MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2012, 02:14 PM   #21
jheeziee110

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 Cbr 1000
03 xr 50
Arctic Cat Mud pro 700
Legend Bass Boat
02 Xr 50

There is a old guy at huffmeister and 290 that is out there almost every weekday begging. He has been there for over 2 years since i drive that way for work. He lives in oakcliff and rides his bike every day to beg. Has a new z71 silverado at the house and everything.
jheeziee110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thieving stories Squoddybody Off Topic 34 02-28-2012 11:36 AM
Arrest Stories Cap'n Stab'n Off Topic 21 08-03-2010 06:30 PM
CrackHeads Gone Wild tcmatt Off Topic 10 07-16-2006 06:46 PM
Crackheads and motorcycles dont mix jrock General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 05-09-2006 03:47 PM
ticket stories. PORSCHITO General Discussion (Moto Related) 9 06-23-2005 07:14 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-24-2012, 02:21 PM   #22
RSIXER02
Motoboater

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
02 R6..Sold
New bike coming next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thayleal View Post
Were they mexican? Did you have your name on your back?

Mystery solved!

((For those of y'all thinking I am being racist... look up what a Sancho is))
He always has his name on his back...its a tatoo. And he is messican too
RSIXER02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:22 PM   #23
cbrfxr67

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
77 kz1000 project
sold everything else,...

There's one guy at woodway and voss that I see walking from the apartments down Winrock. He's steadily there though asking for a handout. Even the cheapest apt in there is at least 600 a month. wth
cbrfxr67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:31 PM   #24
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

Quote:
Originally Posted by jheeziee110 View Post
There is a old guy at huffmeister and 290 that is out there almost every weekday begging. He has been there for over 2 years since i drive that way for work. He lives in oakcliff and rides his bike every day to beg. Has a new z71 silverado at the house and everything.
It's crazy what some people will do to get out of working
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:37 PM   #25
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Yea i had a lady drive up to me in her van saying she needed gas money. If she needed gad money she wouldnt be driving around asking for money waisting more gas keeping the van on
Old 04-24-2012, 02:45 PM   #26
929guy

Bike(s):
2001 Honda 929
1999 SV 650 sold
1999 Aprilia Ride Smart 50
2007 GSXR 600

Crazy.
929guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:21 PM   #27
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

I don't give them people nothin'.
Most of the homeless people you see out there are either addicted to drugs or alcohol AND/OR they have mental problems.
If nobody EVER gave them anything they would be forced to seek shelter in a.... shelter. Where they would get food, clothing, a shower, clean place to sleep AND treatment!

They would be MUCH better off if we stopped handing them $.25 or a $1.
But as said before, there are always doogooders that try to buy the stairway to heaven.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:32 PM   #28
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 1

Makes me glad I dont live in the hood any more.

The window washers at every light gets old.

Did like one of them though I called him chili bowl because of his hair cut he would jump around and toss up his window washer wand and dance around like a fool.

My favoriate one I met placing an order at burger king. She worked there and was some what taking orders while hanging out the window waitting on the dope man. It was some crazy that I will never forget.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:13 PM   #29
Track_Graphics

Some of them are corner ho's. The corners at El Dorado and 45 are pimped out. There's a guy that sits in Whatacrapper and about every hour a couple of the beggers will come in and dump the money on the table and he splits it up. I've had two of my kids work at that place and watch him. My daughter served him drinks and ask him what he did. So he told her. The pimp drives up a couple of them in a newer Silverado and he's on the laptop all day.
Those beggers pull in $20 -$30 an hour tax free.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:18 PM   #30
sullivan

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2008 Ninja EX650R
2005 Yamaha YZ250F

I love these stories, keep them coming.I once walked out of a pizza place after picking up like 5-6 pizzas for my sisters bday party.

There was a outside and was asking for money, I told him I couldn't help him out, and he said he was hungry. Offered him an entire pizza, and he turned it down.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:31 PM   #31
CBR_TRAN
Another Short Asian

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2007 Cbr600rr
1972 cb450 (cafe under construction)
2008 Kawasaki 250r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track_Graphics View Post
Some of them are corner ho's. The corners at El Dorado and 45 are pimped out. There's a guy that sits in Whatacrapper and about every hour a couple of the beggers will come in and dump the money on the table and he splits it up. I've had two of my kids work at that place and watch him. My daughter served him drinks and ask him what he did. So he told her. The pimp drives up a couple of them in a newer Silverado and he's on the laptop all day.
Those beggers pull in $20 -$30 an hour tax free.
This could not be made up Unreal.
Old 04-24-2012, 04:41 PM   #32
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

sometimes I ask them if they take credit cards
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:42 PM   #33
ormand
Deelish!

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2009 Ninja 650r
Total Mileage: 42,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thayleal View Post
I used to work on 6th street in ATX.. honestly... those bums made more money than I did...That is what did it for me and I stopped helping out people I don't know personally.
My friends and I were eating at Koriente (Korean Fusion) on 7th Street in Austin TX a few weekends ago...

533913 2934486483973 1315391214 2116919 1668639725 n

...and we saw this homeless dude take a right on the sidewalk. Right next to the Police Station We were eating outside and these people looked like they straight up didn't give a . We gave him a leftover "Hummus Spring Roll" that tasted like ...he probably that out on the sidewalk too
Old 04-24-2012, 04:43 PM   #34
PimpRice
TEAM BLT

Feedback Rating: (4)

Send a message via AIM to PimpRice
Not all of them are bad. My bike (Ducati POS) just shut off at an intersection off I-10 and silber. The homeless guy came up to me and ask me if I needed any help. It was around 11 at night and none of my friends were picking up their phones. As I got ahold of my cousin and he was on his way I just sat there and talked to him. His name was Doug. Legitimately was a war vet. Had a id to prove it. Was very genuine and nice guy. Never asked me for anything at all. Every once in a while, I'd stop by after work and buy him jack in the box. I'd sit under the bridge and eat with him. When they started doing construction, I haven't seen him since. Been wondering where he's been.
PimpRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:41 PM   #35
SANCHO

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 Big Bear Chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSIXER02 View Post
He always has his name on his back...its a tatoo. And he is messican too
^^^^^he speaks the truth. Got to keep it gangsta my ninja lol.

I thought they were latinos at first but they seemed to be what I have heard some people call gypsy's maybe.
SANCHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #36
Snarky
Eisen-Schwein!

Bike(s):
'12 R1200 GS ADV
'09 Versys
'01 XT 225 (sold) :(

Member Garage

Is this a CHL awareness thread?

When I was younger I used to be naive and try to help people out with spare change and what not. Then one time, it got me into trouble and I was held up at gun point outside a Kroger. I lost my wallet, phone, and beer ( dammit); but at least walked away with my life. I swore I would never let scum take advantage of me like that again if I could help it. One sumbitch can ruin the good nature of a good samaritan immediately (that is if he doesn't take his life).

It's funny though, the rich urban dwellers don't seem to mind panhandlers. I occasionally shop at Randall's in midtown. If I park on the surface, just about nine times out of ten, within seconds of exiting my vehicle, a different friggin will blast me with a sob story and it's always the same story. This one night the cashier asked me if there was anything they could do to "improve my shopping experience". I said "Well, I do get a little sick of being accosted by panhandlers the second I step out of my vehicle." She looked at me as if she had never thought of it before. There was an old, wealthy, looking man behind me who started running his mouth "Some people just need a little help..." I didn't dignify him with a response. I'm sure he's right, but it's impossible to tell the difference between a somebody in need, a mugger, or a sponge.

I was coming home from a long trip in a rental car. I had to fill it up before turning it into the rental car place at Hobby. I stopped at a shady gas station near the highway/strip clubs. Mistake. Not 5 seconds out of the car, some lady runs up on me with a list of perfumes (wtf?) and a sob story and starts complimenting me. I just stepped right back into the car and drove away to a better gas station. I was exhausted and paranoid that she was trying to distract me from something else.

I don't know, I used to like to help people. I'm an American, Americans like to feel like they are making a positive difference in the world. Whether it's the few dollar donations at the grocery store, or bringing some dude a sandwich. I only give to legit seeming charities now. No more dollars for derelicts.

Also AGATT. Never know when you're going to have to throw down at the petrol station.

Last edited by Snarky; 04-24-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Snarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:12 PM   #37
theManofRussia
Who dares, wins.

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
Honda CBR600RR
Specialized Epic S-Works
Specialized Rockhopper

Member Garage

this thread is blowin up in the last couple days.

A lot of them aren't even homeless. I saw a blonde with clean wavy iron-curled hair and Abercrombied out head to toe saying she's homeless. You can't exactly do that at a starbucks bathroom. Are you kidding me?
theManofRussia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:14 PM   #38
theManofRussia
Who dares, wins.

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
Honda CBR600RR
Specialized Epic S-Works
Specialized Rockhopper

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullivan View Post
I love these stories, keep them coming.I once walked out of a pizza place after picking up like 5-6 pizzas for my sisters bday party.

There was a outside and was asking for money, I told him I couldn't help him out, and he said he was hungry. Offered him an entire pizza, and he turned it down.
One time when I just came to the US I offered to buy one a burger when he asked for $3.50, he turned it down because he wanted to get the $3.50 beer can
theManofRussia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:19 PM   #39
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

Quote:
Originally Posted by theManofRussia View Post
One time when I just came to the US I offered to buy one a burger when he asked for $3.50, he turned it down because he wanted to get the $3.50 beer can
Holy moly I get the tree fiddy joke now
Old 04-24-2012, 11:28 PM   #40
Snarky
Eisen-Schwein!

Bike(s):
'12 R1200 GS ADV
'09 Versys
'01 XT 225 (sold) :(

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by theManofRussia View Post
You can get anywhere between 3 and 6 40oz bottles of malt liqour at HEB for that... I think I bought 3 fortys of King Cobra for a buck fifty there. It tastes like corn.

Advertisement