MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Introduction Forum
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #21
whomikedao
Physicist

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
'09 Kawasaki Ninja 250r(sold)
'05 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636(sold)
Honda Rebel 250

Welcome to Texas, Houston, and our community! I'm glad you chose a 250 than a SS 600cc like some other people. Save around 500+ for your gear because it sure is expensive but well worth it. I also have a 250 so welcome to the Ninja 250r club
whomikedao is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MH Member--Rider Down Jonbones General Discussion (Moto Related) 50 11-10-2012 09:05 PM
Is this rider a member of the forum? customminds General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 04-05-2012 08:32 PM
Forum Time BuffaloRider13 Forum Updates & Feedback 2 11-18-2008 12:49 PM
What's up with the time in the forum? TxVrod Forum Updates & Feedback 30 08-01-2006 02:18 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-06-2012, 05:21 PM   #22
BaoPee
12 yr old Asian boy

Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

gear

motorcycle unlimited
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93

two wheels toys
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=170

house of paint
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=106

then

track days

ride smart
http://www.motohouston.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97

info@halffastgroup.com
BaoPee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #23
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

Velcom.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:42 PM   #24
DuckySTi
SE Asian

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'12 Diavel "Little Red"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimli View Post
I live in SE Houston (Clear Lake, Friendswood, Webster, Kemah, etc.), so if anyone lives nearby, we should meet up and hang out. Would love to get to know you guys and make some friends here.
Welcome to Houston. I am in the SE as well (Friendswood). We have meets every Tuesday. So look out for the SE meet in the Meets and Ride section. I believe next week is going to be at Brick House Tavern in Galveston (we rotate location weekly). You should come by to check out some 250s that are around the SE area.

Again, welcome, and gear up.

Last edited by DuckySTi; 04-06-2012 at 06:45 PM. Reason: spelling
DuckySTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:28 PM   #25
CBR_TRAN
Another Short Asian

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2007 Cbr600rr
1972 cb450 (cafe under construction)
2008 Kawasaki 250r (sold)

do you have a clipboard where you just copy and paste this for all the new memebers?
CBR_TRAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:33 PM   #26
Morphish
Fast for a Commuter

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2004 Suzuki Katana B12
2005 Triumph Rocket ]I[
1983 Honda GL1100 (sold)

I started on a 1200. Not recommended.

Just about every 250 I see advertised has been dropped at least once. I'm not saying you won't be able to find a non-dropped one, but since you will probably tip it over in the driveway at some point before you sell it and move up, it might be nice to get that damage done by someone else so you get to buy it with a lower price.

As for the crack in the left fairing from the bike you linked - very fixable if you want to put in a little time.
Morphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:03 PM   #27
OpnCskt
OpnCskt

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 600 (Wrecked)
2008 GSXR 600

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimli View Post
Thanks to all, you make me feel very welcome

I found this post on craigslist, but it looks like he bought bikes that maybe dropped/scratched and then fixed them himself, doesn't it? Do you think I should give it a test ride at least?

http://houston.craigslist.org/mcy/2938109907.html
THAT!!!! Click this link... scroll to bottom of the page "See My Other Bikes" Click that link... look at his * * * * * 2008 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 LIMITED EDITION-BU​Y IT CHEAP * * * - for $2600... this is a good deal!!! and it looks NICE it has a good Aftermarket Exhaust on it too!!! get this one my friend!
OpnCskt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:11 AM   #28
gimli

wow, everyone is so welcoming, I feel like home already

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomikedao View Post
Welcome to Texas, Houston, and our community! I'm glad you chose a 250 than a SS 600cc like some other people. Save around 500+ for your gear because it sure is expensive but well worth it. I also have a 250 so welcome to the Ninja 250r club
Never thought gears could be that expensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
...good plans...I started on a 50 moped.
I am actually driving my friends scooter to and from work right now (only about 5blocks away from home though), so

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckySTi View Post
Welcome to Houston. I am in the SE as well (Friendswood). We have meets every Tuesday. So look out for the SE meet in the Meets and Ride section. I believe next week is going to be at Brick House Tavern in Galveston (we rotate location weekly). You should come by to check out some 250s that are around the SE area.

Again, welcome, and gear up.
tks for letting me know. If I don't work that day or I can get out early, I will definitely come. I am a waiter at a local restaurant now so I don't get out until 8-9pm, if I get night shift that day. If you guys ever eat at the 888 bistro (Bay Area/ El Camino Real one), let me know and I'll give you some discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphish View Post
I started on a 1200. Not recommended.

Just about every 250 I see advertised has been dropped at least once. I'm not saying you won't be able to find a non-dropped one, but since you will probably tip it over in the driveway at some point before you sell it and move up, it might be nice to get that damage done by someone else so you get to buy it with a lower price.

As for the crack in the left fairing from the bike you linked - very fixable if you want to put in a little time.
tks, will definitely check this one out and hopefully I can nail it

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpnCskt View Post
THAT!!!! Click this link... scroll to bottom of the page "See My Other Bikes" Click that link... look at his * * * * * 2008 KAWASAKI NINJA 250 LIMITED EDITION-BU​Y IT CHEAP * * * - for $2600... this is a good deal!!! and it looks NICE it has a good Aftermarket Exhaust on it too!!! get this one my friend!
It's Salvage title though. As a new (and inexperience rider), salvage title bike does scare me a bit
gimli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:41 PM   #29
Davekg
Honda Rider

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 CBR

Davekg is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement