MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2012, 07:09 PM   #41
adamwedge

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
01 CR 125
00 XR 50

I saw a weird on the other day by my work.

Harris County Sheriff Crown Vic.
adamwedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-26-2012, 07:40 PM   #42
JROD

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2011 zx10r

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdvet View Post
You're wrong.
So if i am driving to work one day with no plans of committing any violations or crimes and an officer pulls up on my and is just trying to get me to engage in road rage
Or take the bait which was in the previous post.
Entrapment: 1. the luring by a law-enforcement agent of a person into committing a crime.
Not trying to argue with you, my mother-in-law is an officer and load of my widest friends are just trying to be in lightened y that would not fall under the definition given.
JROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:30 AM   #43
JROD

Bike(s):
2011 zx10r

Quote:
Originally Posted by trdvet View Post
An officer would have to tell you to speed then stop and write you a ticket for speeding. Speeding on your own and getting a ticket are two separate things.
To me going out and engaging in road rage on your own and being lured by an officer to engag in road rage is two different things also. Is there a difference in being lured verbally and being lured by action if an officer. I know it would be almost impossible to prove in court but it makes it a little easier when you have officers stating that's what they use those cars for
JROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #44
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

IMAG0915
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #45
Helios
Back again again...

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

^ Just now on BW8 near I-10.
Helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:46 AM   #46
QUICKGIXX
track track track

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600(race bike)
2005 ttr90(pit bike)
01 kx65 mini motard

Police cant legally stop a vehicle unless they have police markings on them. hence why they came out with ghost lettering.....lol
QUICKGIXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #47
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

So what would happen if you don't stop for a patrol car with ghost lettering that you cannot see? Instead maybe drive to a police station or keep going untill they get a marked patrol car involved in the chase.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #48
imma_stocker
cager

Feedback Rating: (6)

From what I've seen, Texas LEOs do NOT need to have any markings. I personally won't stop for an unmarked vehicle, flashing reds and blues or not. Phantom markings I will pull over for but a completely unmarked vehicle can call back up or wait for me to pull over in a populated parking lot.

That said, there's an all black fbody Camaro in the Houston area that caught up to a co-worker at 150+mph. (disclaimer: co-worker was on a fast paced run with a pack to galveston and didn't notice him following them for XX miles) I don't know what jurisdiction he's in or what imaginary lines you think he can't or won't cross but I've seen him pulled over in HAK and downtown Houston.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #49
imma_stocker
cager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
IMAG0915
Not with police, car says "Texas Force Security Agency". He's with a private corporation, not a gov't entity.

I think they sell LEO hardware and/or provide rent-a-cop services.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #50
chingwa14
cHiNGwA14

Bike(s):
06 GSX-R 600

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to chingwa14 Send a message via MSN to chingwa14 Send a message via Yahoo to chingwa14 Send a message via Skype™ to chingwa14
I've seen two Camaro SS coming from 249 Southbound at the Beltway 8 interchange.... lit up their lights for cutting in a little late in front of a car... Then they just blew past me.... Never saw those unmarked squad cars before...
chingwa14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:08 PM   #51
Snarky
Eisen-Schwein!

Bike(s):
'12 R1200 GS ADV
'09 Versys
'01 XT 225 (sold) :(

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingwa14 View Post
I've seen two Camaro SS coming from 249 Southbound at the Beltway 8 interchange.... lit up their lights for cutting in a little late in front of a car... Then they just blew past me.... Never saw those unmarked squad cars before...
They are cool, maybe they only bust them out for spring/summer.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:14 PM   #52
ericlw
Banned

User is banned

ericlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #53
Snarky
Eisen-Schwein!

Bike(s):
'12 R1200 GS ADV
'09 Versys
'01 XT 225 (sold) :(

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlw View Post
i do get a good laugh blowing past the blue moon investigation guys in clearlake.everyone seems to think they can pull someone over so they never pass?
I generally blow by any slow cop I know to be out of his jurisdiction. Usually though, they are driving faster than me. , regular old non-traffic Houston police will race you on the highway. lol
Old 04-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #54
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

The era of slow-poke ill-handling Police Crown Vics are coming to a close. PDs across the country will start buying much more fearsome cruisers - Ford Interceptor, Chevy Impala PPV, or Dodge Charger Pursuit. They get huge discounts too. The Hemi Charger police cruiser goes for something like $23k when the civilian version cost more than $32k. They are better equipped too... like the blues brothers would say: "cop motor, cop wheels, cope tires, cop shocks..."

http://wot.motortrend.com/2012-ford-...ce-120423.html
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #55
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volfy View Post
The era of slow-poke ill-handling Police Crown Vics are coming to a close. PDs across the country will start buying much more fearsome cruisers - Ford Interceptor, Chevy Impala PPV, or Dodge Charger Pursuit. They get huge discounts too. The Hemi Charger police cruiser goes for something like $23k when the civilian version cost more than $32k. They are better equipped too... like the blues brothers would say: "cop motor, cop wheels, cope tires, cop shocks..."

The vics were used mainly due to their fixable frames.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:02 PM   #56
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
Bandera county has a green unmarked 4 door F150. He tagged me doing 121/65 and I rode away with only a speeding ticket so he's cool in my book

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #57
jin

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volfy View Post

That Charger police car looks mean as .
jin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:00 PM   #58
imma_stocker
cager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarky View Post
I generally blow by any slow cop I know to be out of his jurisdiction. Usually though, they are driving faster than me. , regular old non-traffic Houston police will race you on the highway. lol
How do jurisdictions work with traffic law enforcement? I was pulled over by HISD for allegedly cruising at 100+mph. He took my info, ran my license and insurance then wrote me some BS paper warning requesting I obey the law

Can an ISD even give me a traffic citation? I imagine they can call in for 'real' LEO
Old 04-30-2012, 06:33 PM   #59
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by imma_stocker View Post
How do jurisdictions work with traffic law enforcement? I was pulled over by HISD for allegedly cruising at 100+mph. He took my info, ran my license and insurance then wrote me some BS paper warning requesting I obey the law

Can an ISD even give me a traffic citation? I imagine they can call in for 'real' LEO
LoL, next time tell him to call a real cop and see if you still get a warning
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:06 PM   #60
YoungGun

Bike(s):
2004 R6

Anybody seen the white f-250 in Pearland? It's got like a 6 inch lift, diesel, 4x4, rims, and mud tires.

Yeah like Pearland really needs all that . Great to know our tax dollars are burning that trucks diesel all day long.
YoungGun is offline   Reply With Quote