MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2012, 10:22 AM   #81
runtbag201

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thayleal View Post
Let's all agree to disagree.. I was poking fun about a childish attempt to change the behavior of a few of us. Even if we decide to follow your advice.. not every motorcyclist will. The problem will not go away but we appreciate your opinion and respect the fact that you have rights as a human being to a good night's sleep without fear of interruption; however, we as human beings have our own rights. We have the right to use the public road system that our tax dollars pay for, we have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, which pretty much covers why I ride motorcycles to begin with.
Yeah I guess it just comes down to if you want to annoy people or not honestly. But you can't use the constitution to absolve yourself of the responsibility to be a good citizen. I'm not trying to change everyone's mind, but if you could at least keep in mind that fellow human beings that are just trying to live their lives are nearby when you're playing around outside in the middle of the night. If it just went on for a couple loops, that's cool, but it crosses a line when it goes on for an unreasonable amount of time.
runtbag201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wednesday Katy/Cypress Meet/Greet & Ride 08/08/2012 NewRider Events, Meets and Rides 74 08-09-2012 10:11 PM
W Katy/Cypress Wednesday Meet/Greet & Ride Brother's Pizza 03/28/12 NewRider Events, Meets and Rides 29 03-29-2012 08:35 AM
W Katy/Cypress Wednesday Meet/Greet & Ride Brother's Pizza 03/14/2012 NewRider Events, Meets and Rides 130 03-16-2012 09:47 AM
W Wednesday Katy/Cypress Meet/Greet and Ride 09/21/2011 NewRider Events, Meets and Rides 68 10-17-2011 07:34 PM
W Wednesday Katy/Cypress Meet/Greet & Ride 07/21/11 NewRider Events, Meets and Rides 38 07-21-2011 08:36 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-23-2012, 10:27 AM   #82
BigGun500Mag
SBN Bouncer

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2006 Harley Road King
KX65 Mini

Going Fast, Comfortably

Then move..
BigGun500Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:30 AM   #83
runtbag201

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGun500Mag View Post
Then move..
Right, I'll break my lease and move just because you want to have fun riding around my window, that's perfectly reasonable.

Imagine you were in my shoes, you'd really payout the end of your lease or sell your home if a group decided to use the area around your home as a track?

I know you guys love to ride, but if you came home from a long day at work and just wanted to rest would you put up with the noise?
Old 03-23-2012, 10:35 AM   #84
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
Originally Posted by runtbag201 View Post
I made some admittedly childish posts after being awoken yet again, this time right before having to get up at 5am to get to the airport. I got banned a few times and the mods 'traced my IP'. haha.
Oh, I guess I did miss something...
Quote:
Thanks, I'll do that.

Really, you're not going above the posted speed limit of 35? I find that hard to believe, with those around here bragging about going 50-55 on them. All roads in houston have a speed limit, and the ramps are no exception. There are noise ordinances (yeah I know the history there with motorcycles in houston), and could you tell me how looping around the clovers is using the roads in a legal manner? I bet when the cops show up you guys slow down quite a lot, and it isn't as fun.
There has been times were cop is parked on the grass with clear view of the turns, ma group was riding there for a few and there was no incident, I'm sure a cop prefers people out of main roadways doing low speeds than the speeds that exceed double digits on the freeway...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
That's not my AE, guys FYI.
Man, I really was starting to wonder.

Runtbag, as far as the noise, I doubt that is only the motorcycles keeping you up at night..

It gets noisy around there period...I got friends that live in the area too and spent time around there at night...

Seems you're picking a target, but I could be wrong. Either way. Sorry for keeping you up at night, but maybe you're just a light sleeper, that Sux too..

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:36 AM   #85
Thayleal
GingerBrawp CMRA #369

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650s (Sold)
2003 SV650s (sold)
08 Ninja250 BRAWP bike (For Sale)
08 Ninja250 Racebike(Sold)
2007 SV650S(Streetbike)

Quote:
Right, I'll break my lease and move just because you want to have fun riding around my window, that's perfectly reasonable.

Imagine you were in my shoes, you'd really payout the end of your lease or sell your home if a group decided to use the area around your home as a track?

I know you guys love to ride, but if you came home from a long day at work and just wanted to rest would you put up with the noise?
I put up with the noise on 610 all the time.... but I realize that there is noise by roads. I grew up in the country.. if you want peace and quiet thats really where you gotta go. Cities are noisy places to live.

Motorcycles are like women... once you ride one... you wanna ride em all.
Thayleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:40 AM   #86
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
Man, I really was starting to wonder.
Didn't want anyone to think I just woke up with a different mindset than already stated...
Old 03-23-2012, 10:41 AM   #87
runtbag201

Quote:
I put up with the noise on 610 all the time.... but I realize that there is noise by roads. I grew up in the country.. if you want peace and quiet thats really where you gotta go. Cities are noisy places to live.
That's cool, keep justifying it all you want. As I've said before, it's normal to expect traffic noise from time to time, but people driving in circles isn't normal behavior that I would expect living on a street. Normal traffic doesn't bother me at all.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #88
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
That's cool, keep justifying it all you want. As I've said before, it's normal to expect traffic noise from time to time, but people driving in circles isn't normal behavior that I would expect living on a street. Normal traffic doesn't bother me at all.
Maybe if it happens enough it will become regular traffic and will just become like all the other noise...sounds like we have to cover everyday of the week, not just Wednesday...

I'll call a few people and tell them to get on that...this should really help you out and make it a routine...

You're welcome sir.

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 03-23-2012, 10:46 AM   #89
Thayleal
GingerBrawp CMRA #369

Bike(s):
2006 SV650s (Sold)
2003 SV650s (sold)
2007 SV650S(Streetbike)

Quote:
is 610 not a circle?

I am not saying you don't have a right to cry about it. I am not even saying that I have a right to "terrorize" the community. All I am saying is this.

Accept the things that cannot be changed
Have the courage to change the things that can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

I can't change what other people do. I have no control over anyone, I only have control over myself. So if something is making me unhappy then I have to change the things I have control over. Can you stop every motorcyclist/supercar from driving around those clovers... no you can't. Can you move? Yes conceivably you could even if you feel that is a ridiculous answer.

It is just like if you go to a bar and someone starts trouble with you.

Can you change the other guys actions? No

Can you choose to walk away and not engage in the confrontation? Absolutely

This is reality... get used to it unless you are going to somehow invent a mind control machine that only works on motorcyclists..

Old 03-23-2012, 10:54 AM   #90
runtbag201

Quote:
is 610 not a circle?
Don't be dense, 610 is a little bit bigger than what we're discussing here.

Quote:
Accept the things that cannot be changed
Have the courage to change the things that can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.
Thanks for the encouragement, I'm going to continue to do everything I can do to change this, that's why I'm here in the first place. I've already distributed a letter to my neighbors encouraging them to take action when the issue comes up and I'll be perusing every avenue of action I can take.

It may not amount to anything, and I may just end up moving out before it becomes a bigger issue. I'll gladly take donations if you guys want to help pay out the remainder of my lease, $10k+. Thanks!
Old 03-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #91
Thayleal
GingerBrawp CMRA #369

Bike(s):
2006 SV650s (Sold)
2003 SV650s (sold)
2007 SV650S(Streetbike)

Quote:
Don't be dense, 610 is a little bit bigger than what we're discussing here.

Thanks for the encouragement, I'm going to continue to do everything I can do to change this, that's why I'm here in the first place. I've already distributed a letter to my neighbors encouraging them to take action when the issue comes up and I'll be perusing every avenue of action I can take.

It may not amount to anything, and I may just end up moving out before it becomes a bigger issue. I'll gladly take donations if you guys want to help pay out the remainder of my lease, $10k+. Thanks!
610 also has more traffic than what you are discussing as well... and more traffic = more noise... Simple equation.

Happy hunting my friend. What apartment complex was that exactly? Just so I can steer clear so as not to upset you and your neighbors.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:06 AM   #92
Vegas Kid

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
07 R6-sold
12 TTR 50

Glad to see you've stopped the hate speech and can post a little more intelligently.

I understand how you're not happy about the noise but do you really think it's only the people on this forum that ride the clovers?

As for noise...try having some kids and then you wouldn't be so worried about a little motorcycle noise for 15 minutes...
Vegas Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:06 AM   #93
runtbag201

Quote:
610 also has more traffic than what you are discussing as well... and more traffic = more noise... Simple equation.

Happy hunting my friend. What apartment complex was that exactly? Just so I can steer clear so as not to upset you and your neighbors.
There is only one complex right on the clovers, do the math.

I just hoped I would meet with some reason, and I have. In fact if you could just not open up the throttle on that one part of the loop that would be better than anything.

Thanks everyone for at least listening. I'll stop posting off-topic now and leave y'all be.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:10 AM   #94
Vegas Kid

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
07 R6-sold
12 TTR 50

I know who this is....Officer Holtsclaw...

For those who don't know....
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news...e-over-hpd-cop
Vegas Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:11 AM   #95
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Kid View Post
I know who this is....Officer Holtsclaw...

For those who don't know....
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news...e-over-hpd-cop
Doubtful...
Old 03-23-2012, 11:19 AM   #96
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
There is only one complex right on the clovers, do the math.

I just hoped I would meet with some reason, and I have. In fact if you could just not open up the throttle on that one part of the loop that would be better than anything.

Thanks everyone for at least listening. I'll stop posting off-topic now and leave y'all be.
Are you referring to the archstone apartments?

If so, I know which turn you are talking about..

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 03-23-2012, 11:26 AM   #97
runtbag201

Quote:
Are you referring to the archstone apartments?

If so, I know which turn you are talking about..

The ones on the northwest corner, right next to the road off Jackson Hill.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #98
7cain
Resident Ginja

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'02 ZX6R

Member Garage

boys, been playin hard eh?
FELIS DEMULCTA MITIS (translation: A stroked cat is gentle)
7cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #99
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Google Maps

The ones on the northwest corner, right next to the road off Jackson Hill.
First of all, THAT'S A SEXY PICTURE.

Second, Woah, didn't really realize that there were apartments that close, I thought the closest was Archstone...

I see you're point, and though I will still ride there when I feel like it, I will be more concious of the noise by that turn...actually, that is the same one that an officer was parked at one night.

I'll speak for me and say that I will try to reduce my exhaust noise thought that turn, deal?

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 03-23-2012, 11:38 AM   #100
runtbag201

Quote:
I'll speak for me and say that I will try to reduce my exhaust noise thought that turn, deal?
Thanks bud, I don't like to call the cops over dumb stuff like this cause they could be off doing real things. I bet these loops are a ton of fun, just not my cup of tea.

And yeah, the cops love to sit right there, they pull people over all the time right there, the sirens are just as annoying sometimes.

Advertisement