MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track > Mini's, Motards & Flattrack Racing
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

rolling chassis parts recognition

I finally got around to striping down the rolling chassis I bought from TomLSTD. I got a can of WD40, rags and some mild abrasive polishing cream and went to work disassembling and cleaning. When I bought it Tom told me he knew what it was supposed to be, but he bought from someone else for the 125cc motor in it and was not sure about the rest of the parts. It had been a home built flat tracker. The forks were supposed to have come from a cr85 as well as the swing arm assembly. The rear shock was supposed to have been some kind of aftermarket but he did not know what kind.
The frame turned out to be kind of interesting. The sub frame (engine mount) had a label on it from Honda that said it was built in 1988. The tubes for the seat mount came from something else and the guy had appearantly cut off the original section of the frame and welded those on himself, the welds were strong but ugly as . That section of the frame had a label on it that said it met the emission standards for 2001 so it came off something slightly newer than the subframe. I took the forks out of the tripple tree and set them aside to clean later. It seems that someone had taken the tripple tree off and had just set it back in the frame, when i took the top nut off, the tripple tree just fell out of the frame, the steering adjustment nut was not even threaded onto the stem, it was just set on there, so it had not been riden like that. The top bearing was not set, it was just there. The bearing seemed to be in good shape, I will probably replace them anyway just because i have it apart.
The forks are not inverted, the look very similar to the ones on my crf100, except the are set up for disc breaks.
I want to know if anyone recognises the part number on the forks and brake assembly and can tell me for sure what they came off of, it looks like it will mount up directly to the crf100 without any mods, but I will try everything on a spare frame before I take my bike apart and Motorcycles Unlimited work on it for me.

The only info on the forks that they are Showa forks and appear to have been made in Brasil, the tag says Showa Do Brasil LTDA RUA Rio Quinto 1.376 which I assume tells me that is where it was made. The only thing that ressembles a model number is KPT-00-R and a second line that says SDB.BR-1, the other forks have the same number except and L, that I assume tells me one fork is left and one is right.

The brake caliper is a Nissin, also with limited numbers on it. It has this
KCY
30H2
2T4

the pads are Nissin with the number TT2501HH on it..

anybody have a clue what all that means... I did a google search on it and came up with not much.