MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2012, 02:16 PM   #81
Jonbones
MSRH Groundskeeper

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
gsxr 750 L1 (stolen)
Kawasaki Ninja 500R (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Kid View Post
You know that you should wear clothes under those leathers right? Think of it as a jacket.
No I know that, but the same issue with new shoes: socks are sweaty when they've been in your shoe before you try on new ones, and I would think that one would tend to get sweaty under leathers, and sweat through the clothes that they are wearing under them.
Jonbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chevron gas making my bike run hot? MotoSkates General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 01-07-2015 07:12 AM
W FMR 10.12.12 RR and maybe Forest dudewhrsmybike Events, Meets and Rides 45 10-12-2012 04:04 PM
Kansas approves bill making it legal for bikes to run red lights. eltejano General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 02-27-2011 01:09 PM
Toys for Tots Run 12/12/09 CMA.ZOMBIE Events, Meets and Rides 0 12-10-2009 12:27 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2012, 02:18 PM   #82
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

you don't want a bunch of clothes under leathers.. they need to be tight enough they won't bunch up if you go down. Most people wear underarmor or similar.
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #83
Vegas Kid

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
07 R6-sold
12 TTR 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
you don't want a bunch of clothes under leathers.. they need to be tight enough they won't bunch up if you go down. Most people wear underarmor or similar.
Yes, UA heat gear FTW!
Vegas Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:23 PM   #84
mkgsxr
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600 "TRACK "
03 XR70 PIT

User is banned

mkgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:25 PM   #85
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlurch View Post
Unless you are playing around with late apexing, you have to be going 120+ in the turns on RR to even be anywhere close to needing pucks.. and you DON'T wanna be touching down at those speeds....

I'll say again, odds are you are not anywhere near as close to your knee as you think, unless you are really hanging off sticking your leg out TRYING to get it down.
I play with late apexing, but that's because I want to win the RR race...
Quote:
Originally Posted by imma_stocker View Post
Anyways.... I got a couple pics on my phone. If someone cares enough to see them I can text or email it you. Left side of the bike is trashed!

I was directly behind him when he went off roading. Coming on a left he passed me on the inside at the last second. Basically looked like he forgot to turn or locked his brakes, skidded onto gravel then cartwheeled in the grass. This is exactly why I was taking straights slow leading the pack Another perfect example of, "its better to be slow on the road then fast off."

If anybody knows the guy or has his number I'm interested in seeing what he wants for it "as is." Tossing around the idea of a drag bike after my two ongoing projects.
slow in straights, faster in turns is the way to do it.

Post up the pics, I'm sure we are all interested.

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:26 PM   #86
mkgsxr
Banned

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600 "TRACK "
03 XR70 PIT

User is banned

Old 04-03-2012, 02:29 PM   #87
Vegas Kid

Bike(s):
07 R6-sold
12 TTR 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkgsxr View Post
Here is the pic of the guy who went down.

Did he have knee pucks???

4-1-12 Making the RR run

Could have prevented all that damage with some bedliner paint...Just sayin
Old 04-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #88
Jonbones
MSRH Groundskeeper

Bike(s):
gsxr 750 L1 (stolen)

^^ that's after we pulled it out of the chain link fence

and mkgsxr-

I'm not trying to argue with you, just that I would rather have the gear and not need it--and the getting older bit was about that I don't feel like taking the stupid chances that I used to when I was younger, meaning I'd rather have the gear before I really try to push the limits. I don't go crazy on public roads, but as we all know, we push it harder than posted limits through RR, and the other few twisties we have around here--before I get to the level of knowing I need knee sliders, I'd just like to have them in the event that I end up touching. I'd love to get out to the track, and really see what I'm capable of, and I plan on doing so over the summer, or early fall, depending on work, and what not.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:36 PM   #89
mkgsxr
Banned

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600 "TRACK "
03 XR70 PIT

User is banned

Last edited by mkgsxr; 04-03-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:41 PM   #90
green600
HG Chairperson

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Then that guy is going to have to go out to some podunk court and explain fraudelant tags.... That should be REAL fun. It will make the whole wrecked bike problem seem insignificant.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:57 PM   #91
bluepine

In a way, it's my fault as well. As both Jason and I both rode RR before, without knowing much about the other riders, we had more confidence on the turns and worked the corners not too crazy but slightly agressive. Then, a dude with a couple of beers on him squeezed in between Jason and I, and the guy who fell who happened to be the friend tried to keep up with the three of us without realizing his skill limitation. Realizing the insecurity of couple of riders, onto the last lap, Jason and I made sure to control the pace, but the the guy with the zx14 kept pushing hard on the straights and making inconsistant turns, up to point where he passed Jason right before the turn, and couldn't manage the entry.
Actually, Jonbone rode his ride by keeping his pace at the end of the pack all the time. This is what the zx14 guy should have done. I think going forward, i am gonna stick to rides put together by more experienced and organized people such as Bevo, Rykoson, and Ivan among many.
Jon, not that you did wrong by putting this ride together. Just that I wanted to do RR again, and couldn't do it in the morning and your time worked out great for me. But didn't realize you had limited number of helps to assist in making this a safe ride. Next time, consult with some more experienced guys out there and make sure to have a leader, a sweeper and at least extra one or two more people to regulate the pace. This will make all of Us safer out there, hence end the weekend in happier note. Sunday was all great, and we did have a blast. But having one of the guys in the pack crash, although he is ok, left a bitter taste after such great day. And yes, you should definitely do a track day. I rode bikes over 20 years in and out, but never realized how bad i was until i had my first track day last year. I am planning to do at least one track day per month this year. And don't need to jump up the level. Will keep doing level one to keep practicing and trying to make everything from body position, entry, exit, defining line, and so forth to come out as naturally as possible. Good luck brother!
bluepine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #92
Vegas Kid

Bike(s):
07 R6-sold
12 TTR 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepine View Post
In a way, it's my fault as well. As both Jason and I both rode RR before, without knowing much about the other riders, we had more confidence on the turns and worked the corners not too crazy but slightly agressive. Then, a dude with a couple of beers on him squeezed in between Jason and I, and the guy who fell who happened to be the friend tried to keep up with the three of us without realizing his skill limitation. Realizing the insecurity of couple of riders, onto the last lap, Jason and I made sure to control the pace, but the the guy with the zx14 kept pushing hard on the straights and making inconsistant turns, up to point where he passed Jason right before the turn, and couldn't manage the entry.
Actually, Jonbone rode his ride by keeping his pace at the end of the pack all the time. This is what the zx14 guy should have done. I think going forward, i am gonna stick to rides put together by more experienced and organized people such as Bevo, Rykoson, and Ivan among many.
Jon, not that you did wrong by putting this ride together. Just that I wanted to do RR again, and couldn't do it in the morning and your time worked out great for me. But didn't realize you had limited number of helps to assist in making this a safe ride. Next time, consult with some more experienced guys out there and make sure to have a leader, a sweeper and at least extra one or two more people to regulate the pace. This will make all of Us safer out there, hence end the weekend in happier note. Sunday was all great, and we did have a blast. But having one of the guys in the pack crash, although he is ok, left a bitter taste after such great day. And yes, you should definitely do a track day. I rode bikes over 20 years in and out, but never realized how bad i was until i had my first track day last year. I am planning to do at least one track day per month this year. And don't need to jump up the level. Will keep doing level one to keep practicing and trying to make everything from body position, entry, exit, defining line, and so forth to come out as naturally as possible. Good luck brother!
Already in the morning? Sad...
Old 04-03-2012, 03:03 PM   #93
mkgsxr
Banned

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600 "TRACK "
03 XR70 PIT

User is banned

Old 04-03-2012, 03:10 PM   #94
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepine View Post
Def not your fault imo...

Maybe should have told the guy to slow down if you notice him riding over his head...

But he should have also realized this...it's too bad bikes like busas and zx14 come equipped with a lot of ego...

On a lighter note, what is up with the ton up meet?

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 04-03-2012, 03:11 PM   #95
bluepine

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkgsxr View Post
Drinking and riding should never be done. This is a result of it!!!
Zx14 rider didnt drink. His friend did.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:15 PM   #96
bluepine

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
Def not your fault imo...

Maybe should have told the guy to slow down if you notice him riding over his head...

But he should have also realized this...it's too bad bikes like busas and zx14 come equipped with a lot of ego...

On a lighter note, what is up with the ton up meet?
Ton-up is on second Wednesday of each month. But i am going to California next week. There is another cafe meeting on Shepperd on thursdays. Gonna have to find out. If you ok, we can go out this Thursday night.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:46 PM   #97
NewRider

Bike(s):

I'm down like a syndrome.

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 04-03-2012, 03:54 PM   #98
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbones View Post
I'm weird about wearing stuff other people have worn...I won't buy a new pair of shoes unless they appear to have not been tried on before, or if they were laced up before, and are missing the paper in the ends...

The fact that it's leather makes me want to have my own that much more, knowing how much I sweat in jeans makes me wonder how many other pairs of have ridden in and sweat upon those leathers before mine
That's why you wear Under Armour type shirts and cycling shorts under your leathers, plus sometimes you just have to be a man

Last edited by Bevo; 04-03-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:58 PM   #99
Lucar

Member Garage

this thread keeps getting weird by the post...
Lucar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:09 PM   #100
Jonbones
MSRH Groundskeeper

Bike(s):
gsxr 750 L1 (stolen)

So then I says to Maybelle, I says " Lets get drunk, drag some knee, wear used leathers and make the RR run, and crash the zx14's, it'll be wicked awesome"

Advertisement