:05 AM   #9
andre3k
I see dead people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCBR
The date at No Problem is in conflict with CMRA at Texas World Speedway!!! Just wanted to point that out, it would have been nice if he could have been there, the weekend before CMRA visits No Problem.
I guess they saw this and updated the class date. The school is on April 1, 2007 now.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:01 PM   #10
andre3k
I see dead people...

Ok, I put down my deposit. Its April 1st at No Problem Raceway in LA. If anyone else from MH is going maybe would could caravan there together. I'll the leaving that Saturday afternoon.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:48 PM   #11
fly_737

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 r6

are you flying out to L A