Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2012, 01:38 PM   #101
Chubby Racer
The Confusion

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'07 R6
'02 KLX110(tarded)

Send a message via ICQ to Chubby Racer Send a message via AIM to Chubby Racer Send a message via MSN to Chubby Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Chubby Racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtelevisionset View Post
Statistics show that motorcycle rear end collisions are much lower when a rider is splitting lanes through heavy traffic rather than moving in it.
Statistics show that it is still illegal in Texas, and therefore motorists are NOT prepared for you to be doing that like the would be in other parts of the world.

Also, I would rather spend 6 minutes in heavy traffic than 20-25 minutes in heavy traffic. The time span for something to go wrong shrinks significantly.[/QUOTE]

So would everyone else. What makes you special?
A motorcycle is a joy machine. It's a machine of wonders, a metal bird, a motorized prosthetic. It's light and dark and shiny and dirty and warm and cold lapping over each other; it's a conduit of grace, it's a catalyst for bonding the gritty and the holy.

CMRA #302
Chubby Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oil on 610 CraigRR General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 07-11-2015 09:59 PM
610 groupe ride 4/4 macmills Events, Meets and Rides 28 04-03-2014 04:51 AM
610 Loop PB125 General Discussion (Moto Related) 55 07-11-2009 10:21 AM
Did a 610 Loop maiden ride last night Quicksilver General Discussion (Moto Related) 74 01-09-2009 07:32 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-26-2012, 02:05 PM   #102
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene View Post
if it was me, i would probably run you off the road. i do not condone lane splitting unless you really have good reason to.
But then I see you run him off the road and I don't condone that so I run you off the road, but then someone sees me run you off the road and they don't condone that so they run me off the road, but then someone sees them run me off the road and they don't condone that so they run that guy off the road, but then someones sees that that guy run the other guy off the road and they don't condone that so this guy runs that guy off the road, but then someones sees that that guy run the other guy off the road and they don't condone that so this guy runs that guy off the road, but then someones sees that that guy run the other guy off the road and they don't condone that so this guy runs that guy off the road, but then someones sees that that guy run the other guy off the road and they don't condone that so this guy runs that guy off the road, but then someones sees that that guy run the other guy off the road and they don't condone that so this guy runs that guy off the road, but then someones sees that that guy run the other guy off the road and they don't condone that so this guy runs that guy off the road...

Now we're all in the ditch trying to get somewhere while going nowhere, but the motorcycles can't lane split because there are no lanes. Except now they can go all over the place. COMPLETE CHAOS!!! People whizzing by left and right. Pandemonium ensues. Now we're all screwed and nobody gets anywhere on time. Way to it up for everybody.

Then you realize the lane splitter had a valid reason, but you didn't stop to ask him before you ran him off the road. Now you have egg on your face. Egg covered in ditch water. That is one stinky egg, my friend.
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:08 PM   #103
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios View Post
thats some poor reflexes right there. that bike had plenty of time to react and stop.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:03 PM   #104
Neon Samurai
3090 MotoGP Champion

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Streetfighter (sold)
2012 Triumph Speed Triple R
2008 Triumph Sprint ST (Sold)
2014 BMW s1000R
2012 Aprilia Tuono (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
maybe i am just old, maybe i have lost my sense of humor... but several times i have seen folks post that what the rider does is his right... this old man calls bullshit...
if you are on your own property you can ride like you want and no matter how risky, it would indeed be your right...but on a public road riding in a way that is against the law, a way that puts other folks in danger IS NOT YOUR RIGHT...it is selfish and stupid, and i have to admit that everytime i see someone do that i pray that they get busted and get the largest fine possible...if it were not unsafe, i would get out my cell phone and call it in...but then again if you go the it is there right to ride like they want i guess you think it is my right to take my attention off the road and use that phone to call it in...
I enjoy breaking the law and being "Stupid". Thats my decision...rights come and go...I mean we do live in America.
Neon Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #105
Lokati
Not-a-squid

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
06 ZX6r (the last of the 636)
----------------------
Previously owned (most recently at least):
09 ZX10r, 08 250r, 08 Busa, 07 GSXR 600, 06 CBR 600rr, a couple 50s, 02 R6, '00 Mille, '00 R1

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtelevisionset View Post
Oh, come on.

Dangerous?

This is a common practice ALL over the world and is a technique endorsed by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation.

Statistics show that motorcycle rear end collisions are much lower when a rider is splitting lanes through heavy traffic rather than moving in it.
Also, I would rather spend 6 minutes in heavy traffic than 20-25 minutes in heavy traffic. The time span for something to go wrong shrinks significantly.
Could we get some more cool videos of you lane splitting? Preferably at some high rates of speed, I really want to learn how to do it.
Lokati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #106
mkgsxr
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600 "TRACK "
03 XR70 PIT

User is banned

mkgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:24 PM   #107
Urban Ninja
Phuc Dat

Bike(s):
Yamaha FZR600

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
But then I see you run him off the road and I don't condone that so I run you off the road, but then someone sees me run you off the road and they don't condone that so they run me off the road, but then someone sees them run me off the road and they don't condone that so they run that guy off the road, but then someones sees that that guy run the other guy off the road and they don't condone that so this guy runs that guy off the road, but then someones sees that that guy run the other guy off the road and they don't condone that so this guy runs that guy off the road, but then someones sees that that guy run the other guy off the road and they don't condone that so this guy runs that guy off the road, but then someones sees that that guy run the other guy off the road and they don't condone that so this guy runs that guy off the road, but then someones sees that that guy run the other guy off the road and they don't condone that so this guy runs that guy off the road, but then someones sees that that guy run the other guy off the road and they don't condone that so this guy runs that guy off the road...

Now we're all in the ditch trying to get somewhere while going nowhere, but the motorcycles can't lane split because there are no lanes. Except now they can go all over the place. COMPLETE CHAOS!!! People whizzing by left and right. Pandemonium ensues. Now we're all screwed and nobody gets anywhere on time. Way to it up for everybody.

Then you realize the lane splitter had a valid reason, but you didn't stop to ask him before you ran him off the road. Now you have egg on your face. Egg covered in ditch water. That is one stinky egg, my friend.

LOL.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:39 PM   #108
obed
TMGP Pimp

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Samurai View Post
I enjoy breaking the law and being "Stupid". Thats my decision...rights come and go...I mean we do live in America.
rights do not come and go... choices and violation of rights do...
you need to learn the difference between choices and rights...
what you do with your own stuff on your own land is your right... what you do on public property is not a right, it is a privilidge and can be taken away, and you can pay the penalty for the violation of public rights....
if what you do hurts or endangers others then not only is it stupid, it is selfish...if you have a wife and children and behave in the fashion that the op did,then you are saying your moments of selfish pleasures are more important than your wife and children...what you are saying is that you are still a child and are ignoring your responsibilities as a man...what you call a decision is making a choice that ignores your responsibilities and the rights of those around you..but then again you did say you were stupid and far be it for me to argue with you on that point
Old 03-26-2012, 05:42 PM   #109
mkgsxr
Banned

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600 "TRACK "
03 XR70 PIT

User is banned

Old 03-26-2012, 06:19 PM   #110
kibitzer
Donkey punch 2 the soul

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2007 CBR600RR
02 XR100(tarded)
07 CRF50 (mini tard)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkgsxr View Post
Obed Stfu
That's not very polite.
kibitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:40 PM   #111
xtelevisionset
Think Fast

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Suzuki GS500 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by po-po 5.0 View Post
Statistics show that it is still illegal in Texas, and therefore motorists are NOT prepared for you to be doing that like the would be in other parts of the world.

Also, I would rather spend 6 minutes in heavy traffic than 20-25 minutes in heavy traffic. The time span for something to go wrong shrinks significantly.
So would everyone else. What makes you special?[/QUOTE]

Listen man, it's not illegal in Texas. There is a house bill in committee right now that is supposed to legalize lane sharing specifically for motorcycles. It is currently neither legal nor illegal.

I didn't want any arguments, this was just my introduction thread.
xtelevisionset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #112
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Listen man, it's not illegal in Texas. There is a house bill in committee right now that is supposed to legalize lane sharing specifically for motorcycles. It is currently neither legal nor illegal.

I didn't want any arguments, this was just my introduction thread.
Yes it is illegal, you need to pay more attention to the current laws.... and that 'bill' is long and buried.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:12 PM   #113
mkgsxr
Banned

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600 "TRACK "
03 XR70 PIT

User is banned

Old 03-26-2012, 07:15 PM   #114
the_ruckus
Literally Satan

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
2001 Ducati Monster M600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
And a lot of luck as someone could change lanes at the same moment you're right beside them.

woops
Is that Christian Bale?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
I might replace you with an orange cone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
Natural selection just high fived poor judgement.
the_ruckus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #115
xtelevisionset
Think Fast

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Suzuki GS500 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric View Post
Yes it is illegal, you need to pay more attention to the current laws.... and that 'bill' is long and buried.
Each time it has gotten buried, a new one is put out and is sent to committee again.

Not to mention it is safer to split lanes in heavy traffic.

Not only is that proven by recent statistics from around the globe, including California, but also I have experienced it first hand. I used to ride the various freeway's of Houston as a delivery guy every single day. I have had too many close calls from people merging into my lane while traveling with the cars. After I started splitting lanes, I have had 0 close calls at all.

I did this every day. Several hundred miles a week.

Last edited by xtelevisionset; 03-26-2012 at 07:24 PM.
xtelevisionset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:33 PM   #116
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Trackdays: 7

Nice video...I do it at a slower pace...just to keep moving, especially, in the summer..

BTW! prayers sent in advance...

(I make Joke)
Old 03-26-2012, 07:41 PM   #117
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

popcorn

Darwinism. Believe!

Old 03-26-2012, 07:54 PM   #118
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Each time it has gotten buried, a new one is put out and is sent to committee again.
and it gets stuck in comittee again...

Quit trying to present yourself as some kind of second coming. Your stinks like everyone elses.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:54 PM   #119
the_ruckus
Literally Satan

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
2001 Ducati Monster M600

This is such a shame. That was such a nice video.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
I might replace you with an orange cone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog22 View Post
Natural selection just high fived poor judgement.
the_ruckus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:43 AM   #120
jin

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki Ninja 1000

I've forwarded your information to the local police. Enjoy your impending arrest.

Just kidding.
jin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement