MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2012, 01:25 AM   #61
xtelevisionset
Think Fast

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Suzuki GS500 2002

Rykoson, that video is what I consider to be insane, but that guy is mad talented.
xtelevisionset is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oil on 610 CraigRR General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 07-11-2015 09:59 PM
610 groupe ride 4/4 macmills Events, Meets and Rides 28 04-03-2014 04:51 AM
610 Loop PB125 General Discussion (Moto Related) 55 07-11-2009 10:21 AM
Did a 610 Loop maiden ride last night Quicksilver General Discussion (Moto Related) 74 01-09-2009 07:32 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2012, 02:01 AM   #62
xtelevisionset
Think Fast

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
Suzuki GS500 2002

Sry for double post, but cannot find the edit button right now.

This video is what I consider to be a triple a rider. AAA+

This is the best video I've seen so far.

xtelevisionset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:16 AM   #63
mkgsxr
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600 "TRACK "
03 XR70 PIT

User is banned

mkgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:32 AM   #64
bun1t

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
Gen 4 ZX10R
Honda Grom

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtelevisionset View Post
Ah, man.

Yeah sometimes they get pretty , today went pretty smooth for me.

Ya know. I kind of like the dangerous aspect of it.
Makes me feel ALIVE!
Yeah man, riding your bike through a 4 foot space. You're living on the edge bro.

bun1t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:07 AM   #65
mkgsxr
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600 "TRACK "
03 XR70 PIT

User is banned

mkgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:08 PM   #66
rhenriksen

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'07 GSXR-750 (sold)
'07 Bandit 1250
'03 CBR 600 racebike (parting out)
2013 Ducati Streetfighter 848
1984 Honda V65 Sabre (stolen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
And a lot of luck as someone could change lanes at the same moment you're right beside them.
When I lane-split between thousands of cars when I rode full time for a year in CA, I never had that happen... because if I came up upon a car who had open space in the lane next to them, I wouldn't blow right past them on the white line.

I'd slow down, move *into* that open space, proceed forward past the car in question, *then* get back onto the white line and get on w. my lane splitting.

Followed a guy one time who didn't follow that process, and he almost got hit two or maybe three times in the 5-10 minutes I was following him. It was both sad & comical at the same time. He'd get so mad at the cager, shake his fist, then whack open the throttle and zip off, only to almost get hit again...

It's not lane splitting that's dangerous, it's being an idiot. That'll always get you in the end.
rhenriksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:12 PM   #67
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastola View Post
Must be our up govt. (alot of same ppl who watch dancing with the stars, voting block wise) who says "No you cant do that". Soo FTP.... I mean i wouldnt expect them sorry (not on a personal level) or the feds to get money from illegal immigrants or other citizens who dont have enough integrity to keep work in this country. Also, clearly try to wreck me like an for lane splittin and your sideview mirror goin byby. Most laws make me sick, like some people i see with drivers license is unfuckn believeable. Their prob. Driving a prius or a work truck with a trailer.

<<<< Professional hater #1
Huh?

I can't really tell what you're trying to say here about lane splitting on 610. Grammar works well when trying to get your point across in typed text - perhaps a few more commas and semicolons, or periods.

Also, formulating a thought and keeping your paragraph on topic would help a little, too.

Oh, you're a hater? Nevermind.

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #68
Squoddybody
This is me.

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
Custom 2003 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhenriksen View Post
It's not lane splitting that's dangerous, it's being an idiot. That'll always get you in the end.
TRUTH!

follow me on IG - squoddybody
Squoddybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #69
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhenriksen View Post
When I lane-split between thousands of cars when I rode full time for a year in CA, I never had that happen... because if I came up upon a car who had open space in the lane next to them, I wouldn't blow right past them on the white line.

I'd slow down, move *into* that open space, proceed forward past the car in question, *then* get back onto the white line and get on w. my lane splitting.

Followed a guy one time who didn't follow that process, and he almost got hit two or maybe three times in the 5-10 minutes I was following him. It was both sad & comical at the same time. He'd get so mad at the cager, shake his fist, then whack open the throttle and zip off, only to almost get hit again...

This isn't CA and TX drivers aren't used to lane splitting. The OP's video shows him splitting when there's space for a driver to change lanes. just sayin'
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:42 PM   #70
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

the short bus will have more than one on it, not being alone in what you do does not mean it is the smart thing to do.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:57 PM   #71
the_laydown
Bored

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2012 Husky SMR511

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by obed View Post
the short bus will have more than one on it, not being alone in what you do does not mean it is the smart thing to do.
and having an opinion the same as the majority doesnt mean its the right one.
not attacking you Obed your post was most convinient.
i just dont like how everyone assumes their way is the right way. legal / illlegal, safe / unsafe. its his buisness and yeah he did post about it but like other have said ride how you wanna ride.

Just my opinion
the_laydown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:09 PM   #72
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_laydown View Post
and having an opinion the same as the majority doesnt mean its the right one.
not attacking you Obed your post was most convinient.
i just dont like how everyone assumes their way is the right way. legal / illlegal, safe / unsafe. its his buisness and yeah he did post about it but like other have said ride how you wanna ride.

Just my opinion
man i do not generally take things personal, it is the internet...
in this case my way is the right way... lane splitting in california is a whole different game than lane splitting here... there it is legal, there the cagers are used to it... here it is very danerous and down right stupid, as much because of the cagers as the rider,,, and it is against the law... and if goes wrong no matter if the cager does something stupid like panic from your unexpedted move and causes a wreck... you get the ticket and the blame... lane splitting here earns you a spot on the short bus...the reality is here in texas lane splitting makes the lane splitter wrong... i have over 47 years of riding experience and have seen most everything that can happen, happen..i have lost many family and friends while riding... and i could eat it tomorrow.... when i say lane splitting is stupid, it is not just an opinion, it is the reality of riding in texas..
Old 03-25-2012, 05:17 PM   #73
the_laydown
Bored

Bike(s):
2012 Husky SMR511

Member Garage

Im sure he knows of the risks. He has the choice. we all do...
i personally have never lane split, ive sat in the rush our chit many times. just not for me but i dont bag anyone who wants to do it i dont care if u do it on one wheel at 150MPH.
Old 03-25-2012, 05:18 PM   #74
the_laydown
Bored

Bike(s):
2012 Husky SMR511

Member Garage

and having been to california recently that whole 15 or 20MPH thing yeah right they do it way faster.

Last edited by the_laydown; 03-25-2012 at 05:18 PM. Reason: SP
Old 03-25-2012, 05:24 PM   #75
grsa

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
V-Strom 650
Triumph Sprint ST 1050
Moto Guzzi Breva 750ie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
This isn't CA and TX drivers aren't used to lane splitting. The OP's video shows him splitting when there's space for a driver to change lanes. just sayin'
In CA do they teach the cagers that motorcycles can lane split so you would be aware of them doing that? Or is it just legal to lane split and the cagers still really don't know. On the + side so many people moving hear from CA that more of the drivers should be aware of it.
grsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #76
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

maybe i am just old, maybe i have lost my sense of humor... but several times i have seen folks post that what the rider does is his right... this old man calls bullshit...
if you are on your own property you can ride like you want and no matter how risky, it would indeed be your right...but on a public road riding in a way that is against the law, a way that puts other folks in danger IS NOT YOUR RIGHT...it is selfish and stupid, and i have to admit that everytime i see someone do that i pray that they get busted and get the largest fine possible...if it were not unsafe, i would get out my cell phone and call it in...but then again if you go the it is there right to ride like they want i guess you think it is my right to take my attention off the road and use that phone to call it in...
Old 03-25-2012, 05:29 PM   #77
the_laydown
Bored

Bike(s):
2012 Husky SMR511

Member Garage

Quote:
maybe i am just old, maybe i have lost my sense of humor... but several times i have seen folks post that what the rider does is his right... this old man calls bullshit...
if you are on your own property you can ride like you want and no matter how risky, it would indeed be your right...but on a public road riding in a way that is against the law, a way that puts other folks in danger IS NOT YOUR RIGHT...it is selfish and stupid, and i have to admit that everytime i see someone do that i pray that they get busted and get the largest fine possible...if it were not unsafe, i would get out my cell phone and call it in...but then again if you go the it is there right to ride like they want i guess you think it is my right to take my attention off the road and use that phone to call it in...
I dont feel he has the right to im mean it is illegal but its not my place to tell him hey quit it.
I dont always ride "legally" i dont think anyone does not always.
I have texted and drove before. not saying its right.
but i feel how he rides IS his buisness its between him and the law. and i aint the law
Old 03-25-2012, 05:38 PM   #78
obed
TMGP Pimp

Bike(s):
2011 Honda CBR600RR
Harley Road King
Harley Sportster
Yamaha TW200
Suzuki dirt bike

well, we all have choices, even choices that are not our right, choices that violate the rights of others, choices that are stupid and earn us a ride a on the short bus...and as citizens if we sit back and say we are not the law...we become part of the problem...if we do not condemn actions like this, then the morons continue being morons because they think it is cool, they think we are impressed instead of disgusted.... if social pressure from the rider community is not brought to bear, then this continues because the law can not catch them all....i feel that you are not the law, as i am not, but we have a civic duty to at least verbally condemn these type of actions and refuse to befriend and ride with folks who behave this way...
Old 03-25-2012, 05:45 PM   #79
the_laydown
Bored

Bike(s):
2012 Husky SMR511

Member Garage

we sir have a difference of opinion...
i would ride with this person not saying i would keep up do to lack of lane splitting.
so op from keep up what ever makes you happy.
many years ago we KNEW the world was flat it was a crime to say otherwise.
people performed their CIVIC DUTY by ousting the people who said it wasnt..
Old 03-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #80
CUZ
Wheelie Man

Bike(s):
09 ninja 250

Quote:
nolteclap

Take That Dive
CUZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement