MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2012, 09:50 PM   #1
invision

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
SV650S/F k4
98 CBR600F3 Trackbike project

Cursed Bikes.

My last SV was bulletproof. This one is cursed. I seriously mean that.

The following is entirely true.
I have been riding for 7 years and have NEVER had a problem with a bike, nor had I been in an accident on a sportbike.

All of the following has occurred within a 5 to 6 month period.

Got it home and noticed that a rat had chewed the air filter up.
A week into owning the bike, I'm at a girls house watching a movie. Her dad walks in and goes "Hey man is that your bike? Well, I just ran over it."
New clutch lever, bar end, touchup paint on lower fairings, new shift lever.
A few weeks later the starter clutch went out while I was getting lunch. A friend picked me up and drove me an hour home. Ebay part to replace it.
Week later, the chain randomly jumps the rear sprocket, breaking the clutch push rod. Leaks oil all over the brand new rear tire.
New chain, sprockets, and rear tire.
Front tire wears extremely odd, even though pressure is checked daily and it is balanced properly. Second new front tire.
Bike throws GoPro down the road at 65mph.
First accident on the street - low side in Austin at 30 mph. Clutch lever, bar end, shift lever.
Rear tire wears flat in the middle after only 2k miles, even with correct air pressure.
Trackday! New rear tire.
Second ever accident on a street bike, highside at MSRHouston.
Bent subframe, cracked tail fairing, bent clutch lever, bent gauge mount/fairing stay, bent fairing stays, broken upper fairing, ruined windscreen, broken master cylinder+reservoir, bent brake lever, battery ejected through the seat ripping out cables and a fuse block, ripped the holes from the seat mount, two bar ends, chain jumped the sprockets, bent and scraped rear grab bar, gigantic dent in the tank, ruined gauge shroud, ruined mirror stay things.
New master cylinder, new levers, epoxied rear fairing, new battery wiring, new holes to bolt the seat to the frame, had to cut the upper fairing to be able to mount it to the bent fairing stay, headlights are aimed pretty much completely up, left mirror is lower than the other, new bar ends. It still runs, so I'm riding it.
Week later
Bar end rattles off, license plate comes free, left rearset comes completely unbolted from the frame.
Find license plate and tie it to the bike using headphones. Tie rearset to the frame using headphones.
Rob bolts from project CBR bike to re-attach rearset. License plate still tied to bike with headphones.
Next day
Mirror falls off.

And that's all up until today. I can't wait to see what falls off next!

I also received my first ticket on a motorcycle on this bike. First ticket in SEVEN years. I had never even been pulled over on a bike before.

Someone please tell me I'm not the only person to own a cursed devil bike.
invision is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How is everyone storing their bikes/track bikes? f4ihoneybadger General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 11-02-2014 11:59 PM
Bikes IamStick General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 08-12-2014 11:48 AM
slow bikes fast...or fast bikes slow...Fun? lucydad General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 02-21-2013 09:04 AM
Pocket bikes/super pocket bikes??? fastest? Petro General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 10-16-2008 04:33 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #2
gots2no
Steve

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'94 Kawasaki ZX6
'78 Yamaha XS750E (sold)
'82 Yamaha Seca 750 (sold)
'82 Yamaha XT200 (sold)

Member Garage

Dayem
gots2no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #3
CBR_TRAN
Another Short Asian

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2007 Cbr600rr
1972 cb450 (cafe under construction)
2008 Kawasaki 250r (sold)

As my Buddhist mother would say "It's the bad karma coming to get you" Don't know what you did to deserve this... Go get your bike exorcised.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:01 PM   #4
Daft Punk
HarderBetterFasterStonger

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'14 Ninja 650

Someone is disconnecting your speedometer and taking your bike to the track when you're not looking.
Daft Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #5
j_e_hurst
Josh

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
Back on a GSXR!!! 08 600

Don't believe in curses, devil bikes, karma, luck or any of that BS. Some things are maintenance issues. A bike is like a boat, takes money and time to keep them up. Everything else is just life, happens. Sux that all that has happened but that's the way it goes sometimes. Hope you can get everything taken care of.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #6
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

636 cursed.

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:21 PM   #7
PinkBtch

[QUOTE=invision;3222615]My last SV was bulletproof. This one is cursed. I seriously mean that.

The following is entirely true.
I have been riding for 7 years and have NEVER had a problem with a bike, nor had I been in an accident on a sportbike.

All of the following has occurred within a 5 to 6 month period.

Got it home and noticed that a rat had chewed the air filter up.
A week into owning the bike, I'm at a girls house watching a movie. Her dad walks in and goes "Hey man is that your bike? Well, I just ran over it."
New clutch lever, bar end, touchup paint on lower fairings, new shift lever.
A few weeks later the starter clutch went out while I was getting lunch. A friend picked me up and drove me an hour home. Ebay part to replace it.
Week later, the chain randomly jumps the rear sprocket, breaking the clutch push rod. Leaks oil all over the brand new rear tire.
New chain, sprockets, and rear tire.
Front tire wears extremely odd, even though pressure is checked daily and it is balanced properly. Second new front tire.
Bike throws GoPro down the road at 65mph.
First accident on the street - low side in Austin at 30 mph. Clutch lever, bar end, shift lever.
Rear tire wears flat in the middle after only 2k miles, even with correct air pressure.
Trackday! New rear tire.
Second ever accident on a street bike, highside at MSRHouston.
Bent subframe, cracked tail fairing, bent clutch lever, bent gauge mount/fairing stay, bent fairing stays, broken upper fairing, ruined windscreen, broken master cylinder+reservoir, bent brake lever, battery ejected through the seat ripping out cables and a fuse block, ripped the holes from the seat mount, two bar ends, chain jumped the sprockets, bent and scraped rear grab bar, gigantic dent in the tank, ruined gauge shroud, ruined mirror stay things.
New master cylinder, new levers, epoxied rear fairing, new battery wiring, new holes to bolt the seat to the frame, had to cut the upper fairing to be able to mount it to the bent fairing stay, headlights are aimed pretty much completely up, left mirror is lower than the other, new bar ends. It still runs, so I'm riding it.
Week later
Bar end rattles off, license plate comes free, left rearset comes completely unbolted from the frame.
Find license plate and tie it to the bike using headphones. Tie rearset to the frame using headphones.
Rob bolts from project CBR bike to re-attach rearset. License plate still tied to bike with headphones.
Next day
Mirror falls off.

And that's all up until today. I can't wait to see what falls off next!

I also received my first ticket on a motorcycle on this bike. First ticket in SEVEN years. I had never even been pulled over on a bike before.

Someone please tell me I'm not the only person to own a cursed devil bike.[/QUOTE

My ex bought a new busa in 06... owned it 2 days and starter went out....for some BS reason took a month to get a new one. One week after getting it fixed some guy backed over it in a parking lot.....bike got fixed. He took it to dealership to go with different rubber on the rear.....dealership installed new tire then laid the bike down test driving it.... the list goes on and on till he got rid of it but ya....he seriously thought it was cursed...was too bad...he really luved that bike.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:47 PM   #8
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

SELL IT
Neon Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:22 PM   #9
debit_debit
Dat photoshoop

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Gsx-r 600
2005 Suzuki Gsx-r 600
1986 Honda VF500F

Don't tell that story to anyone you want riding on the bike with you..

Any curse is just in your head though. Exorcise it off the bike w/ positive thoughts. Think target fixation, the more you look in the direction you don't want to go, the more you drift over there..
debit_debit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:35 AM   #10
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Get rid of it... <shrug> the bike obviously doesnt like you.

Advertisement