MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2012, 04:53 PM   #61
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

Someone on youtube commented on the videos saying that they live at the apartments and yall make to much noise lol
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wednesday Katy/Cypress Meet/Greet & Ride 08/08/2012 NewRider Events, Meets and Rides 74 08-09-2012 10:11 PM
W Katy/Cypress Wednesday Meet/Greet & Ride Brother's Pizza 03/28/12 NewRider Events, Meets and Rides 29 03-29-2012 08:35 AM
W Katy/Cypress Wednesday Meet/Greet & Ride Brother's Pizza 03/14/2012 NewRider Events, Meets and Rides 130 03-16-2012 09:47 AM
W Wednesday Katy/Cypress Meet/Greet and Ride 09/21/2011 NewRider Events, Meets and Rides 68 10-17-2011 07:34 PM
W Wednesday Katy/Cypress Meet/Greet & Ride 07/21/11 NewRider Events, Meets and Rides 38 07-21-2011 08:36 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-22-2012, 05:12 PM   #62
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

nice close up. Wish someone had a gopro.

Or you recorded longer...

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:13 PM   #63
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_5.0 View Post
Someone on youtube commented on the videos saying that they live at the apartments and yall make to much noise lol
Ha!

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 03-22-2012, 11:24 PM   #64
cuong-nutz
Resident 250 guru

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
Ninjer 250

Quote:
Must be that one guy's bike that sounds like a lawnmower

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
nice close up. Wish someone had a gopro.

Or you recorded longer...
Was Joey recording with his GoPro?
Old 03-23-2012, 12:38 AM   #65
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

who is the one commenting on the video lol
Old 03-23-2012, 07:30 AM   #66
Thayleal
GingerBrawp CMRA #369

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2006 SV650s (Sold)
2003 SV650s (sold)
08 Ninja250 BRAWP bike (For Sale)
08 Ninja250 Racebike(Sold)
2007 SV650S(Streetbike)

Quote:
I don't understand people that complain. I live right off 610... I mean you can throw a rock from 610 and easily hit my house. I hear the cars and bikes going by all the time... but I chose to live there. I knew there was a highway there when I moved there... Same applies to dipshit in the apartments...

Motorcycles are like women... once you ride one... you wanna ride em all.
Thayleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:22 AM   #67
runtbag201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thayleal View Post
I don't understand people that complain. I live right off 610... I mean you can throw a rock from 610 and easily hit my house. I hear the cars and bikes going by all the time... but I chose to live there. I knew there was a highway there when I moved there... Same applies to dipshit in the apartments...
So if a local motorcycle club decided that the street that you live on was the new designated middle of the night race track, you would be fine with that? Would you be okay with it if I rode my motorcycle around your house over and over in the middle of the night, waking up your kids?

This is a fairly new thing, I've lived where I am for over 4 years, and it's only been in the past couple of months that ya'll have decided that the clovers is the perfect place to ride around, and around, and around... I honestly don't care about the guys who just want to race down memorial from time to time, whatever I knew that before I moved in. But there is a huge difference between racing down the street and spending half an hour or more riding in circles on a traffic device that wasn't meant for motorcycle practice.

You can keep banning me and blocking my IP and threatening to 'take legal action' (lol!), and I'll keep calling the cops.

Last edited by runtbag201; 03-23-2012 at 08:25 AM.
runtbag201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:26 AM   #68
mkgsxr
Banned

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
07 GSXR 600 "TRACK "
03 XR70 PIT

User is banned

mkgsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:15 AM   #69
NewRider

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by runtbag201 View Post
So if a local motorcycle club decided that the street that you live on was the new designated middle of the night race track, you would be fine with that? Would you be okay with it if I rode my motorcycle around your house over and over in the middle of the night, waking up your kids?

This is a fairly new thing, I've lived where I am for over 4 years, and it's only been in the past couple of months that ya'll have decided that the clovers is the perfect place to ride around, and around, and around... I honestly don't care about the guys who just want to race down memorial from time to time, whatever I knew that before I moved in. But there is a huge difference between racing down the street and spending half an hour or more riding in circles on a traffic device that wasn't meant for motorcycle practice.

You can keep banning me and blocking my IP and threatening to 'take legal action' (lol!), and I'll keep calling the cops.
This is the first I have heard of you, but who threaten legal action??

What's going on, what did I miss?

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 03-23-2012, 09:31 AM   #70
Chris_5.0
HalfFast

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond

U missed allot of nothing
Old 03-23-2012, 09:42 AM   #71
runtbag201

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
This is the first I have heard of you, but who threaten legal action??

What's going on, what did I miss?
I made some admittedly childish posts after being awoken yet again, this time right before having to get up at 5am to get to the airport. I got banned a few times and the mods 'traced my IP'. haha.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:51 AM   #72
Thayleal
GingerBrawp CMRA #369

Bike(s):
2006 SV650s (Sold)
2003 SV650s (sold)
2007 SV650S(Streetbike)

Quote:
I made some admittedly childish posts after being awoken yet again, this time right before having to get up at 5am to get to the airport. I got banned a few times and the mods 'traced my IP'. haha.
They ride around my house every night... 610 is a late night favorite of motorcycle riders in general... no big deal. Like I said I choose to live there and choices have repercussions and responsibilities associated with them. Man up and accept that your choices have consequences and I will man up and accept my choices have consequences when the police officer than you whined to wants to be my friend.

Old 03-23-2012, 09:57 AM   #73
runtbag201

Quote:
They ride around my house every night... 610 is a late night favorite of motorcycle riders in general... no big deal. Like I said I choose to live there and choices have repercussions and responsibilities associated with them. Man up and accept that your choices have consequences and I will man up and accept my choices have consequences when the police officer than you whined to wants to be my friend.
There is a huge difference between riding down the street once or twice and circling right next to someone's window for a half hour or more. I said before, I have no qualms if you want to go down the street, the difference is using the ramp system illegally as a bike track.

It is your choice if you want to terrorize the community in which you live, and you've obviously made that choice, that you will do it no matter how many people you have to keep up at night.

When I moved where I did, I didn't think that a simple ramp system would be turned into a motocycle track, it's unreasonable to think that I should have assumed it would be that noisy in the middle of the night. I can't just get up and move because you guys are terrorizing us, and I shouldn't have to.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:00 AM   #74
Thayleal
GingerBrawp CMRA #369

Bike(s):
2006 SV650s (Sold)
2003 SV650s (sold)
2007 SV650S(Streetbike)

Quote:
It is your choice if you want to terrorize the community in which you live, and you've obviously made that choice, that you will do it no matter how many people you have to keep up at night.

When I moved where I did I didn't think that a simple ramp system would be turned into a motocycle track, it's unreasonable to think that I should have assumed it would be that noisy in the middle of the night. I can't just get up and move because you guys are terrorizing us, and I shouldn't have to.
Then don't. I have been to the clovers a grand total of 3 times since I have been here... so hard to consider me as terrorizing the community. Here's a solution!

E A R Taperfit Uncorded Earplugs 200 Pairs?id130&ampW600&ampH600

Old 03-23-2012, 10:01 AM   #75
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Quote:
There is a huge difference between riding down the street once or twice and circling right next to someone's window for a half hour or more. I said before, I have no qualms if you want to go down the street, the difference is using the ramp system illegally as a bike track.

When I moved where I did, I didn't think that a simple ramp system would be turned into a motocycle track, it's unreasonable to think that I should have assumed it would be that noisy in the middle of the night. I can't just get up and move because you guys are terrorizing us, and I shouldn't have to.
Usually, I have a problem with cry baby's, but in this instance I agree.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:05 AM   #76
runtbag201

Quote:
Then don't. I have been to the clovers a grand total of 3 times since I have been here... so hard to consider me as terrorizing the community. Here's a solution!
I'll drop off some earplugs before I start circling your home, I hope you can provide enough for the complex. I'll expect delivery soon!
Old 03-23-2012, 10:07 AM   #77
Trish

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2008 CBR600rr
2006 DRZ400SM

So riding around some ramps multiple times at a speed that is under the posted speed limit for the adjoining streets is now turning said ramps into a race track?

It's a public road, and we are not breaking any laws by taking these ramps repeatedly. Nor are we ignoring a speed limit, as there is no speed limit for the ramps, only the roads connected by them, which we remain under.

So, in other words, go drink some Clorox.
Trish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:11 AM   #78
runtbag201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish View Post

So riding around some ramps multiple times at a speed that is under the posted speed limit for the adjoining streets is now turning said ramps into a race track?

It's a public road, and we are not breaking any laws by taking these ramps repeatedly. Nor are we ignoring a speed limit, as there is no speed limit for the ramps, only the roads connected by them, which we remain under.

Thanks, I'll do that.

Really, you're not going above the posted speed limit of 35? I find that hard to believe, with those around here bragging about going 50-55 on them. All roads in houston have a speed limit, and the ramps are no exception. There are noise ordinances (yeah I know the history there with motorcycles in houston), and could you tell me how looping around the clovers is using the roads in a legal manner? I bet when the cops show up you guys slow down quite a lot, and it isn't as fun.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:14 AM   #79
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

That's not my AE, guys FYI.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #80
Thayleal
GingerBrawp CMRA #369

Bike(s):
2006 SV650s (Sold)
2003 SV650s (sold)
2007 SV650S(Streetbike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish View Post

Let's all agree to disagree.. I was poking fun about a childish attempt to change the behavior of a few of us. Even if we decide to follow your advice.. not every motorcyclist will. The problem will not go away but we appreciate your opinion and respect the fact that you have rights as a human being to a good night's sleep without fear of interruption; however, we as human beings have our own rights. We have the right to use the public road system that our tax dollars pay for, we have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, which pretty much covers why I ride motorcycles to begin with.

Advertisement