MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related) > Stolen Bike Reports
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2012, 07:17 PM   #41
CaligoneTx
Forest Gnome Tour Guide

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Triumph 675r
Ducati 748
Hyosungs (250r + 650r)
Honda 900rr
Suzuki Busa1300r (+2 bikes)

Send a message via AIM to CaligoneTx Send a message via Yahoo to CaligoneTx
Sry to hear the unfortunate; had my busa taken a few years ago.

It is a real poor statement for humanity when someone disrespects someone else that has worked hard, devoted time in modifying and riding the bike... to take it carelessly and without thought of the other.

Some recommendations I have now: keep in contact with your contact and the stolen services. If you can find the impoundment lots, ask them in person. There are many bikes that are infact recovered but no effort is put forth to returning to owner; if you need proof check out auctions with all the police equity bikes.

Keep an eye on craigslist for parts etc. There are usually two ways the bike is handled: a frame is purchased out of city/state and all the parts are swapped onto it and junked, or the tires are removed, the clip on controls and its sent overseas not as a bike(not registered in the port/customs) but as 'parts.'

I learned alot through many, many hours of research/very helpful members and people providing me with information/etc and a private investigator on here that offered up help in his spare time.

I fully believe in the Police etc but I will honestly tell you no 'bust' will happen unless, as Im told, you use the words when you call in(if you see your bike) as 'theft in progress.' Just info I was told by others; unfortunately I was not ever that fortunate to utilise it.

Stats on lojack on next to perfect; granted the info is from lojack themselves. But the security of 5 contacts/alerts chosen at your desire when the bike is moved without the transponder near by is a great peace of mind. So does full coverage insurance. But those are 'after the fact' assurances.

Best wishes on the heaviness in your heart; I feel your pain and know it well as others do on here. May be wise to repost the thread or start a new one for security/recommendations to prevent theft since that season is upon us once more.