MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'prila

Thumbs up Go Cal Go SPOILER maybe

we just may have a new alien

factory Yamaha seat 2013??
on current results and performances, absolutely,
BS needs to up his game big time
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SPOILER MotoGP Qatar SPOILER Grinchy Taking it to the Track 19 04-18-2010 06:43 AM
****SPOILER**** MotoGP QP ****SPOILER**** bdubb Taking it to the Track 17 07-20-2008 06:40 PM
.50 cal handgun A303 Off Topic 39 11-16-2006 12:28 AM
Walther P99 (.40 Cal/Mil) v. Glock 22 (.40 Cal) CaJuNsOuLjA Off Topic 31 09-21-2006 02:46 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-29-2012, 04:02 PM   #2
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Ahead of Dovi and that is what really matters. Almost piped a stair this morning. Got o give it to Tech trois getting their act together
Old 04-29-2012, 04:25 PM   #3
ileono918
On hiatus

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

BS move on Nicky on the second lap, though.

I agree, Ben needs to step his game up.
ileono918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #4
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Ben is going to be racing rukuses through the pits if he doesn't get it together. No excuses this round.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:54 PM   #5
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
Ben is going to be racing rukuses through the pits if he doesn't get it together. No excuses this round.
what the is going on with him

i really thought he'd be right up there on the bigger 1000
Old 04-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #6
handozizle

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2008 Ducati 848
2004 GSXR 600-Sold

Send a message via AIM to handozizle
I was thinking of the same thing as i was watching the race yesterday. Cal has stepped his game up this season.

I'm not sure what's going on with BS because i thought for sure the 1000cc will help taller riders like him.
handozizle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:14 PM   #7
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by handozizle View Post
I was thinking of the same thing as i was watching the race yesterday. Cal has stepped his game up this season.

I'm not sure what's going on with BS because i thought for sure the 1000cc will help taller riders like him.
doohan on the "screamer", no traction control and no rider aids
Old 04-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #8
Tumper
Hullo

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2004 Speed Triple SE
01 KLR650,
93 Dyna Wide Glide
11 BMW F800GS
Cannondale F-4...

On Ben:I wonder if a crew cheif change is in order... I know Tom has been with him a long time but MOTOGP is a whole different ball game... Seems to be a lot of "set up" issues. Just a thought...
Old 04-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #9
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumper View Post
On Ben:I wonder if a crew cheif change is in order... I know Tom has been with him a long time but MOTOGP is a whole different ball game... Seems to be a lot of "set up" issues. Just a thought...
seemed to pretty much have it nailed last year
Old 04-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #10
Tumper
Hullo

Bike(s):
2004 Speed Triple SE
01 KLR650,
93 Dyna Wide Glide
11 BMW F800GS
Cannondale F-4...

Not to mention Ben spent the last 4 to 5 minutes of Qualifying in the pits... I am just beginning to wonder if House is out of his depth in that paddock...
Old 04-30-2012, 03:37 PM   #11
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

the clips i saw of him in the race reminded me of rossi = tentative
Old 05-02-2012, 09:58 PM   #12
kenup283

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

The BBC coverage did a piece on Cal trying to catch a mouse just before Qualifying that's been in his motorhome eating his food and keeping him up at night... They showed some of the traps he set for it...Chasing that mouse must have brought out his killer instinct...

As for Ben, its a bit premature to be falling into despair, its a long season and the first few races were not his strongest last year either. I agree it takes on a differnt flavor when your teamate is leading the championship, but that won't last either, look for Ben to get it sorted after after Lemans.

About the crew chief, in my biased oppinon, I think it is the opposite. There's nothing magical about a MotoGP bike, so I don't think someone with that kind of expreince is out of their league over there. I actually think more that the Massimo guy seems a bit of questionable value. His SBK team did'nt fully have their act together unitl Ben brought over some trusted mechanics and people from here, and after last year at Leman race where a clamp somehow got left on a brake line vent...kinda reminded me of the issues that made Ben bring over those people before. I belive this guy's riding Ben's success and he'll thow him under the buss when the time is right. The season is long and it will come around, just a couple more races to get through without getting lynched.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:49 AM   #13
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenup283 View Post
The BBC coverage did a piece on Cal trying to catch a mouse just before Qualifying that's been in his motorhome eating his food and keeping him up at night... They showed some of the traps he set for it...Chasing that mouse must have brought out his killer instinct...

As for Ben, its a bit premature to be falling into despair, its a long season and the first few races were not his strongest last year either. I agree it takes on a differnt flavor when your teamate is leading the championship, but that won't last either, look for Ben to get it sorted after after Lemans.

About the crew chief, in my biased oppinon, I think it is the opposite. There's nothing magical about a MotoGP bike, so I don't think someone with that kind of expreince is out of their league over there. I actually think more that the Massimo guy seems a bit of questionable value. His SBK team did'nt fully have their act together unitl Ben brought over some trusted mechanics and people from here, and after last year at Leman race where a clamp somehow got left on a brake line vent...kinda reminded me of the issues that made Ben bring over those people before. I belive this guy's riding Ben's success and he'll thow him under the buss when the time is right. The season is long and it will come around, just a couple more races to get through without getting lynched.
I would respectively disagree in the case of Ducati
To approx quote Rossi, "all the tricks we learned in 30 years of making bikes go fast dont work with the Ducati"!!!!
In other words when a man like Burgess who has engineered for Mamola, Haslam, Spencer, Gardner, Doohan and Rossi (all legends in their own right) cant make the difference then yes, there is something quite magical
Old 05-03-2012, 09:19 AM   #14
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

rossi sucks!

oh wait wrong thread
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
rob78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:40 AM   #15
chase
LOCTITE

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6

From what I read in an interview with Ben, it's a big lack of front end feel in his bike so he isn't comfortable pushing it. He said the other 3 M1's of Jlo, Crutchlow, and Dovi are set up almost identical in the front, but his bike has a drastically different setup, and he wants it that way so it can suit his riding style. I guess the issue is there are 3 bikes for testing versus 1, there is only so much you can try on Spies' one bike while you can try 3 different tweaks on the 3 different M1's with similar setups, and compare the pros and cons all in one riding stint. I think they will get it figured out and then he will be fighting for wins. You don't dominate AMA SBK, win a WSBK title in your rookie season, to be worthless on a GP bike.

Unless you're James Toseland......yes I know Toseland didn't race AMA or win WSBK in a rookie year, I just felt the need to laugh for a second.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:23 AM   #16
Grinchy

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase View Post
From what I read in an interview with Ben, it's a big lack of front end feel in his bike so he isn't comfortable pushing it. He said the other 3 M1's of Jlo, Crutchlow, and Dovi are set up almost identical in the front, but his bike has a drastically different setup, and he wants it that way so it can suit his riding style. I guess the issue is there are 3 bikes for testing versus 1, there is only so much you can try on Spies' one bike while you can try 3 different tweaks on the 3 different M1's with similar setups, and compare the pros and cons all in one riding stint. I think they will get it figured out and then he will be fighting for wins. You don't dominate AMA SBK, win a WSBK title in your rookie season, to be worthless on a GP bike.

Unless you're James Toseland......yes I know Toseland didn't race AMA or win WSBK in a rookie year, I just felt the need to laugh for a second.
but whos the best singer, who has a platinum album

Advertisement