MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2012, 03:42 PM   #1
lucydad

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
2007 Kawasaki EX 500
1971 Honda 175 Scrambler
1967 Honda Mini Trail 50
1966 Honda Super 90

birthday ride with buddy Ed...

All,

I have been traveling and dealing with an industrial grade cold/allergies the past couple of weeks. My buddy Ed texted me yesterday though: how about a ride together for my birthday? So, this morning I ditched the collegian daughters and wife, Ed and I met at the Exxon, and we rode out to Brazos Bend park. For me my first "group" ride since high school days. What a beauty of a day! We strolled around the park, it was busy, we had to queue in a line of cages to pay admission.

Riding out we saw a group of sport bikes, maybe eight or so, and I was wondering: hmmm MH group? They all waved. Ed and I had lunch at a Cajun spot here in Sugar Land to unwind and now it is nap time for me.

I noticed yellow pollen on my black riding jeans: wow the is thick, explaining the need for Claritin D just to breathe.

So, it has been a year since I had my yellow EX 500 Ninja delivered and took my first nervous ride around First Colony. I think I can say confidently I have learned to be a competent rider although every time I ride, I learn something.
Also, I have yet to reach the limits of this bike, it is a champ, a great machine.

Oh, and at the park a group of boy scouts stopped to stare, one young buck told me: wow, that is a pretty bike! I thanked him and shook his hand and he grinned. Young men love pretty machines that go fast.

Thanks to many in this forum for expert advice: used today: light on the bars, relax in the cross winds, and maybe just get into that relaxed, but very focused zone every time on the bike. Thanks also to the Basic Course given at Awesome, that gave me confidence to get on and have all this fun. It is fun, and also a huge stress buster for me to ride, and also a confidence booster in every day hum-drum corporate America oil company life.

Sorry to see the accidents ramping up. I think it has helped me that I have ridden constantly all winter long: practice makes skill, nothing beats time in the saddle.

cheers to all, and be safe,
Lucydad
lucydad is offline   Reply With Quote