Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2006, 10:35 AM   #61
issanni
assfault

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Send a message via MSN to issanni Send a message via Yahoo to issanni
RIP

It's a sad day when we loose a soldier in Iraq, It's just as sad a day if not more so to loose a soldier at home on leave doing something he obviously loved to do.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cop rear ends rider, then BLAMES the rider CTtriple General Discussion (Moto Related) 76 11-06-2013 10:09 AM
Rider hit by other rider - Video Inside Neon Samurai General Discussion (Moto Related) 52 07-31-2012 03:42 PM
Rider and co-rider down 290E & Barker Cypress jimrad General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 04-17-2011 12:17 AM
Rider Down on 242, report says inexperienced rider Davekg General Discussion (Moto Related) 94 03-24-2011 07:11 PM
Rider to Passenger/Other Rider Communication Pyrofallout General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 02-22-2008 09:38 AM
Advertisement
Old 12-27-2006, 10:39 AM   #62
buddha429
Reformed Track Addict

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
at the junkyard

RIP

these reports of soldiers dying, on leave, riding motorcycles are getting more frequent.
buddha429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 10:45 AM   #63
issanni
assfault

Send a message via MSN to issanni Send a message via Yahoo to issanni
not to take away from the thread but there were two Army soldiers in my MSF class a few weeks ago....one was a tank gunner and the other was the medic for that tank division. They were both 19 and one just bought a gixxer 600 and the other was going to buy one while on leave for Christmas. Neither one had really any riding experience at all, they did okay in the class....hopefully they'll be carefull on the street.

Is there some mentality that soldiers get after returning unscathed from a tour of duty? (kind of like a "nothing can hurt me if I made it through that")

sorry to up this thread....
Old 12-27-2006, 10:56 AM   #64
buddha429
Reformed Track Addict

Feedback Rating: (6)

Bike(s):
at the junkyard

its the adrenaline rush they need while on leave. not to mention the accumulated paycheck they receive. 20/20 did a special about it about 6 months ago.
buddha429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 12:13 PM   #65
byob

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoguer
RIP... Its always a sade day when a soldier goes down even worse when it seems to be a fun loving person who loved to ride and his family.
May the reunion with his mother be a good one.....
X2
Its better to have loved a short woman than to have never loved a tall
byob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 06:16 PM   #66
ptd
π

RIP

Out of curiousity, are the occupants of the involved vehicle ok?

-pd
ptd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 06:41 PM   #67
ptd
π

, didnt hear about that part of the story.

-pd
ptd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 06:45 PM   #68
jrock
straight shooter

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2003 Kawi ZX9r Green Machine-sold
1995 Honda CB 1000 Big One

Send a message via Yahoo to jrock
RIP Semper Fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2XTURBO

speed Brother.
"I get a total charge out of inspiring others to follow their dreams and not to fear change. Embrace it. Realize that money isn't the end-all, be-all. What is important, what really has value, is Time. As motorcyclists, we all face increased risks on the road, and on the track. Do something with your time; don't have a bag full of regrets when the train comes to a stop. "
jrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 06:19 PM   #69
datbikrgrl_x

Member Garage

My condolences to the family. My word...RIP. We are soooo proud of his service to this country and all of us as Americans. Bless.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:33 PM   #70
Rick H.I.C.
Got Surf? Snow? Track?

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
03' 600RR, 05' CR125, 88'NSR 250

RIP brother.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:45 PM   #71
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
RIP
Old 12-28-2006, 09:01 PM   #72
Ardontini

Bike(s):
ZX-9R

R.I.P And im back MotoH
Makes me feel realy bad, cause im riding tomorrow after months of me getting my bike repaired
Ardontini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 11:52 AM   #73
TILLA THE KILLA

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R1
2000 Suzuki TLR 1000 (sold)

Send a message via MSN to TILLA THE KILLA
Man I didn't know that this was a friend of my homeboy Justin. To all of Jared's friends and family, my prayers are with you, stay strong.

Get Money
moneyinthebankc 2
TILLA THE KILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 03:33 PM   #74
byob

Quote:
Originally Posted by TILLA THE KILLA
Man I didn't know that this was a friend of my homeboy Justin. To all of Jared's friends and family, my prayers are with you, stay strong.
Justin was with us when he went down. He told me he knew you and I told him we had some pretty heated discussions on here. Small world.
Its better to have loved a short woman than to have never loved a tall
byob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 03:39 PM   #75
TILLA THE KILLA

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R1

Yep it really is a small world. He's been really torn up about everything. But time heals. When everything settles we have to ride together sometime BYOB, I know Justin told you that I live 3 doors down from him.

Get Money
moneyinthebankc 2
Old 12-29-2006, 03:50 PM   #76
zero_cool

Member Garage

Quote:
Yep it really is a small world. He's been really torn up about everything. But time heals. When everything settles we have to ride together sometime BYOB, I know Justin told you that I live 3 doors down from him.
Justins mom has someone buying his bike already but if he still has it saturday, we're going to get some people together and have a memorial ride for Jared if the weather cooperates.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:05 PM   #77
TILLA THE KILLA

Bike(s):
2008 Yamaha R1

I'm a little confused. Are BYOB and Zero Cool one in the same? Hopefully Justin won't sell his bike, but I told him last night that I understood if he did. I'm down to ride with ya'll if the weather permits. But it's looking pretty bad for Sat.

Get Money
moneyinthebankc 2
Old 12-29-2006, 04:17 PM   #78
BusaFlo
Lost, But Still Ridding

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 Busa
85 Honda Rebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by issanni
not to take away from the thread but there were two Army soldiers in my MSF class a few weeks ago....one was a tank gunner and the other was the medic for that tank division. They were both 19 and one just bought a gixxer 600 and the other was going to buy one while on leave for Christmas. Neither one had really any riding experience at all, they did okay in the class....hopefully they'll be carefull on the street.

Is there some mentality that soldiers get after returning unscathed from a tour of duty? (kind of like a "nothing can hurt me if I made it through that")

sorry to up this thread....
My Prayers and thoughts for his family and friends. I can't speak for Jared, but alot of military mentality is work hard, play harder. I have been in for 12 yrs and have seen or heard some liberty stories. We have a lot of built up tension from being underway or Isolated from family and friends for days or months that seem to never end. Then we get that first chance of liberty and bam we try to make-up for lost times in a quick moment. And there are those that combine the both "make-up for lost times" and "I am Invinceable" and end up hurting themselves or loved ones. [COLOR="Blue"]Please don't take this as if I am saying Jared is the same as everybody else is, because I don't know him, nor was I around when it happened. But majority work hard, and play harder....

Last edited by BusaFlo; 12-29-2006 at 04:26 PM. Reason: OOPs I got lost for a minute.
BusaFlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 04:24 PM   #79
zero_cool

Member Garage

Quote:
I'm a little confused. Are BYOB and Zero Cool one in the same? Hopefully Justin won't sell his bike, but I told him last night that I understood if he did. I'm down to ride with ya'll if the weather permits. But it's looking pretty bad for Sat.
im zero. byob is my altered ego. arturo though it would be best is if i brought byob out for a while.
justin and i both promised our mothers we would sell our bikes. my mom knew jared and this has her all tore up and i don't want her to have to worry about going through it with me. i was hounding on justin to sell his bike too, especially since they already lost his little brother. his mom is taking that so hard. its wierd, our boy jared died 6 hours short of exactly a year after justins brother. i couldn't think of a more $hitty way to wrap up the year. if the weather doesn't work with us this weekend sometime, we'll do it next weekend. we were talking about you last night and im looking forward to meeting you.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:26 PM   #80
zero_cool

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusaFlo
My Prayers and thoughts for his family and friends. I can't speak for Justin, but alot of military mentality is work hard, play harder. I have been in for 12 yrs and have seen or heard some liberty stories. We have a lot of built up tension from being underway or Isolated from family and friends for days or months that seem to never end. Then we get that first chance of liberty and bam we try to make-up for lost times in a quick moment. And there are those that combine the both "make-up for lost times" and "I am Invinceable" and end up hurting themselves or loved ones. [COLOR="Blue"]Please don't take this as if I am saying Justin is the same as everybody else is, because I don't know him, nor was I around when it happened. But majority work hard, and play harder....
Jared is our friend that passed. Justin is a friend of ours that was riding with us when Jared wrecked. You are right about the work hard, play harder bit. Jared lived by those words.

Advertisement