MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Cruisers Lounge
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2006, 10:40 AM   #1
Greenway Smokey
Super duper member!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
'04 1200XL

Send a message via AIM to Greenway Smokey
Harley flat track crash

You guys may have seen this, but I thought it was cool enough to post

http://www.break.com/index/harley_racing_crash.html
Advertisement
Old 12-18-2006, 11:08 AM   #2
wd40oz
FlattrackManiac

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'08 Buell XB12xt 'Uly'
CRF450 Flattracker
'10 HD Super Glide (FXD)
'74 Ironhead bobber

Thank Gd those 883's are no longer on the program. They were junk!
wd40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 11:41 AM   #3
TLLuvr

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
A few of them

OUUCHH
TLLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 11:49 AM   #4
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Member Garage

dam.. those things fall apart faster than pastrana bar spin bike.. LOL... speakin of pastrana.. who wants to start placing bets on Daytona bike week? I bet Pastrana wins the Flat track and the GNCC!!! and im going for top 10 in the Supercross!
Old 12-18-2006, 03:44 PM   #5
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Originally Posted by wd40oz
Thank Gd those 883's are no longer on the program. They were junk!
gimmie a break.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
ScooterTrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 03:44 PM   #6
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

pretty awesome how that one dude rode between the tumbling front end and the tumbling bike.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
I respect scootertrash because well... He's like the Jesus of building and fixing .
[/QUOTE]
Old 12-18-2006, 03:53 PM   #7
Greenway Smokey
Super duper member!

Bike(s):
'04 1200XL

Send a message via AIM to Greenway Smokey
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash
pretty awesome how that one dude rode between the tumbling front end and the tumbling bike.

I bet he his pants
Old 12-18-2006, 04:56 PM   #8
wd40oz
FlattrackManiac

Bike(s):
'08 Buell XB12xt 'Uly'
CRF450 Flattracker
'10 HD Super Glide (FXD)
'74 Ironhead bobber

Scooter,
You won't find a single flattracker that liked the 883. It was never meant to be a racebike. They were heavy, ill-handling and dangerous machines as noted by both bikes breaking in two. The flex in those mild-steel frames was far too great. OTOH, the XR750 is the finest purpose built FT bike ever made and my personal favorite. So don't think I'm sh1tting on your beloved HD, if I had a spare $30g's laying round I'd own one.

Oh, and I'll take that bet about Pastrana winning the Flattrack. He failed to even qualify for the 60 rider field last year on Factory Suzuki equipment. I'm just glad he's gonna try it again. It's good exposure for FT.

Last edited by wd40oz; 12-18-2006 at 05:00 PM.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:06 PM   #9
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Scooter,
You won't find a single flattracker that liked the 883. It was never meant to be a racebike. They were heavy, ill-handling and dangerous machines as noted by both bikes breaking in two. The flex in those mild-steel frames was far too great. OTOH, the XR750 is the finest purpose built FT bike ever made and my personal favorite. So don't think I'm sh1tting on your beloved HD, if I had a spare $30g's laying round I'd own one.

Oh, and I'll take that bet about Pastrana winning the Flattrack. He failed to even qualify for the 60 rider field last year on Factory Suzuki equipment. I'm just glad he's gonna try it again. It's good exposure for FT.
I can dig it "never being a race bike" that I do agree with.
and yup on the 750 being "flat" nasty

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 12-18-2006, 05:11 PM   #10
wd40oz
FlattrackManiac

Bike(s):
'08 Buell XB12xt 'Uly'
CRF450 Flattracker
'10 HD Super Glide (FXD)
'74 Ironhead bobber

Sure hope you and the cruiser crew can make it to some of our races this season at Huffman. You simply won't believe how exciting the races are, especially the Vintage class. Two full rows, 3-wide, sideways action.

Please check our site and plan to attend an event. www.houstonhotshoe.com

Old 12-18-2006, 05:16 PM   #11
ScooterTrash
ConroePowderCoating.com

Bike(s):
lots of em

Quote:
Sure hope you and the cruiser crew can make it to some of our races this season at Huffman. You simply won't believe how exciting the races are, especially the Vintage class. Two full rows, 3-wide, sideways action.

I am serious, you be sure to post up the schedule and current events out there, I'll definatly come out and say hello.

[QUOTE=Mr.D;2764337]
[/QUOTE]
Old 12-18-2006, 05:23 PM   #12
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

Quote:
lets leave out the important details...

before that DAY he NEVER rode flat track, and he missed qualification by less than 1 second!!!!!!!!

there are no Phenoms like Travis in the FT world. he knows now and he will own! he is the king of 2 wheels. and rally.. the kid is just sick. you cant deny it. to deny the fact that he is a bad on anything with a motor is just stupid. he raced corr trucks 1 time and was in 3rd (ahead of Jeremy McGrath who was on his second year of CORR) before he wrecked and never went back, 01 125 nationals champ, to many freestyle awards to count, gold in rally car at xgames, supermoto stud, supercross stud(could be champ if he would just stick to it but he does to much to concentrate on one task) to much to list.. the kid is sick nasty at everything that involves motor vehicles, especially motorcycles.

/rant.

sorry but you made it sound like he sucks, just had to back the boy up.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:25 PM   #13
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

Quote:

can i bring out my 600 streetfighter? :icon_bigg
Old 12-18-2006, 05:37 PM   #14
wd40oz
FlattrackManiac

Bike(s):
'08 Buell XB12xt 'Uly'
CRF450 Flattracker
'10 HD Super Glide (FXD)
'74 Ironhead bobber

I'm not implying the dude sucks, I'm pointing out just how difficult going round in circles on dirt really is. Those guys have been doing it their whole life and are WICKED-FAST! All the other stuff he tried he was top ten straight away. He took FT lightly last year and made a $500 bet that he'd qualify in front of Nichole Cheza...he lost that one. I do think he'll make the program this year but not the main event. He is the best, most charismatic motorcycle professional out there and does wonders to promote the sport. I love the guy and want to see him do well but he needs a lot more seat time on a FT bike to be TOP-10 competitive.

I'll let you know when the next practice is to try out that streetfighter. We'll probably make you sign that liability release at least twice, j/k. Better yet, why don't you plan on racing the MadDawg class on the ttr, or the 250-450 class on the CR?

Last edited by wd40oz; 12-18-2006 at 05:40 PM.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:43 PM   #15
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

Quote:
I'm not implying the dude sucks, I'm pointing out just how difficult going round in circles on dirt really is. Those guys have been doing it their whole life and are WICKED-FAST! All the other stuff he tried he was top ten straight away. He took FT lightly last year and made a $500 bet that he'd qualify in front of Nichole Cheza...he lost that one. I do think he'll make the program this year but not the main event. He is the best, most charismatic motorcycle professional out there and does wonders to promote the sport. I love the guy and want to see him do well but he needs a lot more seat time on a FT bike to be TOP-10 competitive.

I'll let you know when the next practice is to try out that streetfighter. We'll probably make you sign that liability release at least twice, j/k. Better yet, why don't you plan on racing the MadDawg class on the ttr, or the 250-450 class on the CR?

1st bold...

2nd bold... that thins is WAY to touchy for flat track.. i do good to keep it up through a big berm, flat corners have always owned me on that bike, even in fluffy fresh prepped tracks.

but for real.... is there a phiddy class?
Old 12-18-2006, 05:48 PM   #16
wd40oz
FlattrackManiac

Bike(s):
'08 Buell XB12xt 'Uly'
CRF450 Flattracker
'10 HD Super Glide (FXD)
'74 Ironhead bobber

There is a fiddy class but it's for youths 8 and under..HOWEVER, if your 50-crew wants to show up (at least 4) and get it on, we will make your own class. In fact, I think the fans would go grapesh1t for it! If you're not down for that, maybe your guys could come out and do a stunt show during intermission. We'd waive the $10 gate fee and you'd get to see what all the excitement is about. Whathca think?
Old 12-18-2006, 05:51 PM   #17
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

Quote:
There is a fiddy class but it's for youths 8 and under..HOWEVER, if your 50-crew wants to show up (at least 4) and get it on, we will make your own class. In fact, I think the fans would go grapesh1t for it! If you're not down for that, maybe your guys could come out and do a stunt show during intermission. We'd waive the $10 gate fee and you'd get to see what all the excitement is about. Whathca think?
where is it and whats the ground like? concrete parking lot would be sweet!!! or is it just dirt track? not that we cant do anything on dirt, but it would have to be the blue groove sections... if its semi close i would be down and im sure the other would to... if not i can just do 3rd gear wheelies around the track :icon_bigg
Old 12-18-2006, 05:58 PM   #18
wd40oz
FlattrackManiac

Bike(s):
'08 Buell XB12xt 'Uly'
CRF450 Flattracker
'10 HD Super Glide (FXD)
'74 Ironhead bobber

The track is as hard as asphalt, top to bottom groove. The facilities are very well groomed grass/gravel with concrete pit pads, no mud, no dust. Go to my website www.houstonhotshoe.com and look through the pictures. You'll see the track condition and a few pics of the pits.

The location is in Huffman (just north of Crosby) on FM2100 and Old Atascocita rd. From the North side you take 1960 East across the lake, turn right on FM2100 then left on Old Atascocita Rd (about 1.6 mi). Here is the track's website www.hmpracing.com for other directions.

Think it over then come out to our next practice day. If you're serious, let me know we'll hook something up.
Old 12-18-2006, 06:09 PM   #19
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

thats not to far... and the track looks decent.. when will they have the 07 schedule up? i may load up a bike or 2 and head out on a practice day to do some sighting and see what its like.. im sure the guys would be down for the show.. get some publicity
Old 12-19-2006, 09:56 PM   #20
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScooterTrash

Lucky SOB
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement