MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2012, 08:55 PM   #1
Snarky
Eisen-Schwein!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'12 R1200 GS ADV
'09 Versys
'01 XT 225 (sold) :(

Member Garage

HPD Traffic Equipment?

The other day I was riding around the 610 Southloop/Almeda Area, leaving Pappasitos heading towards downtown. I saw an HPD Stealth Camaro with those invisible holographic decals pulling over an Orange sport bike ridden by what looked to be a squid. It looked friggin cool.

I also saw a Tahoe with the same decals pulling over .... something near I-45S and Airport Blvd. Then I've seen the pair of Holographic "unmarked" Crown Victoria up and down SH288 between I-610 and Beltway 8. I've seen another similar Crown Vic on I-45 between Beltway 8 and 610 North Loop.

So Holographic Decal Cars I've witnessed:
3x Crown Victorias
1x Tahoe
1x Camaro

I know in El Paso they the police there have Concours 14 bikes, and there's these two f-ing mustangs that are unmarked and weird colored (light blue and a silver one), they both drive like .

Other weird cops: Harris County Sheriff dodge ram between BW8 and 610 South loop.

Any other weird HPD cars you've seen? Any place you've seen the holo cruisers hanging? Have you seen any Chevy Caprice (the fast ones) cruisers yet? We have them in Lake Jackson for no reason and a Concours 14...

The worse thing about the Holo cruisers is that they always use laser. It's the friggin dumbest thing. You have a massively camouflaged vehicle, yet your sitting there on the side of the road pointing a gun at people who can see you outside it's range.

Note: This is not an evade the police thread. More like a passing interest in what can pop out of no where and tag motorcycles thread.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #2
Snarky
Eisen-Schwein!

Bike(s):
'12 R1200 GS ADV
'09 Versys

Member Garage

Last edited by Snarky; 04-25-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Snarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:10 PM   #3
QUICKGIXX
track track track

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 gsxr 600(race bike)
2005 ttr90(pit bike)
01 kx65 mini motard

The city has a few of those ss camaroes. They were given to HPD by a Houston Texans football player.
QUICKGIXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:11 PM   #4
Mav777
Mav

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
07 ZX14
04 1000RR- sold
05 VFR- sold

I've never understood wasting uncover cars to run radar and do nothing but traffic enforcement, protect and serve means staying visible and patrolling to show force and deter crime. What's the point of spending extra money on uncover cars when it's the radar gun that catches the speeder, uncover car or not? If being sneaky works so well they need to hideout at apartment complexes and catch these f'ers stealing bikes & tvs, I forgot that doesn't get tax dollars like tickets, only takes scum off the streets.
Mav777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:14 PM   #5
Snarky
Eisen-Schwein!

Bike(s):
'12 R1200 GS ADV
'09 Versys

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKGIXX View Post
The city has a few of those ss camaroes. They were given to HPD by a Houston Texans football player.
Yeah I just read that. I had been driving around forever, and had never come across one before. Pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav777 View Post
I've never understood wasting uncover cars to run radar and do nothing but traffic enforcement, protect and serve means staying visible and patrolling to show force and deter crime. What's the point of spending extra money on uncover cars when it's the radar gun that catches the speeder, uncover car or not? If being sneaky works so well they need to hideout at apartment complexes and catch these f'ers stealing bikes & tvs, I forgot that doesn't get tax dollars like tickets, only takes scum off the streets.
Well, they did have that one undercover cop blow that carjacker away. That was pretty cool.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:15 PM   #6
GAU-8
official thread ender.

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bout a year ago, saw a pimp, unmarked SUV. Shiny oversized rims, black out tint, hidden lights, and other goodies. No ghost lettering. Nothing.

I wouldnt have known it was a LEO cept for 2 things.

Seeing the 2 LEOs get out, walk up to pulled over car.

Hidden lights flashing.

I was laughing hard, cause i was thinking "wow...when did we go "CSI Miami?"
GAU-8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #7
Snarky
Eisen-Schwein!

Bike(s):
'12 R1200 GS ADV
'09 Versys

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAU-8 View Post
Bout a year ago, saw a pimp, unmarked SUV. Shiny oversized rims, black out tint, hidden lights, and other goodies. No ghost lettering. Nothing.

I wouldnt have known it was a LEO cept for 2 things.

Seeing the 2 LEOs get out, walk up to pulled over car.

Hidden lights flashing.

I was laughing hard, cause i was thinking "wow...when did we go "CSI Miami?"
I swear to , depending on the neighborhood, I would not pull over for that thing, haha. I'da just head to south central police station or something.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:25 PM   #8
Speedfreak
Bleed Green

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
'07 Yamaha R6
'05 Kawi ZX10 (RIP)
'05 Kawi ZX10 the current mistress

This past weekend coming back from crabb river we had an unmarked Pontiac G8 tail us for about two miles down 1462. It had a spotlight and grille lights. I was like W T F!

I know it's not HPD but it's still crazy as .

Last edited by Speedfreak; 04-25-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Speedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:31 PM   #9
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335407309.148846.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	55658Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335407348.570712.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	55659

Yup they have 6 of these camaros and u cant tell they are cops from behind till u se the plates
Old 04-25-2012, 09:45 PM   #10
Reduxalicious
OR IS IT?!

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2006 BMW K1200R
2016 BMW R1200R

Montgomery county has a regular plain looking green Suburban, I swear to there's no markings, no holographic markings either, I didn't even know it was a police officer until it lit up and pulled a U turn to go after someone.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #11
debit_debit
Dat photoshoop

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Gsx-r 600
2005 Suzuki Gsx-r 600
1986 Honda VF500F

, those Camaros are badass looking..

Only thing is, how much of a would you feel like if you had to crawl your into the back seat (two-door cruiser)??
debit_debit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:52 PM   #12
CBR_TRAN
Another Short Asian

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2007 Cbr600rr
1972 cb450 (cafe under construction)
2008 Kawasaki 250r (sold)

Siiiiick.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:00 PM   #13
jmeBADASS

Bike(s):
2005 Ninja 500r (deered)
2007 ninja 500r

It's all Mario willams fault...

http://blog.chron.com/newswatch/2011...s-cars-to-hpd/
Old 04-25-2012, 10:39 PM   #14
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Quote:
Originally Posted by debit_debit View Post

Only thing is, how much of a would you feel like if you had to crawl your into the back seat (two-door cruiser)??
Hmmm ill ask them next time they come by my job
Old 04-25-2012, 11:14 PM   #15
DvlRacer
cerca trova

Feedback Rating: (52)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reduxalicious View Post
Montgomery county has a regular plain looking green Suburban, I swear to there's no markings, no holographic markings either, I didn't even know it was a police officer until it lit up and pulled a U turn to go after someone.
I've seen him on a DWI stop before (I believe) except the driver was in military clothing. When I came back by he was gone but DPS was on scene. In the area of Sams Boat on 105.
"And so, this tiny metal deathtrap becomes known as the ultimate form of freedom. Like a steampunk cyborg, man and machine fuse to make a symbol of what you can become when style and speed matter more than safety and efficiency. Is it any wonder that some people just get mad every time they see a motorcycle go by? Because it challenges everything they have, while proving to them that they donít have enough."
DvlRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:02 AM   #16
superkat
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
954rr sold
2001 kawi zx6r sold
o2 eff 4 easy
honda fiddy

Member Garage

User is banned

superkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:14 AM   #17
xtelevisionset
Think Fast

Bike(s):
Suzuki GS500 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by superkat View Post
Vista bayou I believe has them and I seen a corvette unmarked hpd somewhere just can't recall
That's vain and disgusting.

I can't stand cruisers like these.
I believe it changes the attitude of the LEO's driving them too.

Until I'm parking in an ally just hoping that my is safe.
xtelevisionset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:11 AM   #18
HMFIC

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarky View Post
The other day I was riding around the 610 Southloop/Almeda Area, leaving Pappasitos heading towards downtown. I saw an HPD Stealth Camaro with those invisible holographic decals pulling over an Orange sport bike ridden by what looked to be a squid. It looked friggin cool.

I also saw a Tahoe with the same decals pulling over .... something near I-45S and Airport Blvd. Then I've seen the pair of Holographic "unmarked" Crown Victoria up and down SH288 between I-610 and Beltway 8. I've seen another similar Crown Vic on I-45 between Beltway 8 and 610 North Loop.

So Holographic Decal Cars I've witnessed:
3x Crown Victorias
1x Tahoe
1x Camaro

I know in El Paso they the police there have Concours 14 bikes, and there's these two f-ing mustangs that are unmarked and weird colored (light blue and a silver one), they both drive like .

Other weird cops: Harris County Sheriff dodge ram between BW8 and 610 South loop.

Any other weird HPD cars you've seen? Any place you've seen the holo cruisers hanging? Have you seen any Chevy Caprice (the fast ones) cruisers yet? We have them in Lake Jackson for no reason and a Concours 14...

The worse thing about the Holo cruisers is that they always use laser. It's the friggin dumbest thing. You have a massively camouflaged vehicle, yet your sitting there on the side of the road pointing a gun at people who can see you outside it's range.

Note: This is not an evade the police thread. More like a passing interest in what can pop out of no where and tag motorcycles thread.
HPD also has a fleet of Dodge Ram 2500 used in truck enforcement, but will occasionally pull over others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mav777 View Post
You would be surprised how many criminals are arrested by traffic enforcement division. Yes, they cite people, but also make many non traffic arrests. And like Ive always told people who say/think that the force is just on the freeways collecting tax and not arresting criminals; do you think the County jails and TDCJ is full of traffic arrests?

Quote:
Originally Posted by debit_debit View Post

These cars do not transport prisoners afaik.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superkat View Post
Vista bayou I believe has them and I seen a corvette unmarked hpd somewhere just can't recall
Never seen an HPD Corvette, you sure it wasnt a confiscated car used for DARE or PR events?
Old 04-26-2012, 03:13 AM   #19
HMFIC

Bike(s):
08 Super Duke R
08 YZ450F
Santa Cruz Blur 4x
09 YZ250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtelevisionset View Post
That's vain and disgusting.

I can't stand cruisers like these.
I believe it changes the attitude of the LEO's driving them too.

Cops and Vettes..yea right...donut munching idiots couldnt fit in a Vette unless the center console is removed....
Old 04-26-2012, 03:54 AM   #20
thewingo

Experience: 9-12 months

Bike(s):
2011 H-D Iron...1200!

Something tells me Texas must have an ordinance that police vehicles must be marked, even with ghost lettering. I've seen these for about 2 years now here in Houston since I moved back. I lived in Tampa for 8.5 years and both state police and city/county police had unmarked cars, and I'm good at spotting a police cruiser...these could fool you. I'm good at spotting cop cars so it's not a concern for me here, but I agree with the post regarding wasting these cars in traffic patrol.
thewingo is offline   Reply With Quote