Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
lucydad

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2007 Kawasaki EX 500
1971 Honda 175 Scrambler
1967 Honda Mini Trail 50
1966 Honda Super 90

Question Brazos Cycles, Hwy 90 near Richmond?

MH,

Riding on Saturday I spotted this shop, they appear to mainly sell and service Arctic Cat ATVs. But they also build some custom bikes, and do bike service. They have a nice website. Since they are much closer to my house than Mancuso SW, I am thinking about taking my Kawa EX500 into them to change out the brake fluid, check the brake pads, do a general inspection, and maybe add some LEDs. Does anyone have comments on this shop, and their service reputation?

thanks,
Lucydad
lucydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hwy 90 open SilverBullet General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 07-05-2012 06:27 PM
construction trap Hwy 90 south of Hwy 6 lucydad Safety Corner Main 2 03-26-2012 08:48 AM
anyone round HWY 6 / richmond? GAU-8 Off Topic 25 07-28-2009 12:06 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-26-2012, 04:22 PM   #2
sullivan

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2008 Ninja EX650R
2005 Yamaha YZ250F

PM Patrick on the forums, he is in north houston. House of Paint Tony is good.

These are the only guys I can recommend in Houston, I do maintenance myself. sent you a message
Old 03-26-2012, 04:29 PM   #3
the_ruckus
Literally Satan

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
2001 Ducati Monster M600

I've had them do a couple of oil changes and clean the carbs on my Monster. No problems with the oil changes, but they did a half-assed job cleaning my carbs and it took a bit longer than I was told to expect. Nice people, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
I might replace you with an orange cone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
Natural selection just high fived poor judgement.
the_ruckus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:57 AM   #4
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

yep, bought my hyosung from them as my first bike when they were still a dealer for them. everytime i had service done there i ended up redoing about half the work. for example, when my engine dropped a valve and was replaced under warranty, they left out the rubber bushings from the engine mounts.

after test riding a bike ( 2 model years old, a 2007 model in 2009, still "new" at the time) that kept dying on me, they accused me of "revving the out of it" while it was "still on break-in oil" and burning the valves (never mind the fact that they had a 2 year old bike they had swapped pipes on, not rejetted, and was STILL ON BREAK IN OIL). i haven't been back since picking my bike up (with them completing NONE of the service it was taken in for).
Old 03-27-2012, 10:04 AM   #5
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

since it won't let me edit anymore, what I should've typed (for clarification):
Quote:
yep, bought my hyosung from them as my first bike when they were still a dealer for them. everytime i had service done there i ended up redoing about half the work. for example, when my engine dropped a valve and was replaced under warranty, they left out the rubber bushings from the engine mounts. took the same bike in about a year later to have the valve clearances checked (about a $400 service) and they just flat didn't do it, told me they didn't know I wanted it done, when it was the ONLY reason I took my bike in.

The last time I took a bike there, I test rode a Hyo GT650 at Bill's (the owner) urging. This was a 2007 model demo bike that I'm riding in 2009, so at least 2 model years old. I live just off Pitts Rd. over there, so rode the bike up 90 and onto Pitts, just wanting to take it through the neighborhood. It kept dying on me at every stop, and finally stopped starting. Called them, they picked the bike up, and for the next several days when I called to ask about the status of my bike could never get Bill on the phone. When I went in they accused me of "revving the out of (the demo bike)" while it was "still on break-in oil" and burning the valves (never mind the fact that they had a 2 year old bike they had swapped pipes on, not rejetted, and was STILL ON BREAK IN OIL). I haven't been back since picking my bike up (with them completing NONE of the service it was taken in for).
Old 03-27-2012, 10:16 AM   #6
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

they are 2-3mi from the house

i goto M/U
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #7
lucydad

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2007 Kawasaki EX 500
1971 Honda 175 Scrambler
1967 Honda Mini Trail 50
1966 Honda Super 90

Roger that, message received.

Hence is why I value this forum so much.

Much appreciated!!
lucydad is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement