Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2012, 10:15 PM   #61
Feedback Rating: (11)

Trackdays: 10+

08 R6

Originally Posted by Thayleal View Post
I am too comfortable running in the grass apparently... I went 4 times in the course of my two track days and did not crash.

Ivan I think this thread has demonstrated how many people will support you at that track and work to help you. So I don't see it as showing the track as a negative thing but a positive movement with alot of people providing positive support.
Kinda glad you made this thread. I haven't had a track day but really looking forward to doing one but this was one of my worse fear is making someone go down. I always thought the same about what everyone is saying which is that the person behind you should be responsible but really never knew the answer till now. Thanks
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RideSmart Track Day - 7.18.2009 @MSRC - 3.1Mi Track Ridesmart Ridesmart Motorcycle School 16 07-14-2009 07:19 PM
track difficulty levels? for any track guys to answer OMEGA Taking it to the Track 50 02-11-2008 03:12 PM
Tony Terrell Benefit Track Day, June 8th via Lone Star Track Days jeffLSTD Taking it to the Track 2 05-10-2007 11:47 PM
RideSmart Track Day Sep. 5th. Any new track newbies wanna go? roro Events, Meets and Rides 10 08-22-2005 09:42 PM
Old 03-15-2012, 10:29 PM   #62
380 Racing & Paint
Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years

Yep haven't read all the post but unless you came in hot and took someone out id say not 100 % your fault, let to roll off and see ya back out there.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:29 PM   #63
Feedback Rating: (0)

I'm not nearly offended by what you did as I am by your spelling. It's "Etiquette" for 's sake.

Seriously, just leave it behind and, next time, be patient and focus on control. You know, nail the race line and don't worry so much about speed. The more laps you do, it will come. Trust me.

At least you have the good sense to reflect and think about what went wrong (lots of guys don't, unfortunately). We've all made mistakes and, as long as you're cognizant of what you need to do right, you'll keep getting better.

As for the track rules and guidelines, listen to Brandt. Good luck and be safe!
Old 03-15-2012, 10:41 PM   #64
Grip it and Rip it!!
Feedback Rating: (8)

Experience: 8 years

07 R6 Track/Race (sold)
08 R6 Track/Race-RIP

Originally Posted by mrg001 View Post
agree with all the positive comments about learning and level 1. only thing i might add is dont be scared to run it off track. ive gone in the grass lots and i think its a good experience. you go in too hot, run it wide. then you hop back on the track. just go easy on the breaks, grass is something like 90% water ive heard.
run that modafuka way out there!!!!

Old 03-16-2012, 12:50 AM   #65
Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

VFR 750
Africa Twin (XRV-750)

This thread has too much content, scenarios and BS.
The truth is that you have to be smooth, consistent and comfortable.
At this time you posses none of the above and that is why you feel like that.
Your feelings have nothing to do with etiquette or other riders or what others tell you or flame you.
My advice would be to start working on ONE specific thing per session, such as body position, braking for a specific corner, you lines.....etc and watch yourself improve on one category at a time. This will bring your confidence back and make you a safer and faster rider.
Its a track day, so its a race against your own skills and only that. If you don't improve it brings you down. If you do better it takes you on a high, simple as that.
So forget about what others say or do on the track, this is about you and only you, the rest is excuses.
Why in the did you run in the grass so many times? In my book that is unacceptable and shows that you are not working on smoothness or specific skills (unless of course you are Gilles Villeneuve testing the limits of a Ferrari) but just trying to go fast.....and that is the only dangerous part of the story.
One step at a time my friend.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:28 AM   #66
Back again again...
Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 3 years

06 Silver Gixxer

Member Garage

Originally Posted by Thayleal View Post
Click the little yellow flag in the upper right corner and we'll get to your request a bit faster next time. Glad you got the answer you were looking for!
Closed Thread