MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2012, 10:10 PM   #1
DLite
David

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'06 Triumph D675
'03 R6 (Track)
'07 HD Street Bob

Some people...

I saw one of my facebook friends post this today. I had to sigh a little bit, but I know he's not the only one who thinks this way.

Be careful out there...

Quote:
This weekend I have seen some of the WORST driving in Houston. Some of the highlights: A motorcyclist, not wearing helmet by personal choice, who thinks stop lights are perfect opportunities to move to the head of the line. Complete disregard for "sharing the road". Tell you what next time I see a nimrod like that, I'm going to open my door and ping him in the head as he "scoots up."
DLite is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Don't be mad at the white people, be mad at the right people! RACER X The Circus 8 12-25-2013 10:21 AM
Some people... CBR_TRAN Off Topic 14 09-05-2012 01:25 PM
I'm one of those people... ecclissiass Off Topic 13 10-11-2011 02:57 PM
Some people cobrakiller02 Off Topic 3 01-07-2010 10:57 PM
Cool People Helping People jrock General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 06-04-2008 11:42 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-09-2012, 10:13 PM   #2
LadyDuc

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'96 Ducati 900 SS SP
'99 Ducati 750 SS sold
'89 Honda NT650 GT Hawk sold
'94 Suzuki Katana 750 sold
Not a bike but almost as fun; '05 Dodge Neon SRT-4 ACR

Remind your friend two wrongs don't make a right. AND if he follows through on such an act, he's a jackass :mad:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2012, 10:27 PM   #3
Grimeybob

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'06 636 (SOLD)
'06 Triumph Daytona 675

"Wait, so because I did something that does not affect you in any way, shape, or form, you want to physically damage my property or myself? Makes logical sense, please proceed."
Grimeybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:34 PM   #4
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimeybob View Post
"Wait, so because I did something that does not affect you in any way, shape, or form, you want to physically damage my property or myself? Makes logical sense, please proceed."
This

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:36 PM   #5
xtelevisionset
Think Fast

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Suzuki GS500 2002

It affects my ego

I love it when people exceed the speed limit to pass me when I filter.

Until I'm parking in an ally just hoping that my is safe.

Last edited by xtelevisionset; 04-09-2012 at 10:39 PM.
xtelevisionset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:54 PM   #6
debit_debit
Dat photoshoop

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Gsx-r 600
2005 Suzuki Gsx-r 600
1986 Honda VF500F

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLite View Post
I saw one of my facebook friends post this today. I had to sigh a little bit, but I know he's not the only one who thinks this way.

Be careful out there...

Is filtering or lane-splitting legal in Texas?

It's not legal where I came from, so I've always err'd on the side of caution since I've been here.
debit_debit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:58 PM   #7
ZaXoS

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
R1100S
GSX-R
VFR 750
Africa Twin (XRV-750)
CB750-k1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimeybob View Post
Old 04-09-2012, 11:40 PM   #8
Daft Punk
HarderBetterFasterStonger

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'14 Ninja 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by debit_debit View Post
Is filtering or lane-splitting legal in Texas?

It's not legal where I came from, so I've always err'd on the side of caution since I've been here.
Its not legal, but it doesn't give people the right go all batman on you for doing it. Sadly this is how some people are, and I'd rather not put myself in that situation because next you know, you're on the hood of someones car trying to run you over.
Daft Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:48 PM   #9
Jonbones
MSRH Groundskeeper

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
gsxr 750 L1 (stolen)
Kawasaki Ninja 500R (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Punk View Post
Its not legal, but it doesn't give people the right go all batman on you for doing it. Sadly this is how some people are, and I'd rather not put myself in that situation because next you know, you're on the hood of someones car trying to run you over.
Why I roll strapped
Jonbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:05 AM   #10
debit_debit
Dat photoshoop

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Gsx-r 600
2005 Suzuki Gsx-r 600
1986 Honda VF500F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Punk View Post
Good to know.

The way I see it, someone driving 5-10 mph slower than the flow of traffic in the far left-hand lane is far worse than a motorcyclist filtering in stop-light traffic.

Wouldn't be surprised if some of those people raging at motorcyclists filtering are also the ones clogging up the left side of freeways..
Old 04-10-2012, 12:08 AM   #11
Track_Graphics

What gives bikers a pass on a law? Dood - it's illegal. Don't know how many times I've read about bikers meating out judgement on mirrors or fenders or door panels wether they hit you or not. You guys have even posted videos and cheered on the biker. No civilian has the authority to carry out sentence at any time. Don't care if you even got seriously injured to the point of death. Cagers about "bikers" and bikers about "cagers" and he is just a jerk for saying that, but a lot of us say it and some of us "do it".

Hey - we ALL know that lane splitting is illegal and not just on the highway. It's illegal everywhere. (meaning TX) When was the last time you had to wait in a long line and "didn't' get off when someone jumped in ahead of you even if they were just joining a friend? Nobody likes it and that's just what it's like.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:18 AM   #12
xtelevisionset
Think Fast

Bike(s):
Suzuki GS500 2002

It's not a discussion people like to have. Have the discussion with yourself and always use good judgement when you ride.

That's all I can say.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:51 AM   #13
debit_debit
Dat photoshoop

Bike(s):
2007 Suzuki Gsx-r 600
2005 Suzuki Gsx-r 600
1986 Honda VF500F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track_Graphics View Post
What gives bikers a pass on a law? Dood - it's illegal. Don't know how many times I've read about bikers meating out judgement on mirrors or fenders or door panels wether they hit you or not. You guys have even posted videos and cheered on the biker. No civilian has the authority to carry out sentence at any time. Don't care if you even got seriously injured to the point of death. Cagers about "bikers" and bikers about "cagers" and he is just a jerk for saying that, but a lot of us say it and some of us "do it".

Hey - we ALL know that lane splitting is illegal and not just on the highway. It's illegal everywhere. (meaning TX) When was the last time you had to wait in a long line and "didn't' get off when someone jumped in ahead of you even if they were just joining a friend? Nobody likes it and that's just what it's like.

I'm from out of state, so I didn't know.

Some states (and countries) make filtering and lane splitting legal, as long as it's not done recklessly. Reduces congestion in areas where there are a lot of motorcycle commuters and gets as many people moving to their destination and off the roads sooner.

Each region has its own road culture, I suppose. I was a bit surprised when I found out riding without a helmet is legal here..

Last edited by debit_debit; 04-10-2012 at 12:56 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:05 AM   #14
xtelevisionset
Think Fast

Bike(s):
Suzuki GS500 2002

Quote:

What gives black people the right to ride are the front of the bus?like

Laws change with the times. I like to consider the lane splitters the Rosa Parks of the new roads of America.

Good night and safe riding.

Old 04-10-2012, 01:10 AM   #15
Grimeybob

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'06 636 (SOLD)
'06 Triumph Daytona 675

Quote:

Exactly, it's illegal. Call the cops on me. But do NOT try to harm me or my property because I did something illegal that does not affect you in the least bit. Oh, I lane splitted in front of you? Cool, you're still going to get to where ever you were going at the exact same time as you would have, if I had not lane splitted in front of you. And most bikers who take mirrors off/kick doors/kick fenders, do so because the cager put them in danger. The topic that we are discussing does not put a cager in danger in any circumstance. If I happen to put a cager in danger while on the bike, your free to do whatever you feel to protect yourself. If you put me in danger while i'm on the bike, I'll do the same.

I can't speak for everyone, but i've never become that someone jumped in front of me when I was waiting in a long line. If there's an open space that you can safely merge into, by all means do. I have become when someone merges in front of me causing me to slam on the brakes or veer out of the way though. There is a difference. (Hint: One option put me in danger, the other did not.)
Grimeybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:22 AM   #16
Track_Graphics

Well you can get as as you want. And I do too when people do tuff like that. However, there is no judged going to except your "reasoning" for carrying out your violent actions as a form of making an pay for what he did wrong- car or cager. Argue all you want - it's illegal. And as far as being from a state where filtering is legal, try and see how far that will get you with a judge here. All of us have the "obligation" to know and obey every law before we get on the road, biker or cager, and none of us are granted the authority to carry out a sentence. Who of you in is right mind actually thinks the judge is going to justify you opening your door intentionally into someone no matter how much they deserve it. He's not even going to listen to your excuse if it's LEGITIMATE accident.

I'd like to know who has ever had a judge tell them - Yeah, he deserved the dent. I don't blame you. Ok, your free to go.

I'd like to see what the judge actually tells the ex-biker, sitting in a wheel chair from having a door opened on him for illegal lane splitting, and the the cager that opened it. Both are in the wrong. ESPECIALLY since this guy already admitted to a premeditated crime. Holy , if he actually follows through, can you imagine being in his shoes when the prossicution brings this posting up as evidence????

All of us, cagers and bikers are obligated to know and follow the law and none of us have the authority to meat out what we feel is justice.

GrimeyBob - I'm sorry but I don't think expressing how off your are by kicking off a mirror is something you can use as protecting yourself. No one has the right to intentionally damage anything because you're , biker or cager, even if it involves death. That authority belongs to the judged only. Yes - of course the cager desparately deserves it, but it's just simply not up to you.

Last edited by Track_Graphics; 04-10-2012 at 04:23 AM. Reason: forgot the "e"
Track_Graphics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:59 AM   #17
Track_Graphics

.......making an pay for what he did wrong- car or cager...... oops -
That shoule read "biker or cager".
Old 04-10-2012, 06:26 AM   #18
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:

Be careful out there...
now you know what non-bikers think of bikers and their selfish acts.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:28 AM   #19
bradtx

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
1998 Triumph T595

The problem with filtering in a region where it isn't legal is none of the people in cars are expecting a motorcycle to share their lane and they're usually quite startled and then often angry when it happens.

My son was transferred to San Francisco and while he became comfortable filtering through traffic, there is a protocal to it and most drivers know to look for someone filtering.

Brad
Old 04-10-2012, 07:32 AM   #20
Thayleal
GingerBrawp CMRA #369

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2006 SV650s (Sold)
2003 SV650s (sold)
08 Ninja250 BRAWP bike (For Sale)
08 Ninja250 Racebike(Sold)
2007 SV650S(Streetbike)

Quote:

Be careful out there...
I think maybe some education in etiquette [see spelled it correctly there].. yes its illegal for us to do but out of respect for the human condition in general... lets not kill/harm each other. Be angry, shake your fist, whatever makes you feel better as long as you don't cross that line. I am pretty sure most religious and government bodies frown on Violence, especially violence born from anger.

Motorcycles are like women... once you ride one... you wanna ride em all.
Thayleal is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement