Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2006, 01:18 PM   #1
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Taser bill

What does everyone think of a bill to ban taser use in Houston. Below is an article for those who aren't following.

"Hurt (Houston Police Chief) said his department has a good Taser-use policy. Tasers were used 892 times between December 2004 and October 2006. In 39 instances, officers involved would have been justified in pulling a gun and shooting someone instead of stunning them, Hurtt said."

Last time I checked 39 out of 892 is only 4%!!!

http://chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4415888.html

Personally, I think many police are using their taser as a substitue for patience.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Taser Fights TonyKmK87 Off Topic 2 09-17-2011 07:53 AM
bill got a microchip in his ....just for a laugh...we miss you bill urbanXJ Off Topic 15 05-05-2010 01:29 PM
SO, I BOUGHT ME A TASER.............. FastLine Off Topic 47 10-08-2008 08:50 AM
Taser CAN kill!!! Crystalline Off Topic 21 11-15-2007 07:10 PM
taser oopsie bentgixxer Off Topic 7 08-31-2006 10:19 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-20-2006, 01:36 PM   #2
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974
Personally, I think many police are using their taser as a substitue for patience.
Personally, I'll take the Taser over getting shot with a 9 anytime.
And from personal experience the taser doesn't leave ANY scars
Old 12-20-2006, 01:41 PM   #3
Brena23
Mothernugget

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000

The taser does leaves scars when cops take it to far and shot someone in the back of the neck leaving them in the hospital in a comma for several months for that person to finally come out of the comma and have the inteligance of a 7 year old.... Reason behind being tasered... not a single freaking one... we got pulled over because he was speeding they asked my friend to get out of the car and he did he threw his cigarette out and the cop said he THOUGHT he was throwing it at him.... I do not like tasers at all because cops do not have to deal with the aftermath and are more willing to use them than they would a gun ... Even on people that do not need one used on them!

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Brena23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 01:45 PM   #4
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brena23
The taser does leaves scars when cops take it to far and shot someone in the back of the neck leaving them in the hospital in a comma for several months for that person to finally come out of the comma and have the inteligance of a 7 year old.... Reason behind being tasered... not a single freaking one... we got pulled over because he was speeding they asked my friend to get out of the car and he did he threw his cigarette out and the cop said he THOUGHT he was throwing it at him.... I do not like tasers at all because cops do not have to deal with the aftermath and are more willing to use them than they would a gun ... Even on people that do not need one used on them!
As you said.......IF you take it too far. I don't have any scars, the inteligance part.......I may act like a 7 yr old sometimes but it has nothing to do with the taser.:confused2
Old 12-20-2006, 01:47 PM   #5
Brena23
Mothernugget

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000

Yea in most cases I think it is better than a gun for sure but they are not trained properly on them!~

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Brena23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 01:50 PM   #6
civicious

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
TZR250

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974
Tasers were used 892 times between December 2004 and October 2006.
...and 476 of those times were by that cop that went batshit crazy at Walter's on Washington a few months back
10541 FM 1960 W #300 - (281) 477-3038
http://www.idbracing.com
civicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 02:17 PM   #7
MadseasoN

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx
Personally, I'll take the Taser over getting shot with a 9 anytime.
Me too. But, a police officer is 10 times more likely to use a taser in leiu of patience or skill to subdue someone. It's become an unneccesary tool of convenience.

Last edited by MadseasoN; 12-20-2006 at 02:20 PM.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 03:40 PM   #8
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

I don't see any inherent problem with the taser itself, it's just a tool. Maybe the problem is with the operator of the taser. Cops can get a little overzealous with their hands, knees and batons too. (and squad cars in Harris Co.) If some cops are a little too quick to use the taser maybe they should be reevaluated.
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 02:16 AM   #9
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Maybe there should be more severe consequences when a taser is used.
What I mean is, when a cop fires his gun they have a LOT of paper work and explaining to do. Maybe it should be similar for taser use.
It could be similar but they DO seem to be pretty casual with whippin out the ol' taser.
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 03:31 AM   #10
josh302

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
shotgun
rifle
4wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brena23
shoot back, you do have the right to defend yourself.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:55 AM   #11
AliceInChains02

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

keep the tasers, get rid of the cops.
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement