MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2012, 08:00 AM   #1
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Video, Brazos Valley TXORR race

Saturday April 14, Texas Extreme at Brazos Valley

Dbuck and i show up late, we run practice and the course is super awesome with a ton of elevation, short sandy spots and no water to run through.

I invite some of my close friends out to hang with us and check out the races, as we are gearing up getting ready to grid up, i'm strapping on my helmet, my friends wife says to me "Don't crash little man"! F*ck, the one and only superstition i tend to believe in and she has to open her mouth

The race started good, everyone in their spots, i jump in the middle, we grid up in the middle of a sand pit, it's rutted up real bad in front of me, I spot a line on the far left hand side that's flat and untouched so I change positions to get a good start. When the flag goes up, my bike starts on the first kick, I have it in 1st gear already so I pin it, leaving everyone else behind and I get the hole shot with Dbuck crawling up my .

I'm feeling good and then boom, I guess I start thinking about going faster but not crashing, I have a couple injuries already that worried me a bit. My hand injury is what I was more worried with, during practice the pace was kinda quick but the adrenaline wasn't flowing yet. During the race, the adrenaline was flowing max, I knew I had some fast guys on my tail, I moved up from Open D to Open C class which is faster more experienced racers.

I always wear my heart rate monitor to keep an eye on myself and just to see how many calories one can burn riding a motorcycle, my chest injury (separated cartilage from my ribs in a motocross accident) is what kicked me the hardest, as my heart rate increased, I felt the cramping in my lower back on the right side, crash number 2 came, I get up, get going again, my heart rate increases even more having to hurry up to get going again, I feel the cramping in my back start to spread across my lower back to the left side so now, my cramping is hurting bad, my breathing has doubled, my heart rate is near a dangerously high level, I reach another small uphill which proved to be my demise! I can't make it up the hill b/c of a poor line choice, I should have gone up on the left rather than the right. I must take a break, I can't physically continue b/c I can't catch my breath, my heart rate has spiked 206 BPM sometime during the crash and my trying to fight the bike and gravity getting going again.

At the end of the video, listen closely, I'm lying on the ground resting, trying to lower my heart rate and catch my breath, I'm in the woods, no birds, no noises, all you can hear is my heart beat playing a fast pace beat that we could have made a trance song from. Gopro camera was mounted on my chesty strap for a better view of the terrain.

Don't be fooled by what you think are small elevation changes and small bumps, they are much bigger than they look..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=tDMMpEdK-K8#!

Last edited by CarbonJames; 04-17-2012 at 08:04 AM.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote