MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Safety Corner > Gear Talk
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #1
TattooLost
Too Far Away!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'12 Kawasaki Ninja 650
'02 Honda CBR600 F4i (sold)

Yeeeessssssssss!

Well, disregard my earlier whining post about the helmet! I will have it again after all. It took some work and some good advice from a friend, but I've now got a red and black Scorpion Burst helmet on the way.

After the suggestion of a friend, I looked up the helmet sizes and the use of the liners. According to Scorpion's website, the XS-M use the same shell with different liners, and the L-XXL use the same shell with different liners. So, after looking at the XL helmet on eBay for over a week and drooling, I bought it, and ordered a Large leopard print liner! (I know, I know, leopard print. Hey, there are no Red large ones, and I've still got punk rock roots!)

Now, to work on saving up and finding a good deal on some sidi boots and I need to figure out some good riding pants. Search on here to follow!
Old 04-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #2
chevy42083

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
'09 XB12scg
'07 650r Stolen/recovered

huh... i could've sworn I posted that in your other thread.

Yeah, that's how I've gotten a cheaper HJC carbon helmet... ordered an xs, swapped the liner and kept the tighter cheek pads.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:56 AM   #3
TattooLost
Too Far Away!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'12 Kawasaki Ninja 650
'02 Honda CBR600 F4i (sold)

Right on. Glad I found out able that. Helmet is one it's way, along with the right sized liner and a nice dark faceshield. Now I can start looking for other gear!

Advertisement