MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2012, 11:43 AM   #21
burnboy
upliftmofopartyplan

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
2011 kawi z 1000

The product and engineering is great. The vendors are the problem. The manufacturers of the electronics and such. But my tacoma had to have a gearbox, and a water pump and 2 release bearings now all before 60k. Toyotas are junk now too. They don't build anything like they used to.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VW/Audi buys Ducati for 1 Billion... Texmex1 General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 04-19-2012 09:07 AM
Audi Taking Over Ducati? BigComfy General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 03-20-2012 02:40 PM
Where Can I Buy Ducati Bodywork? quicksaveme General Discussion (Moto Related) 10 02-23-2011 12:01 PM
2008 Audi R8 Super Car Audi tcmatt Off Topic 0 10-13-2006 05:15 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-14-2012, 11:57 AM   #22
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

my 01 GTI did have afew problems, but mainly from me driving the out of it. 250k with over 85k of that driving it as a work vehicle all day in town. Only issue i had was the comfort control module went out and the fuse box burned up. But that may have been from flooding it out during ike. But it still ran great and had stock clutch. Oh and that plastic pipe on the cooling system cracked. I would say overall a great car. All the problems were after 150k. Changed the timing belt so many times i can do it in my sleep lol

Tha being said with all the horror stories out there i will probably never own another one.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:06 PM   #23
Alleykat

Experience: 4 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japawhat02 View Post
my 01 GTI did have afew problems, but mainly from me driving the out of it. 250k with over 85k of that driving it as a work vehicle all day in town. Only issue i had was the comfort control module went out and the fuse box burned up. But that may have been from flooding it out during ike. But it still ran great and had stock clutch. Oh and that plastic pipe on the cooling system cracked. I would say overall a great car. All the problems were after 150k. Changed the timing belt so many times i can do it in my sleep lol

Tha being said with all the horror stories out there i will probably never own another one.
My Lexus IS300 it hit 280k miles on original timing belt before someone else wrecked/totaled it.Only thing it ever needed changed was ball joints once and rear main seal once.That car was unstoppable!
Alleykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:33 PM   #24
CaffeineRacer

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'03 SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleykat View Post
My Lexus IS300 it hit 280k miles on original timing belt before someone else wrecked/totaled it.Only thing it ever needed changed was ball joints once and rear main seal once.That car was unstoppable!
If Lexus (Toyota) bought Ducati they would never ever need maintenance....., but Ducati would also become the most beige, bland, and boring motorcycle ever made.
CaffeineRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #25
tiatool
Pro Racer Mode Enabled

Feedback Rating: (14)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
08 Raven
05 Vstar 1100

o one else finds it ironic the mighty I taliens need to look to Hanz and Franz to fix their engineering and financial woes? Ducati Red is dead.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:32 PM   #26
+Travis+
Our past stops right now

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'95 Speed Triple
'05 ZX-6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
o one else finds it ironic the mighty I taliens need to look to Hanz and Franz to fix their engineering and financial woes? Ducati Red is dead.
Hey, why you godda maka da fun of da Austrians?

Cook
Old 03-20-2012, 08:04 PM   #27
Volfy
Fava Beans & a Chianti

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
'15 300RR
'15 250XCF-W
'14 Trophy SE
'10 VFR1200F
'05 GSXR600 (track)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiatool View Post
Made even more ironic said Italians are the ones bailing out the ailing Chrysler that even Dieter und Helmut couldn't fix.
Volfy is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement