MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2012, 08:59 AM   #21
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Feedback Rating: (17)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

104559d1224546425 smilies emoticons 1947 eating popcorn and drinking beer

Hopefully you had more oil in the bike then just what is sitting at the bottom of the pan. An ECU error is even further from this.

Sounds like you've been tearing up the bike, and got a connection loose somewhere. battery, ECU, TPS, etc...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How old for a cel phone? RACER X Off Topic 48 01-09-2014 11:23 PM
Cel phone dangers GAU-8 Off Topic 7 04-21-2010 12:33 AM
r6 05 bodywork on an 03 r6 bignmz04 How To's and Q & A's 4 01-09-2008 04:41 PM
06 R6 rim on 03 R6?? mongofeet General Discussion (Moto Related) 0 02-28-2007 12:10 AM
03 R1 rim on 03 R6?? mongofeet General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 02-11-2007 09:10 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #22
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Check all of your electrical connections and plugs starting at the ECM.
It's highly possible you shocked something loose from multiple wheelies, especially if you were mouse trapping.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Old 03-16-2012, 09:02 AM   #23
Miahjera04
BAMF

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
09 zx6r
03 honda cbr600rr (rip)
05 gsxr 600 (sold)
04 gsxr 750 (sold)
05 r6 (sold)

and btw, about to tear the bike down to check grounds/wires/etc. and go ahead and do the kleen air mod...i'll keep ppl posted on what i find, ppl that arent retarted kids that have nothin better to do then just talk on a website like a . : )
Old 03-16-2012, 09:09 AM   #24
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miahjera04 View Post
and btw, about to tear the bike down to check grounds/wires/etc. and go ahead and do the kleen air mod...i'll keep ppl posted on what i find, ppl that arent retarted kids that have nothin better to do then just talk on a website like a . : )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzo View Post
Has it ever been stunted?
Quote:
no
This is a totally different bike right?

If so, I don't mind giving advice at all. Sounds like Patrick thinks its the same thing. Hope you get it fixed then.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:40 AM   #25
Rykoson
Brawp Brawp!

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
www.shortfilmproductions.org
2009 YZF-R6-Rest in Peace
2011 ZX-6R Kawasaki Ninja-Track/Street

Member Garage

I think he mad... don't be mad bro.. we are just messing around... no need to call people....especially my friends names because you are trying to sale a bike that has been abused to people on a forum that know better..at least to most people on here that would want to buy a bike.... Even a later year model r6 with mods would only go for 6000 tops around here. maybe squeze 7000 for a 08-09.. good luck trying to get 5000 an 03 with 34K Supposed miles...has had wheelies done..electrical problems.. jb weld I think I saw somewhere... you might have better luck on craigslist. realistically just to help you out with a sale... you might get 3000 for it tops 3500.
STREET SCHOLARS PRODUCTIONS-Hookit
Old 03-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #26
Miahjera04
BAMF

Bike(s):
09 zx6r
03 honda cbr600rr (rip)
05 gsxr 600 (sold)
04 gsxr 750 (sold)
05 r6 (sold)

found one of the wires to the rectifier was completely d/c'ed... plugged it back on, d/c'ed batt, recconected it, bike now is showing code 46, which is a lack of power to the fi system. so pos dead batt now, dont have a multimeter to check volatge, bout to go get one, also been reading about pos rectifier/stator issues? tho i kno stators hardly ever go back, so after i charge batt, i'll see if its charging correctly, i may have a bad rectifier, or a bad connection on it atleast... i'll keep yall posted
Old 03-16-2012, 10:06 AM   #27
Miahjera04
BAMF

Bike(s):
09 zx6r
03 honda cbr600rr (rip)
05 gsxr 600 (sold)
04 gsxr 750 (sold)
05 r6 (sold)

lmao, no not mad at all bro... i kno i wont get 5k from this bike postin it on a forum, i dont want to sell the bike, hahaha. i've always put cars/bikes i buy for sell for over kbb value for n gigs, b/c i've sold cars and bikes alike over kbb value, so i always do it just b/c. if i can double my money on a recent vehicle purchase i sell, and buy something more expensive n do the same thing, over n over n over... its called "making money and having nicer things" ...magic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rykoson View Post
I think he mad... don't be mad bro.. we are just messing around... no need to call people....especially my friends names because you are trying to sale a bike that has been abused to people on a forum that know better..at least to most people on here that would want to buy a bike.... Even a later year model r6 with mods would only go for 6000 tops around here. maybe squeze 7000 for a 08-09.. good luck trying to get 5000 an 03 with 34K Supposed miles...has had wheelies done..electrical problems.. jb weld I think I saw somewhere... you might have better luck on craigslist. realistically just to help you out with a sale... you might get 3000 for it tops 3500.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:09 AM   #28
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 1

There's other names for it too!

keep us updated........
Old 03-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #29
Senator
Dude....Seriously?

Bike(s):
Ducati S2R1000
2006 R6 (sold)
2004 R6 (sold)
97 zx6r (sold)

Quote:
found one of the wires to the rectifier was completely d/c'ed... plugged it back on, d/c'ed batt, recconected it, bike now is showing code 46, which is a lack of power to the fi system. so pos dead batt now, dont have a multimeter to check volatge, bout to go get one, also been reading about pos rectifier/stator issues? tho i kno stators hardly ever go back, so after i charge batt, i'll see if its charging correctly, i may have a bad rectifier, or a bad connection on it atleast... i'll keep yall posted
Sounds about right, just drained the battery from being disconnected. Worse case, new battery. Glad you figured it out.

PS- Nothing wrong with trying to make some money. The mods have warned people about talking about price on a thread.
Just don't lie like you did, and all will be good. We're like a family here and look out for everybody.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:33 AM   #30
Miahjera04
BAMF

Bike(s):
09 zx6r
03 honda cbr600rr (rip)
05 gsxr 600 (sold)
04 gsxr 750 (sold)
05 r6 (sold)

ya, hopefully i can charge it and recover the batt w/o havin to buy a new one, just tried jumping the bike off my roomates bike, and it was acting like it wanted to turn over, so i kno theres hope, just need more power. so we'll see...n most forums ur right, most ppl are very helpful etc etc. but my exp on here so far... not the case, lol. i kno 5k for an 03 r6 w/high mileage is bad, but like i said b4, when selling things, all u need is one buyer, anythigns pos, and if someone shelled out 4-5k, this bike would be sold, and i'd buy another one, and post it high as well... lol, preciate everyones actual help and insight tho, the ones that arent d*bags
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Sounds about right, just drained the battery from being disconnected. Worse case, new battery. Glad you figured it out.

PS- Nothing wrong with trying to make some money. The mods have warned people about talking about price on a thread.
Just don't lie like you did, and all will be good. We're like a family here and look out for everybody.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #31
Vegas Kid

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
07 R6-sold
12 TTR 50

Sounds like you're pretty knowlegable about bikes...just don't understand why you're pricing the R6 so high when you know it's got issues....

Anyways, hope you get your bike fixed.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:48 AM   #32
Miahjera04
BAMF

Bike(s):
09 zx6r
03 honda cbr600rr (rip)
05 gsxr 600 (sold)
04 gsxr 750 (sold)
05 r6 (sold)

a wire coming unplugged from the rectifier during wheelies thus draining the battery isnt an "issue" lol, more like an oops, plug that back in, and recharge the battery. and if u can read, u'd already kno why i posted the bike for 5k... smh ...hopeless u r my friend
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Kid View Post
Sounds like you're pretty knowlegable about bikes...just don't understand why you're pricing the R6 so high when you know it's got issues....

Anyways, hope you get your bike fixed.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:54 AM   #33
green600
HG Chairperson

Trackdays: 1

Quote:
when selling things, all u need is one buyer, anythigns pos, and if someone shelled out 4-5k, this bike would be sold, and i'd buy another one, and post it high as well... lol, preciate everyones actual help and insight tho, the ones that arent d*bags
Yeah we are the douchebags
Old 03-16-2012, 11:47 AM   #34
ALEXD
HOUSTUNNAS

Bike(s):
05 R6
SOLD-00 GSXR 750 StreetFighter
SOLD- 99 GSXR 600
SOLD-01 YAMAHA R6
03 600 RR

I had the same issue at one point with an 02 R6. I rode a long wheelie and then the bike died. I dont know if this was the cause or just happened at the same moment but my rectifier fried.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #35
Miahjera04
BAMF

Bike(s):
09 zx6r
03 honda cbr600rr (rip)
05 gsxr 600 (sold)
04 gsxr 750 (sold)
05 r6 (sold)

hopefully thats not my issue, wont kno till ive charged the batt tho, start it, and see if its charging, one of the wires came unplugged prob when i set one down kinda hard or fast or something, we'll see... either way, ive already priced anew batt and rectifier, i can get both for under 100 bones, not too too bad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXD View Post
I had the same issue at one point with an 02 R6. I rode a long wheelie and then the bike died. I dont know if this was the cause or just happened at the same moment but my rectifier fried.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:57 AM   #36
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)

Quote:
was out riding with some buddies on a deserted road outside my city (perfect area for stunting fun). we were out there for liek 2 hours or so, doing mainly just wheelies up n down the road, and a few stoppies. my CEL ended up coming on, and i figured it was from doing too many back t back wheelies and pos oil starving the motor, so i shut her down. and a couple minutes later turned her back on, CEL still there, and fan automatically comes on, and bike wont start? so i pushed started her, she started, and CEL was going off and on randomly on the way home, also, the bike died while riding and started back again...weird. the cluster showed er-3, which is Er-3 - Data from teh ECU cannot be received correctly. but i cant find wth that means, or how to fix... bike still wont start, turn key on, it makes an unusual electrical hum comign from the big black box thing under the seat, and wheni push to start it clicks like a dead batt... any ideas? sorry for the long post
So....You're saying the price on the bike just went up?

, I should have jumped on it when it was only $5K

HALFFAST GROUP
Old 03-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #37
Mayday0017

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2003 R6 Trackbike

Send a message via AIM to Mayday0017
this guy gets bashed on, thread should be called "The roast of Miahjera04"... I would bring popcorn cause it is fun to read just wish it was all on 1 page and autoscrolled so I could drink my soda while eating popcorn instead of constant clicking....

www.southeasttexas.com try posting there maybe someone in your area will buy the bike if not at least all the people poking fun at you will be through text or phone calls not open to the public

Trackday Registration:www.fastlinemcs.com

Motorcycles Unlimited / EBC Brake Pads www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
Old 03-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #38
Vegas Kid

Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
07 R6-sold
12 TTR 50

Quote:
a wire coming unplugged from the rectifier during wheelies thus draining the battery isnt an "issue" lol, more like an oops, plug that back in, and recharge the battery. and if u can read, u'd already kno why i posted the bike for 5k... smh ...hopeless u r my friend
Thought you said this was a different bike?

Oh well, hope you get your $5K. When you do, you can sell my house...
Old 03-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #39
King_Kong

Bike(s):
2003 R6

i put a brand new battery in, probably less than a year ago, in fact i know it was less than a year, it was in the summer when i replaced it...

i hope who ever ends up with the bike treats her nice, shes had an easy life so far, shes not use to stuntn
Old 03-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #40
BRYAN
Big and Cranky...

Bike(s):
A Trackbike
Another Trackbike
A Motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Kong View Post
i put a brand new battery in, probably less than a year ago, in fact i know it was less than a year, it was in the summer when i replaced it...

i hope who ever ends up with the bike treats her nice, shes had an easy life so far, shes not use to stuntn
she is now...

Advertisement