MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2006, 08:04 PM   #21
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

did somebody say *****?

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wtf..... Blitz General Discussion (Moto Related) 24 02-26-2010 02:31 PM
WTF chum600 Off Topic 3 02-15-2010 12:19 AM
WTF? dbuck Forum Updates & Feedback 7 10-05-2007 10:14 AM
WTF is going on?!?!?! Crystalline Forum Updates & Feedback 38 08-20-2007 01:50 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-24-2006, 08:30 PM   #22
byob

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash
did somebody say *****?
[IMG]http://img21.photobucket.com/albums/v64/LeoMulder/*****_Please.jpg[/IMG]
Its better to have loved a short woman than to have never loved a tall
Old 12-24-2006, 08:33 PM   #23
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

i moved this to the asylum so yall can have a responsible debate. MH does not agree with the use of racial words in a deragatory way.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:10 AM   #24
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

I didn't wanna jump in but I can't help myself.
On Oprah a while back they had a panel of high school kids, some black, some white. They told of how prom was coming and the black kids got together and said lets pool our money and rent a place and a DJ and have a prom with music we like. Kinda like a black kids prom that they would pay for, organize, etc.
The white kids thought that was a cool idea and did the same thing.
Nobody objected when the black kids put up flyers for the special prom they organized but when the white kids announced theirs... BOOM! They nearly had race riots and not just in the school but in the whole community.
Whats up with that?
Old 12-28-2006, 03:46 AM   #25
josh302

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
shotgun
rifle
4wd

ok, back in the day, most of the slaves that were imported were from Nigeria(their own peeps sold them) so the term came to be, they were nigers or the common pronouce of ******, so nothing derogatory meant by the word.

cracker: came from when the slave owners would "crack" their whip, commonly referred to as a "cracker". so nothing derogatory meant by the word.

Honkey: came from when people would drive thru lower class hoods and honk their horn.

So in all actuality any race or color of person could be a ******, cracker, and/or honkey.

thank you.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:55 AM   #26
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee
I didn't wanna jump in but I can't help myself.
On Oprah a while back they had a panel of high school kids, some black, some white. They told of how prom was coming and the black kids got together and said lets pool our money and rent a place and a DJ and have a prom with music we like. Kinda like a black kids prom that they would pay for, organize, etc.
The white kids thought that was a cool idea and did the same thing.
Nobody objected when the black kids put up flyers for the special prom they organized but when the white kids announced theirs... BOOM! They nearly had race riots and not just in the school but in the whole community.
Whats up with that?
they hsould hav enever been allowed to do that in the first place. neither race. if it's one school it's one prom.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
Old 12-28-2006, 09:13 AM   #27
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187
they should have never been allowed to do that in the first place. neither race. if it's one school it's one prom.
Yep

But I am curious.........why does this subject come up like once a month?:eh:
Same arguments almost everytime...........

Last edited by BrutusTx; 12-28-2006 at 09:22 AM.

Old 12-28-2006, 09:44 AM   #28
paniro187

I like when subjects like this come up on this board cause it shows alot of people on this board in their true light.

Old 12-28-2006, 10:19 AM   #29
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
I like when subjects like this come up on this board cause it shows alot of people on this board in their true light.
I suspect that it's the internet persona coming out with many of them:eh:

Old 12-28-2006, 10:25 AM   #30
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx
I suspect that it's the internet persona coming out with many of them:eh:
true they wouldn't dare say what they say on here. BUT like being drunk their Internet persona makes them say what they truly think. and not hold back because of real world repercussions

Old 12-28-2006, 10:28 AM   #31
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
true they wouldn't dare say what they say on here. BUT like being drunk their Internet persona makes them say what they truly think. and not hold back because of real world repercussions
Very true......

Old 12-28-2006, 10:32 AM   #32
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(

Quote:

You see...now what is implied or insinuated in this remark? Me....I can freely speak my mind in public about these topics to white, black, indian, muslim and hispanic people because I surround myself with understanding individuals.

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:37 AM   #33
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del
You see...now what is implied or insinuated in this remark? Me....I can freely speak my mind in public about these topics to white, black, indian, muslim and hispanic people because I surround myself with understanding individuals.
long as you know that while I'm surrounding you you don't speak like that. cause I'm not so understanding. I don't speak about other races in a certain way so i expect not to hear it from someone else. take it how you want.

Old 12-28-2006, 10:37 AM   #34
BrutusTx

Member Garage

I found out when I was about 10 yrs old............my very good friend didn't like me calling him a ******, no matter what the we we're talking about. The black eye I sported for 3-4 days was a good reminder.:eh:
I'm pretty hard headed but............that lesson sunk in pretty good.

Old 12-28-2006, 10:39 AM   #35
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del
werd. that's why it's hard to say a lot of things in public, people() don't know how to act and want to bring violence/hatred into every indiscretion or disagreement.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:40 AM   #36
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
werd. that's why it's hard to say a lot of things in public, people() don't know how to act and want to bring violence/hatred into every indiscretion or disagreement.
so that should teach you to shut the **** up.

Old 12-28-2006, 10:42 AM   #37
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton9698
"******" is a degrading term. IMO
I know alot of racist people, I went to a all white school for k-12th. they use the term "******" like they use the term , dickweed, , motherfukr, ect ect...

again.. ITS THE CONTEXT that matters. go read the rest of that posts in the thread where you got that from

/defense

my .02
I used the word in "slang" while out to lunch with a group of guys from work. We were riding back to the office listening to Eazy E and my phone rang. Well, I asked the guy driving (who was black), say "*****, can you turn the music down a lil' bit?" Anyhow, he apparently felt intimidated in front of two white guys that were with us and it resulted in me being written up at work (keep in mind we were off the clock and out of the office). We were cool cats too, he rides a Yamaha Warrior and we had ridden on the weekends several times. Nonetheless, you must be careful all the times. No matter how comfortable you are with people.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:42 AM   #38
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(

Quote:
long as you know that while I'm surrounding you you don't speak like that. cause I'm not so understanding. I don't speak about other races in a certain way so i expect not to hear it from someone else. take it how you want.

Well neither do I......I dont go around yelling cracker, ******, spick, or any other derogatory language like that. That's not me. But at the same time, it's hard to understand why a african american individual call's someone else "What up *****"? and there's no derogatoriness in that? Why can't they say "What's up brotha"? like back in the 70's or 80's?

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:44 AM   #39
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

Quote:
so that should teach you to shut the **** up.
i'm not going to shut up(on here) because there are bullies/meatheads(out there). you can't beat the pulp out of those who see differently than you on here, and it drives you crazy, doesn't it? a lot of the times when someone gets into a disagreement with you on here you talk about fighting them...that's immature, more immature than starting on the internet.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:47 AM   #40
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del
Well neither do I......I dont go around yelling cracker, ******, spick, or any other derogatory language like that. That's not me. But at the same time, it's hard to understand why a african american individual call's someone else "What up *****"? and there's no derogatoriness in that? Why can't they say "What's up brotha"? like back in the 70's or 80's?
I laugh when people try to tell someone not to take something a certain way. it's like if i had a brother that was handicapped and i called him gimp. and we laugh all the time. if someone else calls him gimp I would be upset. it's not for you to understand or make sense of just leave it alone. But to be honest I'm more of a "dawg" or "dude"man myself.............

Closed Thread