MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2012, 04:11 PM   #61
chase
LOCTITE

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6

Its something to do with him and that bike not getting along. It isn't the broken leg, bc he was still using a walking cane while going over a second faster than all the wsbk riders on a spec R1 after surgery. I wish he would've stayed on the Yamaha to retire, bc watching a 7 time motogp world champion go out as a back marker really sucks. Maybe watching Simoncelli die has spooked him, but I think the majority of the blame falls on the desmo. He has made the bike faster for other riders, but it still won't hold up where Rossi is strongest, corner entry on the brakes.

Posted using Tapatalk
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Next round motogp: Indianapolis!!! hfa3g11 General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 06-27-2007 05:25 PM
Next MotoGP round results? hotcknstrips Taking it to the Track 8 03-27-2006 11:09 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #62
andygill17

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'99 sv 650 bobber race bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase View Post
20ad2a52 b802 12ca

....you were saying??

He has been racing for Ferrari for years, this year he signed to race an endurance series starting this weekend at Monza in a prepped 458 Italia.

Posted using Tapatalk

I was saying... show me a link to where it says that he signed for a full season of GT car racing THIS year. Not just a picture from a race he did in 2009.
You might be correct, but I couldn't find anything on the interwebz to confirm your story.
andygill17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #63
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Quote:
Its something to do with him and that bike not getting along. It isn't the broken leg, bc he was still using a walking cane while going over a second faster than all the wsbk riders on a spec R1 after surgery. I wish he would've stayed on the Yamaha to retire, bc watching a 7 time motogp world champion go out as a back marker really sucks. Maybe watching Simoncelli die has spooked him, but I think the majority of the blame falls on the desmo. He has made the bike faster for other riders, but it still won't hold up where Rossi is strongest, corner entry on the brakes.

Posted using Tapatalk
I believe there is a schism between Vale and the engineers. He knows how to R&D and get the bike tested. At this point my faith is shaken in Rossi as a rider and Burgess' ability to set the bike up.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:59 PM   #64
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...acer/8897.html

Try again. You guys should really do more research before you come on here trying to correct me lol.

Posted using Tapatalk
I don't believe he was driving for Ferrari on this occassion and nothing indicates that in this article.....
and apart from the F1 tests clarify driving for ferrari for years
if i missed it i'd like to read about it and i've googled

Quote:
Originally Posted by alrova View Post
Let me correct you one more time lol
Has doesn't race and hasn't race for FERRARI, he is racing as a wildcard his OWN 458 Italia. He WILL race for ferrari now with his own car but this time backed by Ferrari.
my understanding too
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:16 PM   #65
ivancuriel
Sancho Pedotes

Feedback Rating: (4)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha R6 Raven.
2012 Yamaha R1 Moto GP Edition

ivancuriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:41 PM   #66
kenup283

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

The only good Moto2 races are when Iannone is dicing it up, when he's not they really are'nt as exiting.

Marques was out of line, he needs more than a slap after that move. But who else has the kind of backing he does. The guy did so much testing last year they had to rewite the rules.

His post race interview was a bunch of BS about beign passed hard. He ran this guy off the track dilebrtly. Plain as day even if it happend at night. His championship unraveld last year of his own doing when he rammed into the back of a stoped rider after the end of the session.

Rossi and his crew chief were way out of line back when they were mouthing off about Casey not riding the Duc hard enough and thay they'd have the front end fixed in no time... Jokes on them. Rossi wanted the 1000cc, saying 800 were biggest mistake. I suppose he made an even bigger one.

The world is convinced that Ducati no longer have the best bike even though it is the fastest. Had Stoner been on it that would not be the case.

Ducatic will get tired of taking the blame here and allow Rossi to contiue digging himself a hole he cannot get out of.

As for Ferrari, they don't tollerate drivers that talk bad about their cars, I'm affraid Rossi current display with the press would'nt gel well at all.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:33 AM   #67
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivancuriel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenup283 View Post
The only good Moto2 races are when Iannone is dicing it up, when he's not they really are'nt as exiting.

Marques was out of line, he needs more than a slap after that move. But who else has the kind of backing he does. The guy did so much testing last year they had to rewite the rules.

His post race interview was a bunch of BS about beign passed hard. He ran this guy off the track dilebrtly. Plain as day even if it happend at night. His championship unraveld last year of his own doing when he rammed into the back of a stoped rider after the end of the session.

Rossi and his crew chief were way out of line back when they were mouthing off about Casey not riding the Duc hard enough and thay they'd have the front end fixed in no time... Jokes on them. Rossi wanted the 1000cc, saying 800 were biggest mistake. I suppose he made an even bigger one.

The world is convinced that Ducati no longer have the best bike even though it is the fastest. Had Stoner been on it that would not be the case.

Ducatic will get tired of taking the blame here and allow Rossi to contiue digging himself a hole he cannot get out of.

As for Ferrari, they don't tollerate drivers that talk bad about their cars, I'm affraid Rossi current display with the press would'nt gel well at all.
what goes round comes around, marques will get his, probably at the hands of iannone, who will then get penalised

I'm interested to here Burgess talk about the problems that are dragging everybodies reputation into the crapper, including his!!
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement