Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2012, 09:58 PM   #1
kevintx88
too slow too furious

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
05 gsxr600 20th anniversary edition

Smile some things make you feel good

Today I rode up to my buddy's job and as I'm getting off my bike a father and his two kids come up to me and ask if they can sit on the bike and take a few pictures. I agreed and boy did those kids have the biggest smiles. They were probably 7 and 5 years old. Man it felt good to see that
kevintx88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When things feel right-your bikes sweet spot grsa General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 12-18-2012 09:38 AM
NASA's job under PBO's admin is to make the Muslim world feel good urbanXJ The Circus 28 07-08-2010 01:08 PM
well if this dont make you feel old (walkman) OMEGA Off Topic 22 07-01-2009 11:38 PM
Feeling stupid? This will make you feel better. maskale General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 08-10-2007 03:06 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-30-2012, 10:01 PM   #2
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

When I had my bike and I'd ride next to a school bus, all the kids used to crown around the windows and wave. Or when I'd pass by where kids were playing, they'd sometimes stop what they were doing and point and wave.

No one ever asked to take pics on the bike though. Definitely would have let them!
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:02 PM   #3
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Doesn't Prodigy have a vid where he's stunting in front of some kids at a playground?

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:45 AM   #4
rtrwing_biker

Bike(s):
'11 blk ZedX 10r
'08 blk ZX10.....traded in

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevintx88 View Post
Today I rode up to my buddy's job and as I'm getting off my bike a father and his two kids come up to me and ask if they can sit on the bike and take a few pictures. I agreed and boy did those kids have the biggest smiles. They were probably 7 and 5 years old. Man it felt good to see that
Yeah, i got the same feeling when i was getting fuel last week in the evening. 8-10 yr old boy had the biggest look of curiosity as he checked out my bike from other side of gas pump while his mom got fuel. Gave him thumbs up and twisted the throttle for him a couple times parked and on takeoff..
rtrwing_biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:49 AM   #5
Ryuu0u

Bike(s):
'15 Ducati Scrambler
'08 GSXR 600 Sold

Getting a "thumbs up" from kids in my neighborhood and at stop lights is pretty awesome. Don't know why but just kinda gets you pumped to ride.
Ryuu0u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:17 PM   #6
little6

Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
k6 600 gixxer (now a Theif owns it)
2011 gsxr 600
1976 cb360
250 track bike

I never get the same poits and smiles when im in the ford focus. NOW people point and smile. But I dont think its the same. hahah
little6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:24 PM   #7
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

i get that more when i am on the harley....
I have had young ladies ask to have their pics taken on the bike...
one pulled her top off and handed me her camera and asked me to take the pic, she wanted to send it to her husband who was in prision... i took the pic, but made sure it was from and angle where the license plate would not show.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:26 PM   #8
YoungGun

Bike(s):
2004 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
i get that more when i am on the harley....
I have had young ladies ask to have their pics taken on the bike...
one pulled her top off and handed me her camera and asked me to take the pic, she wanted to send it to her husband who was in prision... i took the pic, but made sure it was from and angle where the license plate would not show.
Shoulda got that dirty legs number, tell her to come ride your bike anytime.

AmIRite or Amirite?
YoungGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #9
Schmidie
d(^v^)b

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Kawi ZX6R (Hybernating)

Member Garage

Going underpass makes me feel good and yes kids pointing fingers at ur ride =]
Old 05-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #10
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
We're the urban cowboys on our steeds

...as little these actions are, puts a positive focus on the lifestyle of riding
Old 05-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #11
Reduxalicious
OR IS IT?!

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2006 BMW K1200R
2016 BMW R1200R

My neighbors kid who's maybe 3 or 4 comes running to the window every time I or anyone else in my house start their bike, the look on his face is priceless.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:54 PM   #12
chingpo05

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
05 r6

had a kiddo wave at me today after stretching out of his car seat to see me on the bike. waved back and kid went nuts... feel good achieved
chingpo05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:08 PM   #13
dabus63
Senőr Member

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 GSXR 1000
04 R1 (sold)
04 R6 (stolen)
99 GSXR 750 (sold)
1990 YSR 50 (in storage)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingpo05 View Post
had a kiddo wave at me today after stretching out of his car seat to see me on the bike. waved back and kid went nuts... feel good achieved

^^^+1 yupp, yupp!!

I do notice tho' that kids waving at me when I'm on my bike tends to make my front tire a whole lot lighter?!?!?

the only easy day was yesterday
dabus63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:41 PM   #14
91stunna
Naked Ninja...sort of.

Bike(s):
2005 Z750S
2007 EX250

I have kids wave at me from the back seat and then the parents always the have the sternest most unimpressed faces....so I give the kids a thumbs up then click it down and take off.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:00 AM   #15
loosenoose
veteran novice

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

best feeling while riding i ever got was coming out of a long day of jury duty, i got back on my bike and began riding back to work. it was a hot and sunny day and then it started raining. the rain felt so good and i felt very invigorated. not long after my gas light began flashing. i pulled over, called my boss and told him that i was sorry i would be unable to make it back in to work. my bike needed gas and i was broke. i turned my happy around and got some more nice rain as i rode home.

another strong memory was the day i just went loose on north 149 on my sv650. i usually ride maybe around 75ish if im having a nice ride out there. kinda fast but not OMG CALL THE COPS. on this day i was out chasing whoever. i stopped off at that flamingo lakes road for a breather and saw cali on his busa and a few others fly past (cali's busa was very ... unique... and easy to spot) so i was chasing them for a little while. my 650 put up an admirable fight, but , its a 650 in the company of a busa and a couple of liter bikes. my helmet was shaking pretty nicely, and that made my glasses shake, too. i looked at the speedo and it indicated somewhere around 130. i remembered i had just had my 2nd kid and he needed a dad so i coasted down to 70ish. an older couple on a bmw sport tourer soon passed me. i followed them for a while, and in a long left sweeper, i fixated on their rear tire and didnt turn enough. i ran out of pavement and let my bike fly out from under me. i know now that i could have rolled off or on and leaned in a little more to save my bacon, but i didnt know this back then. i tumbled a good while and came to rest at the trunk of a fallen tree. ike had knocked down this tree, and my bike was in it's branches on the ground about 70 feet away. this was where the magic moment started- or maybe it was while i was tumbling- i stood up, head in a fog, felt myself up, nothing was broken, no blood. everything seemed to work. i walked over to my sv and joined the quickly gathering crowd. i looked at my tires and they were steaming like a pan just removed from the stove and put under water. i havent ever done a track day. i have had/seen hot tires, but never tires that were steaming. this was magic. those werent my tires. the was cool.
the crowd helped me pull the bike out of the mud and sticks and it started right back up ( i love that sv ) i had to bend the shifter a little, but everything was ok. the bars had rotated a little, my ugly paint was smudged a little, 1 cheap turn signal was broken. was good. i texted my parents, who were at church, that i had just had a bike wreck, but was fine, and about to ride home. i enjoied the rest of my day with family, and was really sore the next few days. i learned to ride my own ride, and stuff was good.
loosenoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:03 AM   #16
dabus63
Senőr Member

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 GSXR 1000
04 R1 (sold)
04 R6 (stolen)
99 GSXR 750 (sold)
1990 YSR 50 (in storage)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosenoose View Post
best feeling while riding i ever got was coming out of a long day of jury duty, i got back on my bike and began riding back to work. it was a hot and sunny day and then it started raining. the rain felt so good and i felt very invigorated. not long after my gas light began flashing. i pulled over, called my boss and told him that i was sorry i would be unable to make it back in to work. my bike needed gas and i was broke. i turned my happy around and got some more nice rain as i rode home.

another strong memory was the day i just went loose on north 149 on my sv650. i usually ride maybe around 75ish if im having a nice ride out there. kinda fast but not OMG CALL THE COPS. on this day i was out chasing whoever. i stopped off at that flamingo lakes road for a breather and saw cali on his busa and a few others fly past (cali's busa was very ... unique... and easy to spot) so i was chasing them for a little while. my 650 put up an admirable fight, but , its a 650 in the company of a busa and a couple of liter bikes. my helmet was shaking pretty nicely, and that made my glasses shake, too. i looked at the speedo and it indicated somewhere around 130. i remembered i had just had my 2nd kid and he needed a dad so i coasted down to 70ish. an older couple on a bmw sport tourer soon passed me. i followed them for a while, and in a long left sweeper, i fixated on their rear tire and didnt turn enough. i ran out of pavement and let my bike fly out from under me. i know now that i could have rolled off or on and leaned in a little more to save my bacon, but i didnt know this back then. i tumbled a good while and came to rest at the trunk of a fallen tree. ike had knocked down this tree, and my bike was in it's branches on the ground about 70 feet away. this was where the magic moment started- or maybe it was while i was tumbling- i stood up, head in a fog, felt myself up, nothing was broken, no blood. everything seemed to work. i walked over to my sv and joined the quickly gathering crowd. i looked at my tires and they were steaming like a pan just removed from the stove and put under water. i havent ever done a track day. i have had/seen hot tires, but never tires that were steaming. this was magic. those werent my tires. the was cool.
the crowd helped me pull the bike out of the mud and sticks and it started right back up ( i love that sv ) i had to bend the shifter a little, but everything was ok. the bars had rotated a little, my ugly paint was smudged a little, 1 cheap turn signal was broken. was good. i texted my parents, who were at church, that i had just had a bike wreck, but was fine, and about to ride home. i enjoied the rest of my day with family, and was really sore the next few days. i learned to ride my own ride, and stuff was good.

NOW dassa COOL story!!!!!

the only easy day was yesterday
dabus63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:04 AM   #17
Speedfreak
Bleed Green

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
'07 Yamaha R6
'05 Kawi ZX10 (RIP)
'05 Kawi ZX10 the current mistress

I have a fresh memory made every time I start up my bike and my 5 month old son grins from ear to ear and gets so happy when I give it some throttle. Definitely the best feeling in the world!
Old 05-02-2012, 07:25 AM   #18
lucydad

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2007 Kawasaki EX 500
1971 Honda 175 Scrambler
1967 Honda Mini Trail 50
1966 Honda Super 90

Smile and wave are good for community relations..
lucydad is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement