MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2012, 04:58 AM   #121
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
But then I see you run him off the road and I don't condone that so I run you off the road, but then someone sees me run you off the road and they don't condone that so they run me off the road, but then someone sees them run me off the road and they don't condone that so they run that guy off the road, but then someones sees that that guy run the other guy off the road and they don't condone that so this guy runs that guy off the road, but then someones sees that that guy run the other guy off the road and they don't condone that so this guy runs that guy off the road, but then someones sees that that guy run the other guy off the road and they don't condone that so this guy runs that guy off the road, but then someones sees that that guy run the other guy off the road and they don't condone that so this guy runs that guy off the road, but then someones sees that that guy run the other guy off the road and they don't condone that so this guy runs that guy off the road, but then someones sees that that guy run the other guy off the road and they don't condone that so this guy runs that guy off the road...

Now we're all in the ditch trying to get somewhere while going nowhere, but the motorcycles can't lane split because there are no lanes. Except now they can go all over the place. COMPLETE CHAOS!!! People whizzing by left and right. Pandemonium ensues. Now we're all screwed and nobody gets anywhere on time. Way to it up for everybody.

Then you realize the lane splitter had a valid reason, but you didn't stop to ask him before you ran him off the road. Now you have egg on your face. Egg covered in ditch water. That is one stinky egg, my friend.
Come on now, you know a least one person would get shot in the face in your scenario
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oil on 610 CraigRR General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 07-11-2015 09:59 PM
610 groupe ride 4/4 macmills Events, Meets and Rides 28 04-03-2014 04:51 AM
610 Loop PB125 General Discussion (Moto Related) 55 07-11-2009 10:21 AM
Did a 610 Loop maiden ride last night Quicksilver General Discussion (Moto Related) 74 01-09-2009 07:32 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-27-2012, 05:03 AM   #122
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtelevisionset View Post
I used to ride the various freeway's of Houston as a delivery guy every single day.
Hey brother, don't listen to these fools. I appreciate you getting my pizza to me hot and fresh
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:42 AM   #123
7cain
Resident Ginja

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'02 ZX6R

Member Garage

I didn't want any arguments, this was just my introduction thread.[/QUOTE]

Well done sir! Don't let these guys get to you, I don't lane split but that was a nice video. You have made one of an intro thread, kinda like poking a stick in an ant bed. Thanks for providing a little entertainment for us, keep up the good work!
FELIS DEMULCTA MITIS (translation: A stroked cat is gentle)
7cain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:44 AM   #124
DepPravacion
The Re-Incarnate

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2005 CBR 600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
Statistics show that it is still illegal in Texas, and therefore motorists are NOT prepared for you to be doing that like the would be in other parts of the world.

Also, I would rather spend 6 minutes in heavy traffic than 20-25 minutes in heavy traffic. The time span for something to go wrong shrinks significantly.
So would everyone else. What makes you special?[/QUOTE]

yup, people are already dumb, throw in the variable that you are splitting lanes just adds to the risk factor.

its a lot different in places where it is common, here in philippines its very common so there is not really much of an issue, its completely acceptable.
DepPravacion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:00 AM   #125
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Come on now, you know a least one person would get shot in the face in your scenario
It wasn't a plot for a movie, Bevo. You dirty old man. Oh...not that kind of shot...
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:19 AM   #126
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Samurai View Post
I enjoy breaking the law and being "Stupid". Thats my decision...rights come and go...I mean we do live in America.

Textbook example of what's wrong with this country.
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:29 AM   #127
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
Textbook example of what's wrong with this country.
I'm not so sure on this one. His SN is Neon Samurai. I just get this mental image of a dual light saber wielding samurai carving his way through traffic like a molten Tasmanian devil. Powered by a force more powerful than any infestation of midichlorians, he would be tapped into the the only unlimited energy source in all of known existence.

Stupidity.

It would flow through him like chunky vomit running down the side of a pristine porcelain toilet in the back of a Montrose dance club. Channeled by the indomitable will that only the most IQ challenged of people seem to possess. He cannot be stopped by simple applications of logic or reality. Those banal, authoritarian constructs have no place in the glorious telling of his daily tale. His might would only be rivaled by those arduously complex puzzles of life such as...thinking...
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:32 AM   #128
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Oh, come on.

Dangerous?

This is a common practice ALL over the world and is a technique endorsed by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation.

Statistics show that motorcycle rear end collisions are much lower when a rider is splitting lanes through heavy traffic rather than moving in it.Also, I would rather spend 6 minutes in heavy traffic than 20-25 minutes in heavy traffic. The time span for something to go wrong shrinks significantly.
Proof?
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:49 PM   #129
eckzwolfe

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 Honda CBR600RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkgsxr View Post
Obed Stfu
'
eckzwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:11 PM   #130
Tojo92
AKA Mongo

Feedback Rating: (7)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1994 Ducati 900 SS/SP
2003 Honda CRF450R motard
2002 Husqvarna NOX
2001 KTM Duke II

I don't lane split here in Texas, mainly because I know someone with EBD (Excessive Bubba Disorder) will eventually swerve into the space I want to occuppy, just like the dipshit who stated earlier that he'd run the OP off the road (yes, I mean you...).

I did lane split all around Monterey CA while there for the Moto GP races. I only did this when a "local" led the way, otherwise I waited. It was nice, and the cagers actually moved over for us in MANY more scenarios than I expected. Not just near the track, all over the areas we rode. I do wish Texas would make it legal. Even when they do, I will probably wait for a few year's delay before participating due to the EBD fellows that will linger. The law may be on our side eventually, but it won't make you less injured or dead.

As for the OP, it's obvious you have a unique skill set and I will say it is impressive. I do hope you stay safe, although I would be concerned with eventually running into that EBD fellow (or the dipshit who posted he'd run you off the road in true e-thug style...yeah I did it again).

Staton
CMRA#665 (neighbor of the beast)
The Problem - Endurance
Tojo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #131
m0t0b1t

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 4

Quote:
Sup, guys.

New here.

Here is a video of me a few months ago. My bike was out of commission for a while, and now I'm finally riding again after three months.

I'm curious to see if there are any other lane splitters out there, because I don't ever see them!

http://youtu.be/tslpGWhZZnU?hd=1
no arguments, i actually found this thread as a I periodically search to see where the Texas bill or new bill or committee is at with lane sharing in Texas. I would love to see it made legal. I have asked a few officer buddies of mine & they all had different answers to what they call "based on the situation", whether they would ticket the rider.

As for your questions: Personally I have lane shared a few times but have not found the need most of the time. When I do lane share, its because there is abnormal gridlock, via an out light, accident and etc.. At that, i take it slowly 5 mph, because i am a chicken at the speeds you did it. I more or less will go in between when the traffic is not moving, then find an opening in a lane & stop there & repeat the process. If its a right turn and the guy in front does not turn, i will share there to make the turn.
m0t0b1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:59 PM   #132
nrdixie

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2004 Triumph Speed Four

Member Garage

Lane splitting in CA is legal. No helmets in texas is legal. Both are dangerous so why is it legal?
nrdixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:17 PM   #133
Joshua42007

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
06' GSX-R 1000

You should be careful while lane splitting around here, the ice cream will turn to in seconds.

Welcome to MotoHouston
Joshua42007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement