MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2012, 04:19 PM   #101
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

I live next door to a Houston Police Officer. I will say that I can find no more outstanding citizen to have as a neighbor.

If you don't wish to be bothered by the Law, don't break it.

Feeling like you should be above the Law and allowed to do whatever you wish is the mentality of an anarchist. The fact that you willingly live in this society along with everybody else means you have signed the Social Contract to abide by Majority Rule, whether you agree to it or not.

If a Law bothers you enough, campaign to change it. In this country, you are only powerless if you are lazy to act.

Whether you like the man or not, Obama made it to President starting from being a nobody - a child pretty much abandoned by his father. That's America. That's the Country I love. I wasn't born in USA but I am proud now to call it my own.

In a "real" Police State, you family will find you with your testicles in your mouth before they get marched to labor camps. I have relatives that will tell you tales you won't wish on your worst enemy.

I feel priviledged to be allowed to pay my taxes and graced with the honor to live in America. F*ck you dickheads born and inbred in America that take this Country for granted.
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #102
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Two Brothers - Paul Kubosh and Mike Kubosh - campaigned and succeeded in getting the Red Light Camera turned off in Houston, the 4th largest city in America:

http://www.banthecams.org/Red-Light-...on-part-1.html

I actually diagree with them and their Campaign, but I absolutely admire their courage and determination. That's the beauty of a democratic process.

Democracy in America ain't perfect, but it works better than any other political system on earth.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #103
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

Feedback Rating: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volfy View Post
Feeling like you should be above the Law and allowed to do whatever you wish is the mentality of an anarchist. The fact that you willingly live in this society along with everybody else means you have signed the Social Contract to abide by Majority Rule, whether you agree to it or not.
No, it is the mentality that gave us America. America is first and foremost binded by the constitution. The fact that we live in America DOES NOT MEAN WE UNWILLINGLY SIGNED A SOCIAL CONTRACT. That is borderline Marxist. Your failed grasp at understanding what made this country what it is today shows how the citizens have given up such freedoms in the name of "safety" and "social acceptability". One does not give up freedom because society deems it necessary. It is always there, whether society deems such freedom is a safety risk or not. Because we have such abundant mentalities such as yours, it doesnt surprise me why so many Americans give up so much for so little in return.

Maybe you need some clarification as to what a "police state" is... A police state is one in which the government exercises rigid and repressive controls over the social, economic and political life of the population.

Living free and within the confines of the constitution does not make you an anarchist. living within the laws of society which are unconstitutional makes you a slave, Unworthy of this land our forefathers fought to free from the British empire.
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:28 PM   #104
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

Feedback Rating: (2)

Quote:

I feel priviledged to be allowed to pay my taxes and graced with the honor to live in America. F*ck you dickheads born and inbred in America that take this Country for granted.
That makes you nothing more than a worthless slave, not worthy of the freedoms our founding fathers granted us with. FREE MEN make America great, not the other way around.
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:09 PM   #105
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0opstlnksal0t View Post
No, it is the mentality that gave us America. America is first and foremost binded by the constitution. The fact that we live in America DOES NOT MEAN WE UNWILLINGLY SIGNED A SOCIAL CONTRACT. That is borderline Marxist. Your failed grasp at understanding what made this country what it is today shows how the citizens have given up such freedoms in the name of "safety" and "social acceptability". One does not give up freedom because society deems it necessary. It is always there, whether society deems such freedom is a safety risk or not. Because we have such abundant mentalities such as yours, it doesnt surprise me why so many Americans give up so much for so little in return.

Maybe you need some clarification as to what a "police state" is... A police state is one in which the government exercises rigid and repressive controls over the social, economic and political life of the population.

Living free and within the confines of the constitution does not make you an anarchist. living within the laws of society which are unconstitutional makes you a slave, Unworthy of this land our forefathers fought to free from the British empire.
You sir apparently weren't paying attention in your high school American History Class. Let me remind you:

The idea of the social contract is one of the foundations of the American political system. This is the belief that the state only exists to serve the will of the people, and they are the source of all political power enjoyed by the state. They can choose to give or withhold this power.

The Will of the people is at once principally collective and profoundly individualistic. It is collective because for a society to function as true democracy, the Decision arrived at by the Majority must be accepted by the populace as the Law of the Land. Otherwise, the rule of law break down and anarchy ensues.

Nevertheless, it is indiividualistic because any citizen has the right to petition the government to change any Law. This does not mean the individual has the right to IGNORE the Law, or even take up arms against the State just because he does not like the government. Those views belong to the likes of anarchists and the White Supremicists. I sincerely hope you do not belong to either groups.

Rather, the individual can do precisely what the Kubosh borthers did here: peitition the government and campaign to change a law he does not like. That is democracy. Another individual (me) might disagree and vote against it, but once the Majority established the new rule as the Law of the Land, the descending individual(s) constituting the Minority must abide by it. And if another individual (e.g., me) don't like enough, I can petition and campaign to overturn it. That is the Social Contract.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:17 PM   #106
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Quote:
That makes you nothing more than a worthless slave, not worthy of the freedoms our founding fathers granted us with. FREE MEN make America great, not the other way around.
That makes me a law-abiding citizen, the kind that the Founding Fathers wrote the Constitution to protect against the likes of you.

Living free does not equate to acting freely with wanton disregard of the Law.

I respect the Consititution, as I respect the Law of the Land - whether I agree with it or not. As a citizen, I am actively involved in the democratic process - be at at my children's elementary school, or the homeowner association of my subdivision, all the way to national politics.

Are you?!
Old 05-02-2012, 07:23 PM   #107
YoungGun

Bike(s):
2004 R6

My brother is a sheriff.

the po-leece.
YoungGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #108
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGun View Post
My brother is a sheriff.

the po-leece.
Thank you for sharing your homosexsual incestial urges with us.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:38 PM   #109
YoungGun

Bike(s):
2004 R6

Quote:
Thank you for sharing your homosexsual incestial urges with us.

U seem mad? ya, u irate.
YoungGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:52 PM   #110
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGun View Post
U seem mad? ya, u irate.
Me? Of course not. I am merely pleasantly perturbed. That, and I have been called pretty ugly.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #111
ALEXD
HOUSTUNNAS

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
05 R6
SOLD-00 GSXR 750 StreetFighter
SOLD- 99 GSXR 600
SOLD-01 YAMAHA R6
03 600 RR

I dont pull over for unmarked cars. There is too many posers and theives acting like cops these days. If they light me up I keep driving till I see some more cops come.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:28 PM   #112
Perf_White_GT
Probably Supported Obama

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

To add to this remarkably profound discussion... my testicles itch.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:45 PM   #113
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perf_White_GT View Post
To add to this remarkably profound discussion... my testicles itch.
Following the spirit of the discussion, let's make the relief to your discomfort a democratic one:

I motion to let the nearest homeless persion scratch 'em for you...

Anybody want to second that motion?
Old 05-02-2012, 08:45 PM   #114
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:

SON, volfy and both come from countries that are still police states to this day. STFU

you haven't a clue to what a real police state is.

you sit here and whine about the US, and yet you somehow had the freedom to get a job that earns you in the top 10% of the country w/ nothing more then a HS education. and your ability to whine as much as you do shows how free the country really is.

like some kinda poltical OWSer
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!

Last edited by RACER X; 05-02-2012 at 08:48 PM.
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #115
Perf_White_GT
Probably Supported Obama

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Quote:
Following the spirit of the discussion, let's make the relief to your discomfort a democratic one:

I motion to let the nearest homeless person scratch 'em for you...

Anybody want to second that motion?
Eh it, second.... when they itch, they itch.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-02-2012, 10:36 PM   #116
Jesse H

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
05 Harley Road King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarky View Post
I generally blow by any slow cop I know to be out of his jurisdiction.
Anything short of a felony, I don't give a what anybody is doing when I'm outside my city. Don't be mistaken into thinking that a Texas cop can't and won't make a traffic stop outside his city/county. I've done it before.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:45 PM   #117
Snarky
Eisen-Schwein!

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'12 R1200 GS ADV
'09 Versys
'01 XT 225 (sold) :(

Member Garage

Can we get back to talking about Houston area police cars instead of Houston area police oppression?

Anyone remember these?

HPD Traffic Equipment?

Old 05-02-2012, 10:47 PM   #118
Jesse H

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
05 Harley Road King

^I miss the Crown Vics.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:01 PM   #119
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

A few years ago, we had a Crown Vic company pool car. When I used it for business trips, I would slap a CB antenna on the trunk lid to listen to truckers' smokies alert on ch19... you know, for the real Crown Vics. Invariably, drivers would slam on their brakes when I show up in their rear view mirror. A short while after I passed them, they would realize I'm no rolling bear, and they would shoot past me again.

It was free entertainment.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:36 PM   #120
HMFIC

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

Quote:
Stop acting like you are some kind of saint arresting "child beaters and rapists", Im sure you dont haul in the ignorant peons who fail to pay off a registration ticket or overdue parking ticket. If you guys were out only arresting these kinds of criminals you wouldnt be seeing the backlashes you are with the constitutionalists or libertarians. Who cares what they think though... youre just doing your job. You dont answer to the constitution, you only answer to the politicians who give you your power.
deleted....youre right...Im wrong...The jails/prisons are full of traffic violators who didnt pay their tax.

I will just say you are ignorant of what I do on a daily basis.

Last edited by HMFIC; 05-02-2012 at 11:40 PM.
HMFIC is offline   Reply With Quote