Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2012, 10:31 PM   #21
Chuckster

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha R1

Rossi possibly saw promise in the Ducati design. That and the offer of a large contract is probably what did it. Problem is, Ducati doesn't have the advantage of a motor that is easy on tires as it does in WSB. I think it probably has the muscle to keep up down the straights but loses out in the corners.
Chuckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Next round motogp: Indianapolis!!! hfa3g11 General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 06-27-2007 05:25 PM
Next MotoGP round results? hotcknstrips Taking it to the Track 8 03-27-2006 11:09 AM
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2012, 10:43 PM   #22
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Moto3 starting grid sounded a lot like TMGP!

Marquez move was legit.. I wanted Luthi to win it though.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:44 PM   #23
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
OH, and I love that tire wear is back to playing a part in MotoGP!!! Race strategy FTW!
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 04-08-2012, 11:19 PM   #24
houmax

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
ZX14
RSV R
K1200GT
VMAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1308cc View Post
Moto2 was amazing race. Motogp was ok, Stoner definetly hd the faster bike, but he wore his tires too soon. I can't wait for the next race.
+1 Moto2 much more fun to watch today.
houmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:47 PM   #25
R6-Rider
CMRA Expert #704

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
2011 Yamaha R6

Haven't watched Moto3 yet

Moto2 Marquez is the best racer there. He will be champion this year just like he should've been last season. He is the kid to beat!! his move on Luthi was nothing but clean. If he didn't like it then why be out there racing. Luthi should've just backed off or try to slow down to get him in another turn.

Rossi isn't done. Hopefully they get the POS Ducati going good In the next few races and find a setup close or better to the one from the Sepang test where he was just .7 off stoners times. If not Hopefully Rossi will get another ride with some other team next season.

As you see Hayden qualified good and finished 6th in the opener and that's good! Next race in Jerez hopefully things get better for Ducati.
R6-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:15 AM   #26
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Not so much tire wear as electronics and chatter.

Sad to say but it's got to the point where the engineers have as much if not more control over the race as the riders.

You can hear and watch expecially the Hondas.. Stoner was just whacking the throttle open mid corner and the motor was flat while the traction control was waiting..

I would really like to see some of the electronics pulled out and the real "riders" allowed to show their stuff, but that won't happen.

Stoner had severe arm pump from the chatter and so did Spies... all due to a bad electronic setup on the bikes.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:46 AM   #27
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

havent watched moto3 yet...moto2 pretty much picked up where it left off with all the position changes, hoepfully iannone keeps things interesting up front

motogp was ehhh, same as last yr with a few getting away at the front.. cal made a good showing aswell as hayden and edwards being the top crt rider. hopefully spies will get things worked out, hayden continue to improve his duc and rossi....well idk, lol
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
rob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:59 AM   #28
Chuckster

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha R1

I read a post that spies had crashed 2 times that weekend and under the new 1 bike limit, was racing the same bike so it was giving him issues.
Old 04-09-2012, 07:28 AM   #29
Vegas Kid

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
07 R6-sold
12 TTR 50

Interesting read on CRT....for those of us who didn't really understand the whole thing

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/817/11...n-MotoGP-.aspx
Vegas Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:30 AM   #30
675Raisinator

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2012 Triumph 675
2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Track scooter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6-Rider View Post

Moto2 Marquez is the best racer there. He will be champion this year just like he should've been last season. He is the kid to beat!! his move on Luthi was nothing but clean. If he didn't like it then why be out there racing. Luthi should've just backed off or try to slow down to get him in another turn.

Rossi isn't done. Hopefully they get the POS Ducati going good In the next few races and find a setup close or better to the one from the Sepang test where he was just .7 off stoners times. If not Hopefully Rossi will get another ride with some other team next season.

As you see Hayden qualified good and finished 6th in the opener and that's good! Next race in Jerez hopefully things get better for Ducati.
i think ducati did as well as they did bc qatar has one of hte longest straights of all hte tracks which allowed them to keep up ... tighter track will see them fall behind
675Raisinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:00 AM   #31
Lucar

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
I read a post that spies had crashed 2 times that weekend and under the new 1 bike limit, was racing the same bike so it was giving him issues.

^^ this.. saw he went down qualifying at qatar
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:05 AM   #32
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucar View Post
^^ this.. saw he went down qualifying at qatar
And it was only his second time racing that track....ever.
WSBK doesn't race there.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:17 AM   #33
Grinchy

Feedback Rating: (15)

Bike(s):
'prila

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
Not so much tire wear as electronics and chatter.

Sad to say but it's got to the point where the engineers have as much if not more control over the race as the riders.

You can hear and watch expecially the Hondas.. Stoner was just whacking the throttle open mid corner and the motor was flat while the traction control was waiting..

I would really like to see some of the electronics pulled out and the real "riders" allowed to show their stuff, but that won't happen.

Stoner had severe arm pump from the chatter and so did Spies... all due to a bad electronic setup on the bikes.

Only rider in history who only loses a couple of tenths with arm pump, I call BS on that....
more like he paid for being the only top flight rider who didn't run full race simulations in practice and testing!!! unlike Jlo who did so many Ryder lost count....
madness

and you know my view, remove all the rider aids
Grinchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:30 AM   #34
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckster View Post
The MotoGP class doesn't have a single bike rule (yet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
WSBK doesn't race there.
Yes they do. Spies got Pole position and won both races his first time at the track with WSBK.

CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Old 04-09-2012, 10:00 AM   #35
Chuckster

Bike(s):
2006 Yamaha R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC View Post

The MotoGP class doesn't have a single bike rule (yet)

Sorry, takes efffect for the 2013 season. Spies had posted on twitter that he was using the same bike. Possibly a team decision to go with 1 bike.

Yes they do. Spies got Pole position and won both races his first time at the track with WSBK.

WSB dropped Qatar in 2010 - Spies first year in MotoGP. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Spies only have 1 year in WSB taking rookie of the year and world title? Either way, he would have ridden the track every year from 2009 to present as '09 was the last WSB year and MotoGP opeing round has been there for some time now.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #36
Tumper
Hullo

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2004 Speed Triple SE
01 KLR650,
93 Dyna Wide Glide
11 BMW F800GS
Cannondale F-4...

1. What do you think of Moto3? Think WWII fighter planes, loved it!!
2. Marquez's move on Luthi??? Iffy at best,
3. Is Rossi done? Doubtful, but he is making a lot of excuses... And if the bike is that bad, then why is Hayden able to fight for better positions... Too early to tell though..
Old 04-09-2012, 12:17 PM   #37
THE DEAN OF LEAN
CMRA/WERA #171 AMA#771

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
GSXR 600 Race Bike

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6-Rider View Post

his move on Luthi was nothing but clean. If he didn't like it then why be out there racing. Luthi should've just backed off or try to slow down to get him in another turn.
have you ever raced? If so, I bet you would change your comment here. While Marquez is a great rider he is too aggressive at times. He could have passed Luthi any time he wanted. He didnt have to do it the way he did it. He basically pushed Luthi off track. And if you see the way he swerved into other riders, same thing Herrin got sat down for. I think they should encourage him to do things a little less agressively. Not saying he is dirty, just very aggressive.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:38 PM   #38
andygill17

Bike(s):
'99 sv 650 bobber race bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post
Only rider in history who only loses a couple of tenths with arm pump, I call BS on that....

and you know my view, remove all the rider aids
because he's a bad ! even with the chatter and severe arm pump, he was able to pull a gap after he backed off. To still get 3rd (and lead the majority of the race) with arm pump so bad he couldn't even get his gloves off at the end of the race is impressive

and I agree with taking off at least some of the rider aids, but then stoner would just win by that much more. we all know what happens when lorenzo rides without TC....
jorge lorenzo laguna seca crash highside 2011
andygill17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:02 PM   #39
chase
LOCTITE

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
07 yamaha R6

Ducati started developing this bike last year when Rossi was sucking, he was racing on the 1000 frame with an 800cc engine. They had a head start on everyone, it isn't money related they just don't know what the they are doing over there I guess. Rossi is leaving motogp soon, he already raced intermittently for Ferrari and he signed for a full GT season this year, he is headed for car racing. Most of the front runners had traction control turned down, and to the guy who posted the pic of jlo flying lets see what you do mid corner and the TC just shuts off without warning. Stoner has crashed on a sighting lap, not gonna bring that up? Lol

Marquez' pass was not dirty, but it could've been a lot cleaner. He intentionally made it so luthi couldn't charge back.
Posted using Tapatalk
Old 04-09-2012, 01:42 PM   #40
Lucar

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
WSBK doesn't race there.
too bad.. I was expecting a better performance by spies as well as rossi's.. maybe in jerez

somehow I kinda believe is some sort of strategy to conserve engine.. either yami and Duc do it.. still holding higher positions on the table with the other team racers.. what you think ?

Last edited by Lucar; 04-09-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement