Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2006, 02:31 PM   #1
paniro187

Feedback Rating: (0)

Observations

As this year comes to an end. I've been observing some things. tell me if anyone of you see the same things.

Guys: Is it me or is male fashion going more and more towards the women's side. I went to a club the other night and sat back and watch dudes with "popped" collars and like that and I'm like this ridiculous. Dudes thinking they are fly dude with well manicured nails which leads me to believe they are actually going and getting their nails done. Dudes wearing tight shirts pointy shoes and tight paints. 10 years ago the same people wearing these cloths would along with me be calling this stuff gay. I however still call it gay cause it looks gay to me. Dudes wearing pink shirts big sunglasses.......at night......sunglasses that look like womens sunglasses. I saw some of the hollister male clothing and to be honest that looks gay. All of it. structure used to be a store for men now they call it "EXPRESS, MEN" in the same vein as express which is a womans store they got rid of there more manly clothing and now have a bunch of sissy looking clothes. Dudes are getting their hair highlighted and coloured like a woman would do. Then the other night I saw some gay sounding man on tv selling wrinkle cream.........................FOR MEN!!! why are we at the point where a man is worried about wrinkles. You got men that are 30 acting like they are 20 hanging around in clubs with tight shirts and pointy shoes and tight pants hoping that someone realizes they work out a couple times a week.

Women: I told my dad the other day that I'm sure glad my wife and I got together early (high school) because I would HATE to be trying to find a woman with the way women are today. I'm rolling through myspace one day just looking at different women and mens profiles. Most women (and men) aren't even looking to have a family or anything like that. It's not that they are saying just not right now cause i can understand that. but they are saying they like kids but they don't want to have any ever. In talking with some ladies I know and from what i see from day to day society, women these days pretty much (even at a young age) have been banged so many times that it would suck to end up their husband. Chicks have had threesomes slept with two brothers been with other women and everything else by a very young age. Most women (and men) aren't looking to settle down at all. they probably will want to after they have started losing their beauty and finally figure they better stop chasing the ever elusive celebrity status they hope to achieve or think they deserve because of their looks. A virgin would be nice (I got lucky ) But women these days have been ran through ALOT.

Just my observations sorry just had to write it up. I suck at getting what i want to say into writing but this is the best i can do to get what's on my mind into words.

Anyone else have any observations??? Of course this isn't all women and men just a large number heck we can even say majority.

also why do people pay so much for clothing that looks like they don't care??? i see bummy pants that are 80 bucks and they look like some pants that are found in the dumpster. :dontknow:

Last edited by paniro187; 12-24-2006 at 02:34 PM.
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MSR H observations Truckin_Thumper Taking it to the Track 62 06-29-2013 01:14 PM
Observations of two track days in one week. grsa General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 11-20-2012 01:39 PM
Question on religion / observations on the Circus Patrick The Circus 136 11-22-2009 09:50 AM
My road trip observations kibitzer Off Topic 1 08-20-2009 12:31 PM
Daytona Superstock Observations (SPOILER!!!) CLETUS Taking it to the Track 2 03-10-2008 06:18 AM
Advertisement
Old 12-24-2006, 02:40 PM   #2
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
Guys: Is it me or is male fashion going more and more towards the women's side. I went to a club the other night and sat back and watch dudes with "popped" collars and like that and I'm like this ridiculous. Dudes thinking they are fly dude with well manicured nails which leads me to believe they are actually going and getting their nails done. Dudes wearing tight shirts pointy shoes and tight paints. 10 years ago the same people wearing these cloths would along with me be calling this stuff gay. I however still call it gay cause it looks gay to me. Dudes wearing pink shirts big sunglasses.......at night......sunglasses that look like womens sunglasses. I saw some of the hollister male clothing and to be honest that looks gay. All of it. structure used to be a store for men now they call it "EXPRESS, MEN" in the same vein as express which is a womans store they got rid of there more manly clothing and now have a bunch of sissy looking clothes. Dudes are getting their hair highlighted and coloured like a woman would do. Then the other night I saw some gay sounding man on tv selling wrinkle cream.........................FOR MEN!!! why are we at the point where a man is worried about wrinkles. You got men that are 30 acting like they are 20 hanging around in clubs with tight shirts and pointy shoes and tight pants hoping that someone realizes they work out a couple times a week.
can agree with all of it but the highlighted.. Express is a pretty tight store, they have alot of slacks which i get for work and nice jeans and button up shirts and belts for going out..

seriously... whats up with the pink? i dont know any guys that wear it but i've seen it alot... :confused1

shirt and jeans from express
515654540 m
shirt from express
936233815 m
Old 12-24-2006, 02:44 PM   #3
byob

^^^^^^^^^^^

the club scene is a joke now. i totally feel you on the male fassion going to . what ever happened to a polo, some descent jeans, and a fresh set of kicks? they got all these fruity flat, square tip boots now and they look as gay as gay could be. do some chics really dig that stuff? when a dude walks buy all abercrombied up like that, my girl and i just look and laugh amungst ourselves. if your an abercrombie fun boy and your reading this, your not cool and everyone thinks your gay.
Its better to have loved a short woman than to have never loved a tall
byob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 02:53 PM   #4
BrutusTx

Member Garage

This has nothing to do with your observation but here it goes anyway:

I do have one.......today my wife and I celebrate our 24th wedding aniv.
Some things have changed in 24 yrs.............and some have not. We're not the same people we were then in a lot of ways, but in the most important ways we are..........I like to think we're smarter but after raising 4 kids and now raising 3 of our grandkids, I'm NOT SO FLIPPING SURE!!!! It still takes a lot of work to raise kids, rich or poor you have to work at it every day, 24/7and in the end, when they are all grown up, you hope that they make some good decisions.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:24 PM   #5
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by byob
^^^^^^^^^^^

the club scene is a joke now. i totally feel you on the male fassion going to . what ever happened to a polo, some descent jeans, and a fresh set of kicks? they got all these fruity flat, square tip boots now and they look as gay as gay could be. do some chics really dig that stuff? when a dude walks buy all abercrombied up like that, my girl and i just look and laugh amungst ourselves. if your an abercrombie fun boy and your reading this, your not cool and everyone thinks your gay.

Ehhhh....I see your point a lilbit. I mean, all day I walk around in dickies blue khakis, dickies button down shirts and chuck taylor's.....but sometimes I do like to get dressed up every now and then and not look like a slob....:laughing6

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:31 PM   #6
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx
This has nothing to do with your observation but here it goes anyway:

I do have one.......today my wife and I celebrate our 24th wedding aniv.
Some things have changed in 24 yrs.............and some have not. We're not the same people we were then in a lot of ways, but in the most important ways we are..........I like to think we're smarter but after raising 4 kids and now raising 3 of our grandkids, I'm NOT SO FLIPPING SURE!!!! It still takes a lot of work to raise kids, rich or poor you have to work at it every day, 24/7and in the end, when they are all grown up, you hope that they make some good decisions.
24 years!!! congrats!!!!! brutus you rule!!

my parents made it 21... i do good to make it 2 weeks :laughing6
Old 12-24-2006, 04:58 PM   #7
Gigolo Jason

Bike(s):
BMW R1200C

Metrosexual

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrosexual

According to British journalist Mark Simpson, the trait of an urban male of any sexual orientation (usually heterosexual) who has a strong aesthetic sense and spends a great amount of time and money on his appearance and lifestyle. Simpson coined the term in 1994 in an article in the The Independent [1] after writing his book about contemporary masculine identity Male Impersonators: Men Performing Masculinity. Simpson described the effect of consumerism and media proliferation, particularly the menís style press, on traditional masculinity. Metrosexuals often can be seen sporting the latest in men's fashion. Hetero metrosexuals, though known to be heterosexual have what's known as a "camp" factor about them; in general slang terms, they are "camp but straight."

i.e.
metrosexual
Old 12-24-2006, 05:10 PM   #8
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

metrosexual

515654540 m
Old 12-24-2006, 05:51 PM   #9
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

:confused1
Old 12-24-2006, 06:01 PM   #10
Rick H.I.C.
Got Surf? Snow? Track?

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
03' 600RR, 05' CR125, 88'NSR 250

It's been getting more and more gay for some time. Between prison pants and all the gay TV , I can't find descent clothes anymore. It was hard enough before in my size. I guess if I wanted to go for the prison pants look I could buy oversized all day. :laughing6
Old 12-24-2006, 06:15 PM   #11
flip326
No likey, no bikey

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
'07 GSXR-750 (sold)
'05 zx6r Monster (sold)
'03 600rr track (sold)
'04 600rr Eurobet (sold)
'05 gsxr 600 (sold)

lol at some of the stuff i see at the mall.

whats up with the goth guys wearing pants that cut off circulation to their wangs? ive seen guys wearing tighter pants than the girls that they were with.
Old 12-24-2006, 06:34 PM   #12
Gigolo Jason

Bike(s):
BMW R1200C

I don't understand it myself.

I think they are all gay.

Some are just in the closet about it.
Old 12-24-2006, 07:09 PM   #13
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

I agree, some of the current styles are definitely very gay looking.

Styles change, as you get older some of the you see some of the younger guys wearing tends to look more silly.
No less silly are the guys who are trying to stay "hip" by wearing clothes that are out of character / age for them.

It's no less different than the 50 year old mom walking around Krogers with her half top, low rider jeans and thong hanging out.

As far as being in the dating world nowadays? I don't think I'd enjoy it much, seems like a lot of "high mileage" confused people out there.

Clyde,
Happy Anniversary and congrats!

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 07:22 PM   #14
SVmike
nuthin'

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
just a mtn bike now...

Send a message via AIM to SVmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd
metrosexual

515654540 m

i just wanna know why this(the original post) is in the "vids and pics" section

Last edited by SVmike; 12-24-2006 at 07:24 PM.
SVmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 08:40 PM   #15
byob

Magnum
936233815 m

Blue Steel
515654540 m
Old 12-24-2006, 08:44 PM   #16
byob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigolo Jason
Metrosexual

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrosexual

According to British journalist Mark Simpson, the trait of an urban male of any sexual orientation (usually heterosexual) who has a strong aesthetic sense and spends a great amount of time and money on his appearance and lifestyle. Simpson coined the term in 1994 in an article in the The Independent [1] after writing his book about contemporary masculine identity Male Impersonators: Men Performing Masculinity. Simpson described the effect of consumerism and media proliferation, particularly the menís style press, on traditional masculinity. Metrosexuals often can be seen sporting the latest in men's fashion. Hetero metrosexuals, though known to be heterosexual have what's known as a "camp" factor about them; in general slang terms, they are "camp but straight."

i.e.
metrosexual
so what your saying is these folks(metrosexuals) really aren't f@gs, they just like to dress like them. i'd say being a wanna-be f@g is worse than actually being one.

Last edited by byob; 12-24-2006 at 09:48 PM.
Old 12-24-2006, 09:41 PM   #17
Gigolo Jason

Bike(s):
BMW R1200C

Quote:
so what your saying is these folks(metrosexuals) really aren't ***s, they just like to dress like them. i'd say being a wanna-be *** is worse than actually being one.
Agreed

Now all we need to do is get a posse together and go down to Montrose and cruse the westside to go lynch some metrosexuals.

posse
Old 12-24-2006, 09:52 PM   #18
byob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigolo Jason
Agreed

Now all we need to do is get a posse together and go down to Montrose and cruse the westside to go lynch some metrosexuals.

posse
Old 12-24-2006, 10:46 PM   #19
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

Quote: