MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2012, 10:04 AM   #41
ericlw
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

User is banned

ericlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thieving stories Squoddybody Off Topic 34 02-28-2012 11:36 AM
Arrest Stories Cap'n Stab'n Off Topic 21 08-03-2010 06:30 PM
CrackHeads Gone Wild tcmatt Off Topic 10 07-16-2006 06:46 PM
Crackheads and motorcycles dont mix jrock General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 05-09-2006 03:47 PM
ticket stories. PORSCHITO General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 06-23-2005 07:14 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2012, 11:26 AM   #42
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

There was a guy who used to beg every day at shepherd and richmond with a sign that said, "cheeseburger, diet coke?" One day I was driving through the whataburger there so I ordered him a no.1 with cheese and a coke (I forgot his sign said, 'diet coke.') When I stopped at the light I whistled at him and handed him the food. when I saw his sign I said, "oh, sorry, man, I accidentally got you a regular coke." He said, "I can't drink this !" and threw the coke down on the ground and stormed off.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:36 AM   #43
Snarky
Eisen-Schwein!

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'12 R1200 GS ADV
'09 Versys
'01 XT 225 (sold) :(

Member Garage

Over by 59 and bw8 south, around fry's, there was a dude panhandling next to the 'no soliciting' sign under the bridge. Constable rolled up, jumped the curb to parked under the bridge, grabbed the dude, cuffed him, read him his rights, threw him in the back of the squad car and rolled off. lol, im all for it, but its weird to see someone 'disappeared' like that.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:51 AM   #44
YoungGun

Bike(s):
2004 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarky View Post
Over by 59 and bw8 south, around fry's, there was a dude panhandling next to the 'no soliciting' sign under the bridge. Constable rolled up, jumped the curb to parked under the bridge, grabbed the dude, cuffed him, read him his rights, threw him in the back of the squad car and rolled off. lol, im all for it, but its weird to see someone 'disappeared' like that.
let me guess. big tall goofy white guy?? lmao

I used to work over there and he would always run up to my truck and say "hey man i'm in n*ggertown, where are all the white people at"

I told him head North to Spring and he looked up as if he were looking for a sign that would point him in the direction. Then he began to tell me his story about how he doesnt drink or do drugs or smoke as he was running next to my truck at 15 mph when the light turned green lol. Saw him there for about 2 months then I got transferred to Katy. Crazy
YoungGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:00 AM   #45
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

we used to buy lunch for guy around 45 and fuqua all the time, then one day he disappeared. A week later we heard he was sleeping in a dumpster and got dumped in the back of the trash truck and smooshed.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:29 AM   #46
iDazzle
dizzle dazzle

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2010 Trek Something
07 Ninja 250 (sold)
07 Kawasaki zzr600
2011 Kawasaki zx6r

On 59 n Kirby at the Shell--
Years ago when I was 18 and working at Miyako, just left work after a gooooooood night...a lady came up to me and asked for gas money. She said she needed to drive to medical center to see her baby or whomever it was and is in a rush. She asked me to fill up her tank. I quickly told her to pull her car around since it looked like she parked on the other side when I suddenly realized...wtf, done asked me for an entire tank when its only about 6 miles to med center!!!!! Oh heeeeell no. She coulda asked for a gallon or something, not an entire tank! Oh the nerve, how dare she be so greedy.
Called her out on it and took off.

On Beltway n Beechnut at the light--
A woman came up to my car when I had the window down. NOt only was she all up on my car but almost had her face IN MY CAR talking to me. I didnt say a word and just rolled up my windows. The she spat on my window! That woman spitted on my car! I put it park and got out and hit her with a metal bar I keep under my seat a couple times, got back in my car, and took off.

Over the years, I been seeing if shes still there. Havent seen her.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:38 AM   #47
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDazzle View Post
A woman came up to my car when I had the window down. NOt only was she all up on my car but almost had her face IN MY CAR talking to me. I didnt say a word and just rolled up my windows. The she spat on my window! That woman spitted on my car! I put it park and got out and hit her with a metal bar I keep under my seat a couple times, got back in my car, and took off
Now i know not to with u lmao!!
Old 04-27-2012, 09:45 AM   #48
iDazzle
dizzle dazzle

Bike(s):
2010 Trek Something
07 Ninja 250 (sold)
07 Kawasaki zzr600
2011 Kawasaki zx6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_5.0 View Post
Now i know not to with u lmao!!
hahaha. Maaan, I was soooo . How dare she come at me then spit on me well my stuff. Im just minding my own business, driving, working to pay my car off. UNLIKE HER!!! grrrr
Old 04-27-2012, 09:49 AM   #49
Thayleal
GingerBrawp CMRA #369

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2006 SV650s (Sold)
2003 SV650s (sold)
08 Ninja250 BRAWP bike (For Sale)
08 Ninja250 Racebike(Sold)
2007 SV650S(Streetbike)

Quote:
On 59 n Kirby at the Shell--
Years ago when I was 18 and working at Miyako, just left work after a gooooooood night...a lady came up to me and asked for gas money. She said she needed to drive to medical center to see her baby or whomever it was and is in a rush. She asked me to fill up her tank. I quickly told her to pull her car around since it looked like she parked on the other side when I suddenly realized...wtf, done asked me for an entire tank when its only about 6 miles to med center!!!!! Oh heeeeell no. She coulda asked for a gallon or something, not an entire tank! Oh the nerve, how dare she be so greedy.
Called her out on it and took off.

A woman came up to my car when I had the window down. NOt only was she all up on my car but almost had her face IN MY CAR talking to me. I didnt say a word and just rolled up my windows. The she spat on my window! That woman spitted on my car! I put it park and got out and hit her with a metal bar I keep under my seat a couple times, got back in my car, and took off.

Over the years, I been seeing if shes still there. Havent seen her.
Holy f* and you seemed so nice.. I hope you don't abuse poor Cuong like that...

Motorcycles are like women... once you ride one... you wanna ride em all.
Thayleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:00 AM   #50
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Quote:
hahaha. Maaan, I was soooo . How dare she come at me then spit on me well my stuff. Im just minding my own business, driving, working to pay my car off. UNLIKE HER!!! grrrr
Yea i have had to pull out my knife because one was starting to bang on my window because i didnt want him to clean my already clean windshield (just came from the carwash)

Ps i didnt use the knife lol
Old 04-27-2012, 10:01 AM   #51
iDazzle
dizzle dazzle

Bike(s):
2010 Trek Something
07 Ninja 250 (sold)
07 Kawasaki zzr600
2011 Kawasaki zx6r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thayleal View Post
lol, Ima be honest, I do abuse Cuong. He's so nice I gotta beat him up!

He's so nice that when we went to NYC for the first time in 2010...
bums were coming up to him left and right telling them sob stories that went on forever and he would just stand there and listen and listen and listen. He doesnt know how to walk away or say No. He would take a step away but they would advance. Take a step away, they would take a step towards him.

"Yea i have had to pull out my knife because one was starting to bang on my window because i didnt want him to clean my already clean windshield (just came from the carwash) "
Protect you and yours, sir. We have rights too.

Last edited by iDazzle; 04-27-2012 at 10:04 AM.
iDazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #52
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thayleal View Post
My guess he like it hahaha
Old 04-29-2012, 10:38 PM   #53
Snarky
Eisen-Schwein!

Bike(s):
'12 R1200 GS ADV
'09 Versys

Member Garage

Not a Houston story, but I just remembered it. We were in downtown Fort Worth, drinking at Flying Saucer. We were leaving, then outside the door an african-american panhandler asked my girlfriend straight up: can I have 2 dollars? She's like "Wow, I appreciate your bluntness, here you go." Then she gave him 2 bucks.

We have to walk a few blocks to the truck, half way there some shady white guy in a long coat starts following us. We beat him to the truck, jump inside, lock the doors, and I grab the glock just in case (never know)... He stands in front of the truck (as I'm starting it and turning the lights on) and motions for me to roll down the window. I would normally never do this, but I crack it and ask "What's up?" (as I conceal my weapon, expecting the next few words would be: get out of the car.). Then he starts with some friggin sob story.

I'm like "Okay, I don't give money out, and she's already donated to the cause tonight. I'm sorry." Seriously? Scared the out of me, usually nothing benign follows you. He followed us all the way to our car, late at night, and then tries to lay on a story, I just assume he wasn't right in the head. Probably somebody who deserved a donation... I felt a bit bad about it, but then again, I didn't.

I'm not sure what the moral of the story is. Be blunt and know what you want? Be black? Don't be so shady? Or is that armed people you roll up on, might be suspicious of your intentions if you follow them through an urban area late at night? I'm not sure.

USUALLY, there are bicycle cops out and about to stop those encounters. Of course, there's never a cop when you need one, is there? Ft. Worth gets a lot of tourists or suburban dwellers, maybe the bums are like the squirrels at UH, not afraid of .

Last edited by Snarky; 04-29-2012 at 10:41 PM.
Snarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:42 PM   #54
CBR_TRAN
Another Short Asian

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2007 Cbr600rr
1972 cb450 (cafe under construction)
2008 Kawasaki 250r (sold)

My girlfriend saw a guy over on Silber and i10 holding a sign that said "My wife and kids were kidnapped by ninjas, need money for karate lessons"
Old 04-29-2012, 10:43 PM   #55

Bike(s):
SV650

There was a guy at I-10 and Heights in the 90's with the sign"Why lie Jimmy needs a Beer" and twice I had just rolled out of the Diamond Shamrock with a six pack and supplied Jimmy with a beer. Now I probably wouldn't on most of them to put them out if they were on fire. One yo-yo has hit me up twice after we both have taken the bus into downtown for "work" I work an office job and he panhandles. "Excuse me sir can you help me out with some change so I can get something to eat", you had bus fare this morning a loaf of bread is cheeper then bus fare into and out of downtown.

I also appreciate the guys who proclaim they are broke and just need $0.23 to get something to eat. I would love to be broke and only need $0.23 to get a bite to eat. I owe 6 figures in bills and get paid jack schitt. In order for me to be broke I need to file for bankruptcy or knock over a few thousand liquor stores.

On the light rail line last week I was asked for spare change for someone's siblings. I remember when this individual first showed up in downtown over ten years ago. When she would hook and take her john's into the portacan at night. When she first showed up with the wheel chair, the oxygen tank, the cane, and she was now using a walker. I would be uber impressed if you had siblings that you needed money for that were not your fellow homeless brothers and sisters.

Oddly since I get hit up a few dozen times a week I am always afraid that when I tell the individual to off I would love to be broke that I may get stabbed. Most of the jokers in downtown have been there for a while and I recognize them. Occasionally you get new transfers who have taken the train in and are on a cross country adventure and aren't familiar or don't care about the established rules of the kingdom. These are the individuals that scare me, because you don't know how they will react.

p.s. don't feed the animals, it just encourages them. If you want to do something for these people give to a charitable organization that can mismanage the funds or ask your elected officials to provide better mental health care for the individuals who really need it (I want to say politicians but I mean the homeless). I also encourage you to address any individual who asks for help to go to shelter preferably a local one you may (or may not) have contributed money too. It is kind of like that pavlovian dog thing if that rings any bells, if not look it up.
#328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:52 PM   #56
debit_debit
Dat photoshoop

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Gsx-r 600
2005 Suzuki Gsx-r 600
1986 Honda VF500F

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR_TRAN View Post
My girlfriend saw a guy over on Silber and i10 holding a sign that said "My wife and kids were kidnapped by ninjas, need money for karate lessons"
That guy seems to have enough money for internet (either that, or he spends the hotter days browsing the public library computers).. I remember seeing a pic of that sign a few years ago on some site.

A group of riders on Ninjas need to roll up on him one day, just for the photo op.
debit_debit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:57 PM   #57
Snarky
Eisen-Schwein!

Bike(s):
'12 R1200 GS ADV
'09 Versys

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by #328 View Post
There was a guy at I-10 and Heights in the 90's with the sign"Why lie Jimmy needs a Beer".
I'm fine giving folks alcohol. If I was out in Texas heat begging for change, I would want beer or vodka. It's not great, but it's not meth or crack.

Quote:
I am always afraid that when I tell the individual to off I would love to be broke that I may get stabbed.
A healthy fear.

Quote:
don't feed the animals, it just encourages them. If you want to do something for these people give to a charitable organization that can mismanage the funds or ask your elected officials to provide better mental health care for the individuals who really need it (I want to say politicians but I mean the homeless). I also encourage you to address any individual who asks for help to go to shelter preferably a local one you may (or may not) have contributed money too. It is kind of like that pavlovian dog thing if that rings any bells, if not look it up.
Good advice.

Not that I'm a avid Flying Saucer fan or anything, (I prefer McElroy's because it's quieter and I hate people.) BUT I remember the Houston Flying Saucer having a sign outside stating something to the effect that "Contributing to panhandlers just encourages them, if you get caught donating, we will stop serving you." Something like that. It seemed like a good idea.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:59 PM   #58
LCLF Brain
Mamaaaa! Yeah, mama!

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2014 stage 4 Street Glide
2011 Heritage Softail (sold)

There are a slew of bums that hang around downtown around the Greyhound bus station. They get their welfare checks every month, and they have a big drunken binge, and are broke a few days later.

They used to like sleeping under the Greyhound buses during the winter time, because the engines on the buses generated heat, and they kept them running all the time, nonstop, even during a couple hour layover. So the bums would be all drunk and crawl up under there, and the drivers and security guards would have to go kick them awake and make them move in order to pull out.

So this one severely drunk stupid sees a bus stopped on a layover, and went and crawled underneath it. Only it wasn't a tall Greyhound bus, it was a city bus that are much lower, and it was blocks away from the Greyhound station. And the passed out underneath it. The driver came back from his pee break, jumped on his bus and took off, rolling the guy underneath the bus like you would roll a fly in between your palms. Squished the everliving out of him, a big giant smear down the road. Still had the rest of his welfare money in his pocket.
LCLF Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:25 PM   #59
Benne
DeepSeaDiving

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2011 gsxr 600
2007 gsxr 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanXJ View Post
sometimes I ask them if they take credit cards
hahaha! i havent heard that one before.
Benne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:46 PM   #60
Benne
DeepSeaDiving

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2011 gsxr 600
2007 gsxr 600 (sold)

The one guy that is cool with me, is the guy at Montrose and W.Dallas Chevron. First time i met him was when i was riding last year. He loved my bike so much that he would compliment on it first and then ask for change for food. At first i didnt believe him, but then i had to ask,"Are you really hungry?". So i went inside and bought those tasty deli sammiches and he took 3 bites out of each sandwich and they were gone. I see him every now and then, and when i do, he comes straight to me and fills up my tank on whatever im driving....then i reward him with a treat. Cool guy.
Benne is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement