MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2006, 11:53 AM   #1
AliceInChains02

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

wtf is that?

if people want to discuss something, who are the mods to come in and shut them down? if no one wants to talk about it, the thread will die. Moody, you criticize the government for trying to control aspects of our lives that they have no business in, but then close threads because you find them disagreeable? Maybe you guys should draw out what exactly is allowed to be discussed on here and for how long so we will know and there will be no more confusion. Is it okay to discuss racism? How many pages until it's unacceptable? How many people have to overreact to a topic before it's pulled?
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wtf..... Blitz General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 02-26-2010 02:31 PM
WTF chum600 Off Topic 3 02-15-2010 12:19 AM
WTF is going on?!?!?! Crystalline Forum Updates & Feedback 38 08-20-2007 01:50 PM
WTF is this???? andre3k Off Topic 80 12-29-2006 11:03 AM
Advertisement
Old 12-29-2006, 11:54 AM   #2
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(

In before the lock......

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:57 AM   #3
BrutusTx

Member Garage

IMHO............it seems like the same people bring up the same everytime. That would APPEAR to be more a case of starting BS then discussing anything?
Hopefully they will just lock it/delete it as soon as they see it from now on.

Last edited by BrutusTx; 12-29-2006 at 11:59 AM.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:58 AM   #4
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

the other one was getting alittle out of line. i understand why he locked it. and i dropped my .02 about that subject in the other thread. but to sum it up...

you call me whatever you want, if i know you arent racist, i will laugh with you and call you whatever i want. but if you are racist then we have issues. and like i have said a bagillion times. its all in the context.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:58 AM   #5
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

sorry, i'm just really argumentative and if we don't have a dramatic thread on here i feel lost
Old 12-29-2006, 12:09 PM   #6
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
sorry, i'm just really argumentative and if we don't have a dramatic thread on here i feel lost

there will be no Drama on motohouston. it's been pointed out numerous times. when a thread creates drama, thats when it gets locked/deleted. Very simple.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 12:19 PM   #7
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

First, sensible conversation on any topic will be tolerated. Racist comments and personal attacks will not be. This site is about motorcycles for those who ride or want to participate in the motorcycle community. Anything else is subject to being closed or deleted at the moderator’s discretion.

Second, Goverment and free enterprise are two seperate entities. Giving up your rights to the goverment will leave you with no choices but, currently you still have the choice to participate with this forum and have open discussions about motorcycles.

Third, please do not confuse my personal opinions with the duties associated with the role I have accepted on this forum. Again, sensible conversation about topics will be tolerated but when "off topics" create tension and conflict with our main topic which is about motorcyles, it will be moderated.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 12:19 PM   #8
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

the thread in question seemed fairly mild to me, or at least had simmered down, which is why i don't understand it's closing. if it was to be closed at any time, it should've been in the heat of it, not after it had settled down. it seems to me like people were more or less just tired of seeing the thread. and even though it's origin may have been a little "dramatic" i thought it had taken a turn for the better which is why i was perplexed at it's being locked.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:24 PM   #9
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody
First, sensible conversation on any topic will be tolerated. Racist comments and personal attacks will not be. This site is about motorcycles for those who ride or want to participate in the motorcycle community. Anything else is subject to being closed or deleted at the moderatorís discretion.
I wasn't aware that it was open season on all off-topic threads. I realize this is a motorcycle forum, but like most forums a sense of community develops and other interests come into the picture.

Quote:
Third, please do not confuse my personal opinions with the duties associated with the role I have accepted on this forum. Again, sensible conversation about topics will be tolerated but when "off topics" create tension and conflict with our main topic which is about motorcyles, it will be moderated.
So you accepted duties that go against your personal opinions? Not that it matters, but I was confused by it. If you believe in the principle of freedom from the overbearing empowered, I don't see why that shouldn't apply here.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:27 PM   #10
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

we must be civilized in our conversations here, as clayton said, somethings can easily be taken out of context and create the drama that is not welcomed.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:29 PM   #11
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
I wasn't aware that it was open season on all off-topic threads. I realize this is a motorcycle forum, but like most forums a sense of community develops and other interests come into the picture.

So you accepted duties that go against your personal opinions? Not that it matters, but I was confused by it. If you believe in the principle of freedom from the overbearing empowered, I don't see why that shouldn't apply here.

i don't believe i've ever seen any posts made by you pertaining to motorcycles or any of your personal experiences on them! please correct me if im wrong but i just can't remember seeing any thing about it from you.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:39 PM   #12
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR1
i don't believe i've ever seen any posts made by you pertaining to motorcycles or any of your personal experiences on them! please correct me if im wrong but i just can't remember seeing any thing about it from you.
I'll admit it's been a while since I've made a thread/post regarding motorcycles, but you could say the same thing for a LOT of people on here. I read the motorcycle threads, but to be honest some of the finer points of riding don't interest me. I like to ride, I really enjoy it, but I don't care about tail extensions, polished frames, folding license plates, etc. If it's a real general motorcycle question then maybe i'll have some input, but I'm not very knowledgable in regards to most of the topics, so I tend to read more than anything. Plus my bike's been down for a while so I haven't been riding.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:41 PM   #13
scrapp
I need earplugs.

Send a message via AIM to scrapp
******S![/dave chappelle]
scrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 12:41 PM   #14
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:

Man you are really confused. Seriously, you need to take a moment and reflect on your words. Possibly a little meditating or something could help clear the smoke. Your birth rights as an American and the empowered bodies that choose to regulate them is a far different situation then threads being moderated on a motorcycle forum that chooses to uphold a certain charisma.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 12:45 PM   #15
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
I'll admit it's been a while since I've made a thread/post regarding motorcycles, but you could say the same thing for a LOT of people on here. I read the motorcycle threads, but to be honest some of the finer points of riding don't interest me. I like to ride, I really enjoy it, but I don't care about tail extensions, polished frames, folding license plates, etc. If it's a real general motorcycle question than maybe i'll have some input, but I'm not very knowledgable in regards to most of the topics, so I tend to read more than anything. Plus my bike's been down for a while so I haven't been riding.
since it's down, thats what the forum is about. Help from others, thats what we are here for. Other topics is not the problem, its the content of some of them that bothers me.

We all have to realise that this forum is viewed not only by outsiders of the community but SPONSORS as well, that helps the site keep its feet under it, without sponsors we won't last long on one persons weekly paycheck that has to feed a family. If racers don't have sponsors they can't race. Some topics just aren't appropriate, therefore requires moderation.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:45 PM   #16
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

blah blah blah....I'm ghey....blah blah blah.......this makes no sense at all....

Just let this topic of discussion go already........

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
Old 12-29-2006, 12:48 PM   #17
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del
blah blah blah....I'm ghey....blah blah blah.......this makes no sense at all....

Just let this topic of discussion go already........

blah blah blah just go ride your fiddy and be ghey. :laughing6
Old 12-29-2006, 12:51 PM   #18
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Bike(s):

oh stop.......

Old 12-29-2006, 12:56 PM   #19
AliceInChains02

Bike(s):
nada

okay, i'm done
Old 12-29-2006, 01:34 PM   #20
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

I back what the mods do 100%...if they do something that I disagree with, Ill either ask them to reverse it or Ill do it myself..