MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2006, 03:03 PM   #61
SecretAgent
The one and only

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob

Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
this thread is filled with bad decisions.
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone have CBR600 F4i? tuchainz General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 07-13-2015 10:17 PM
Five seconds to steal a CBR600 Rael General Discussion (Moto Related) 50 05-02-2011 09:52 PM
2006 CBR600 Talight on a 2007 CBR600 ls_dm How To's and Q & A's 12 01-13-2008 03:06 PM
Need yoshi for 07' cbr600 aboo007 General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 10-31-2007 08:59 AM
650r am i alone oldman650r General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 08-30-2007 09:43 AM
Advertisement
Old 12-19-2006, 04:06 PM   #62
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent
this thread is filled with bad decisions.

BTW, Love the quote!

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:51 PM   #63
texlurch
Official MH tag inspector

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
04 ZX-10R
02 ZX-12R BOTM 12/11
00 ZX-12R
07 GSXR 600
00 TL1000R BOTM 07/12 (sold)

Member Garage

Only thing I can add is think long and hard what is causing you to "want" the 600RR.

Obviously, something triggered you wanting to change off a bike you just got, so get those reasons together in your head and make your own decision, for yourself, and not your peers.

And just for an FYI, I am not some "kid who just wants to go 160"

Although I can go 160... :icon_bigg
.... Home of the "Black Ninja's"
texlurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 06:41 PM   #64
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelie_king
Bring it on
Hahaha... I vote Romeo. :laughing6
Old 12-19-2006, 07:21 PM   #65
risky_analyst

I was in somewhat of the same situation. I always loved the look of sports bikes, and I too started on a 650, but it is a SV. After 3 months, I wanted a 600rr. Sportsbikes was the reason why I wanted to learn how to ride. I don't know how many miles you have and how responsible you are, but after 6 months and 5000 miles, I decided to get a SS; 600rr in fact. So I can relate to you. It's been almost 2 years later, and I still ride my SV; I kept both. The RR is quite different from the SV. The feel of a Vtwin to inline4 are really different. There's no question that the rr is faster. What you really need is more practice, which isn't judged by time or mileage. I'm still learning; after 13k miles. The SV is a lot more forgiving, more comfortable, great for the city, long rides. The rr is faster, sharper handling, sexier, but also really uncomfortable for long rides. with sharper handling, it could be good and bad.. it's not as forgiving. some people say, just be easy on the throttle; throttle control. however, just remember that if you F up one time, you can be seriously injured or killed. As someone said, the two bikes serve different purposes. I think as long as you are ready, go for it... i may have just contradicted myself, but something tells me it may be premature for you. but again, i don't know you and don't know how you would actually handle the bike. my opinion is that you stick it out for a bit longer.. have you encountered an emergency braking/swerving/accelerating conditions yet? If so, how did you handle it with the bike?

Last edited by risky_analyst; 12-19-2006 at 11:27 PM.
risky_analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:23 PM   #66
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by risky_analyst
I was in somewhat of the same situation. I always loved the look of sports bikes, and I too started on a 650, but it is a SV. After 3 months, I wanted a 600rr. Sportsbikes was the reason why I wanted to learn how to ride. I don't know how many miles you have and how responsible you are, but after 6 months and 5000 miles, I decided to get a SS; 600rr in fact. So I can relate to you. It's been almost 2 years later, and I still ride my SV; I kept both. The RR is quite different from the SV. The feel of a Vtwin to inline4 are really different. There's no question that the rr is faster. What you really need is more practice, which isn't judged by time or mileage. I'm still learning; after 13k miles. The SV is a lot more forgiving, more comfortable, great for the city, long rides. The rr is faster, sharper handling, sexier, but also really uncomfortable for long rides. As someone said, the two bikes serve different purposes. I think as long as you are ready, go for it... I don't know you, but something tells me it may be premature for you.. my opinion is that you stick it out for a bit longer.. have you encountered an emergency braking/swerving/accelerating conditions yet? If so, how did you handle it with the bike?

^^Good post...
Old 12-19-2006, 11:31 PM   #67
risky_analyst

thanks steve.. i don't post much on here, but i'm glad i made a contribution..sports bikes are cool, but they can also get one seriously hurt or killed.. i think too many people jump into bikes that they can't handle. i may get flammed for this, but i think 70% of the people on 1000s can't master a 600 and probably don't belong on a 1000. that's a whole other topic.. just my opinion.
risky_analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 11:37 PM   #68
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

Quote:
thanks steve.. i don't post much on here, but i'm glad i made a contribution..sports bikes are cool, but they can also get one seriously hurt or killed.. i think too many people jump into bikes that they can't handle. i may get flammed for this, but i think 70% of the people on 1000s can't master a 600 and probably don't belong on a 1000. that's a whole other topic.. just my opinion.
+1
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
rob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:07 AM   #69
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou

Bike(s):
sv650,rc51,gsxr750,6oo,sdg107

Send a message via AIM to Romeo36
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelie_king
Bring it on
name the time and place
Romeo36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:14 AM   #70
ikp460.
WHO DO VOODOO WE DO...?

Bike(s):
pHiDDy

Send a message via AIM to ikp460. Send a message via MSN to ikp460.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo36
name the time and place

get him romeo!!!
ikp460. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:19 AM   #71
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou

Bike(s):

^^ hahahahahaahah a the popcorn is a good touch
Old 12-20-2006, 12:20 AM   #72
A303

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr

Send a message via AIM to A303
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikp460.
get him romeo!!!

yeah, i know where i would put my money
A303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:22 AM   #73
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou

Bike(s):

oh come on guys for all we know he could be king dingaling on a bike :icon_bigg
Old 12-20-2006, 12:23 AM   #74
ikp460.
WHO DO VOODOO WE DO...?

Bike(s):
pHiDDy

Send a message via AIM to ikp460. Send a message via MSN to ikp460.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo36
oh come on guys for all we know he could be king dingaling on a bike :icon_bigg
doubt it, from the way he post
ikp460. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:28 AM   #75
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou

Bike(s):

eh
Old 12-20-2006, 04:31 PM   #76
The Throwback

Bike(s):
08 r6s

Quote:
I was in somewhat of the same situation. I always loved the look of sports bikes, and I too started on a 650, but it is a SV. After 3 months, I wanted a 600rr. Sportsbikes was the reason why I wanted to learn how to ride. I don't know how many miles you have and how responsible you are, but after 6 months and 5000 miles, I decided to get a SS; 600rr in fact. So I can relate to you. It's been almost 2 years later, and I still ride my SV; I kept both. The RR is quite different from the SV. The feel of a Vtwin to inline4 are really different. There's no question that the rr is faster. What you really need is more practice, which isn't judged by time or mileage. I'm still learning; after 13k miles. The SV is a lot more forgiving, more comfortable, great for the city, long rides. The rr is faster, sharper handling, sexier, but also really uncomfortable for long rides. with sharper handling, it could be good and bad.. it's not as forgiving. some people say, just be easy on the throttle; throttle control. however, just remember that if you F up one time, you can be seriously injured or killed. As someone said, the two bikes serve different purposes. I think as long as you are ready, go for it... i may have just contradicted myself, but something tells me it may be premature for you. but again, i don't know you and don't know how you would actually handle the bike. my opinion is that you stick it out for a bit longer.. have you encountered an emergency braking/swerving/accelerating conditions yet? If so, how did you handle it with the bike?
thank you for ur input...i mean ive ridden my dads r6 and i realize that i need to take it alot more easy because the bike is not as forgiving.i have not really got into real danger but i have to to swerve out of the way of people who cant drive.and i agree with what all you guys are saying and i think that i should drive my bike for a little longer and learn some new things
The Throwback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 04:33 PM   #77
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Throwback
thank you for ur input...i mean ive ridden my dads r6 and i realize that i need to take it alot more easy because the bike is not as forgiving.i have not really got into real danger but i have to to swerve out of the way of people who cant drive.and i agree with what all you guys are saying and i think that i should drive my bike for a little longer and learn some new things
Have you had the suspension on your current bike adjusted for your weight?

Old 12-20-2006, 04:35 PM   #78
The Throwback

Bike(s):
08 r6s

no its at the lowest setting because i dont weigh that much
Old 12-20-2006, 04:39 PM   #79
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Throwback
no its at the lowest setting because i dont weigh that much
Well, you should swing buy Patrick's and have him take a look at for you. Having your suspension properly adjusted makes all the difference in the world and may (more then likely) bring a new excitement back into your bike. Also make sure you are running 36psi inthe front tire and 34psi in the rear. With the suspension set and keeping an eye on your tire pressure you should be able to get out there and really work on your body positioning, throttle control, braking and getting that bike on a rail through the corners.

Old 12-20-2006, 08:04 PM   #80
The Throwback

Bike(s):
08 r6s

thanks

Advertisement