MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2006, 07:58 PM   #21
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigolo Jason
Keep the 650R

It will serve you well.
agreed ride it for at least a year if not 2 and then up grade
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
rob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone have CBR600 F4i? tuchainz General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 07-13-2015 10:17 PM
Five seconds to steal a CBR600 Rael General Discussion (Moto Related) 50 05-02-2011 09:52 PM
2006 CBR600 Talight on a 2007 CBR600 ls_dm How To's and Q & A's 12 01-13-2008 03:06 PM
Need yoshi for 07' cbr600 aboo007 General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 10-31-2007 08:59 AM
650r am i alone oldman650r General Discussion (Moto Related) 14 08-30-2007 09:43 AM
Advertisement
Old 12-18-2006, 07:59 PM   #22
falxzzr

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'07 Kawasaki ZZR600

Send a message via AIM to falxzzr Send a message via MSN to falxzzr
trading in already? no tonly are you gonna lose your on the bike, your gona **** the new one up. stay with the 650 a little while longer.

i got no kickass sig :(
falxzzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:00 PM   #23
SacKingsFan
Hi

Bike(s):
07 Daytona 675

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Throwback
im thinkin about trading in my bike in order to get a cbr600rr..how big of a jump is this?is there anything that i should be worried about...i have ridden my dads r6s and im not sure of the difference..the reason for gettin something bigger is to have more of a street feel and they looks better.plus the handleing is a different

Its not that bad of a jump... I went from Katana 600 to gsxr 600... At first it seemed like a huge jump but that was only because I was full throttle off the start... I got the feeling like I was going to fly off it I slowed down and got used to it in about a week..

I say go for it and get it just take it easy and work your way up to using all its power.

Smack That
SacKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:42 PM   #24
The Throwback

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
08 r6s

Quote:
Originally Posted by falxzzr
trading in already? no tonly are you gonna lose your on the bike, your gona **** the new one up. stay with the 650 a little while longer.
i have an 07 650r and i have not ****ed it up yet(thankfully).i plan on keeping it until february or around there.im not going to act stupid on it because i am the one that is going to pay for it...now if i didnt pay for it then it would be a different story..its a lot of money to spend and i wouldnt plan on doing anything stupid to lose my money
The Throwback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:44 PM   #25
DANtheMan.
Chicks dig scars!

Experience: 2 years

06 crf250

Send a message via AIM to DANtheMan.
Quote:
i have an 07 650r and i have not ****ed it up yet(thankfully).i plan on keeping it until february or around there.im not going to act stupid on it because i am the one that is going to pay for it...now if i didnt pay for it then it would be a different story..its a lot of money to spend and i wouldnt plan on doing anything stupid to lose my money
How much you pay for the 650?

im just another NEWB SqUiDnAsTy...
DANtheMan. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 08:49 PM   #26
The Throwback

Bike(s):
08 r6s

The Throwback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:07 PM   #27
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikp460.
its like 30 hp and 25 mph faster prolly a faster accelleration but shouldn't be alot though..
Breaks will bight back, suspention isnt as fogiving, motor much more peaky, alot more maintness....Its not all about the hp man....

Me personaly i think you should hang on to the 650 ride it for atleast 5000 miles really get a good feeling for the bike...I promis you that you can hang in the twisties and have more to brag about at the end of the day! Keep the bike!

morefun00800033mr[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:09 PM   #28
DANtheMan.
Chicks dig scars!

Experience: 2 years

06 crf250

Send a message via AIM to DANtheMan.
Quote:
$7,000?? with that money you could of got a sweeter bike than that but hey your choice.

im just another NEWB SqUiDnAsTy...
DANtheMan. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:16 PM   #29
ownage
Banned

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:44 PM   #30
B.S. Motorsports
non agent jake

Bike(s):
20th ann. gsxr 750

Too tell you the truth I would trade my 750 any day for a sv 650 or the kawi 650...It would be nice to sit on something comfy every once in a while lol... Seriously dude don’t be dumb stick it out for at least 5000 miles do a few track days even then you will gain a all new respect for the bike...

The 600rr or any 600 for that matter isn’t that great around town they have no torque there all peak or nothing where as you have a very broad power band and can have more fun light to light.... Do your self a HUGE!! Favor and do a track day on it.... The do your self-1 more HUGE favor and keep your bike... It will be one of the smartest things you could ever doo....

I mean really think about it...Lets see the 600rr can do what 155-160mph big deal your a fool for going that fast on the street...I mean have you seen the freeways here in Houston.... Now next the acceleration stop light to stop light you will have much more fun on the 650 the rr will take 10000 rpm to get going and a lot of clutch abuse...Lets say you wanna stunt 650r loads of low end torque great for doing little woolies and what not.... Economical rr not so hot on gas granted better then most cars but still lets be real 35mpg not that great 650 what 45-50, Tires 650 is much nicer to rear tires then the 600rr...Parts i would even be willing to bet are cheaper to replace on the 650 should anything break or worst yet you decide to wreck.... Most of all you get to be different i mean most kids and girls don’t know the diff they see a sport bike and they get exited the end they don’t care if its h,y,k,t,s 600-1300 they could careless or know the difference.... Think about the satisfaction of beating your friends threw the twisties and you’re on a less powerful machine....

Seriously dude keep the 650!

morefun00800033mr[/IMG][/
!!If it aint its !!
B.S. Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:50 PM   #31
ownage
Banned

User is banned

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 09:54 PM   #32
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

Are u guys seriously telling this guy that a 650r is not a big jump to a 600rr....i really think u guys are giving this guy the wrong impression...

I recently sold my SV650s after 10k miles and 2 years of riding and bought a ZX-6R. Now that was a huge jump!!! I know that my SV is alot faster that the 650R. If u been riding only since Thanksgiving u really need to hold on the that bike alot longer....An inline-2 is a of alot more forgiving than an inline-4...
Believe me bro when i had my SV i rode with 2 of my buddies that had a Busa and a GSXR 1000...i was always in the back and the slowest by far....I wanted to upgrade so bad but i did the smart thing and kept myself from making that mistake...

i say keep it for another year...just my 2 cents...I am sure alot of guys would agree with me on this one...it is your money but its also your life and no one wants to read or hear about u on the news...:notworthy

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:21 PM   #33
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Feedback Rating: (10)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

Take it from me man my bike is not a ss its more of a touring bike and its not the fastest but is comfy, great on gas and in the twisties and it holds its own I can keep up with everyone else. You just got to learn how to ride and get comforatible with it, I for one at one time wanted to upgrade but the more I ride mine and learn more on how to ride it I love it. Also please do sign up for some track days I am going to start this next year there is so much you can learn, you will be surprised at what your bike is actually capable of it wont be the fastest but I wont bite you in the as quick as a ss bike will.
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
rob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:26 PM   #34
level5
moving chicane

why does everyone always say something about twisties, twisties, twisties???
He could mastered the bike and one day, he will be a statistic or on the news as a headline says "motorcyclist wrapped bike around light post for corner too fast because forum members says the bike is forgiving."
Not all riders are road racing. It is mainly about looks on the street. If the guy wants to look good, let him. If you care so much and want to prevent an accident from happening, well, if he is not listening to his parents then heck, he is not gonna listen to anyone on here. Peer pressure is a and everyone has to learn the hard way. Each bike has a form and function, to each his/her own opinion/taste.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:27 PM   #35
A303

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr

Send a message via AIM to A303
Quote:
Originally Posted by level5
He could mastered the bike and one day, he will be a statistic or on the news as a headline says "motorcyclist wrapped bike around light post for corner too fast because forum members says the bike is forgiving."
Not all riders are road racing. It is mainly about looks on the street. If the guy wants to look good, let him. If you care so much and want to prevent an accident from happening, well, if he is not listening to his parents then heck, he is not gonna listen to anyone on here. Peer pressure is a and everyone has to learn the hard way. Each bike has a form and function, to each his/her own opinion/taste.
A303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:32 PM   #36
ikp460.
WHO DO VOODOO WE DO...?

Bike(s):
pHiDDy

Send a message via AIM to ikp460. Send a message via MSN to ikp460.
Quote:
Originally Posted by level5
ikp460. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 11:57 PM   #37
Los
Gang Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Los
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateorona
Not very much, your talking about a Honda.
contribute :laughing6
Old 12-18-2006, 11:59 PM   #38
A303

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr

Send a message via AIM to A303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Los
A303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 11:59 PM   #39
ikp460.
WHO DO VOODOO WE DO...?

Bike(s):
pHiDDy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los
Old 12-19-2006, 12:12 AM   #40
ikp460.
WHO DO VOODOO WE DO...?

Bike(s):
pHiDDy

Quote:
Originally Posted by los2
its still a honda
you already posted that nateorona

Advertisement