MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2012, 02:04 PM   #21
Cethridge
Earth, Sky, Ambulance!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV650-Motard Fighter
Trek
46 Ford

The nitrous going into the carb like that acts as a supercharger and the venturi sucks more fuel to compensate. They could have done the same thing with a leaf blower . If you just add nitrous to the airbox, you won't get anything, nada, zilch. The whole purpose of Nitrous is to use the O2 to add more fuel, the nitrogen is just a carrier and breaks off during combustion. Doubt it will even lean it out since you are not displacing the oxygen or fuel. Now if you inject it below the carb/throttlebody, then you have a change in fuel/air mixture and your issue will be burnt pistons. If you wanna have some fun, inject some Hydrogen in your airbox...
Cethridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Now that's German engineering gots2no Motorcycle News & Media 0 09-21-2015 08:47 AM
Engineering Capstone Bluestreak06 Off Topic 2 04-10-2009 08:19 AM
Engineering Humor BigComfy Off Topic 9 08-20-2008 10:09 AM
german engineering zero4o3 Off Topic 6 12-19-2005 10:00 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #22
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

I have thought about that too.

in fact, I built a little HHO generator out of PVC pipe, some stainless steel light switch covers, and plastic nuts/bolts.

I could fill it with water with a few table spoons of baking soda, hook it up to a battery charger and the discharge tube would make a steady stream of little bubbles that you could see if placed in water (hydrogen and oxygen)

I never did anything else with it, because I figured if I hooked it up to my truck, the whole assemble would eventually just explode due to a spark form a corodded wire.
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #23
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cethridge View Post
The nitrous going into the carb like that acts as a supercharger and the venturi sucks more fuel to compensate. They could have done the same thing with a leaf blower . If you just add nitrous to the airbox, you won't get anything, nada, zilch. The whole purpose of Nitrous is to use the O2 to add more fuel, the nitrogen is just a carrier and breaks off during combustion. Doubt it will even lean it out since you are not displacing the oxygen or fuel. Now if you inject it below the carb/throttlebody, then you have a change in fuel/air mixture and your issue will be burnt pistons. If you wanna have some fun, inject some Hydrogen in your airbox...
hmm... so what about using a battery powered hair dryer as a supercharger?
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:31 PM   #24
george b

Trackdays: 1

like blue said, it'll just go lean without the additional fuel. if you wanna go fast with nitrous the redneck way, strap a 2000lb cylinder to the bike and knock the end off. you might go air-born though.
george b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #25
cuong-nutz
Resident 250 guru

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Ninjer 250

I've seen these kits on ebay and have seen youtube videos of it installed on scooters and 250 bikes. It's a nice short burst in power and won't kill your engine.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:06 PM   #26
ZXALAN
UR NXT

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2000 Turbo-Hayabusa
2013 BMW S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
Alan put a Sneaky Pete kit on a gocart. The go cart didnt make it
It made it a few passes

It was a sneaky pete with no jet or nozzle... drilled/tapped the air filter cover.... Drilled the main jet out a few sizes...although had no way to pump more fuel to the carb as it sucked it up from the tank directly into the bottom of the carb...

All it would do is just rev to the limiter faster...That was way before I knew about gearing changes etc etc ( I was 18yrs old when I did this)....

It melted everything(piston/head/cylinder) before the first bottle went empty......5HP briggs industrial engine...

Then I swapped on a 2.5 hp Briggs engine that I built in small engine mechanics class in HS, I took that one to the State show in Waco where it placed 1st in build quality and looks... I had done quite a bit of stuff to that one, including a head gasket I made out of a coke can......It would spin a certified 5800rpms (up from 3600)

Any way as soon as I tried to spray it (using the modded carb from the 5hp) it literally blew half of the head gasket out from between the block/head.... I fixed it and did not spray it anymore...LOL I just loved that little engine too much.

.... I'm nuts...

319hp@14lbs(pump gas), 435hp@29lbs(race gas)
Texas Mile Mar 09, 225.906mph, 8.82@168.43 w/1.63 60'-14.5lbs
ZXALAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:27 AM   #27
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXALAN View Post
It made it a few passes

It was a sneaky pete with no jet or nozzle... drilled/tapped the air filter cover.... Drilled the main jet out a few sizes...although had no way to pump more fuel to the carb as it sucked it up from the tank directly into the bottom of the carb...

All it would do is just rev to the limiter faster...That was way before I knew about gearing changes etc etc ( I was 18yrs old when I did this)....

It melted everything(piston/head/cylinder) before the first bottle went empty......5HP briggs industrial engine...

Then I swapped on a 2.5 hp Briggs engine that I built in small engine mechanics class in HS, I took that one to the State show in Waco where it placed 1st in build quality and looks... I had done quite a bit of stuff to that one, including a head gasket I made out of a coke can......It would spin a certified 5800rpms (up from 3600)

Any way as soon as I tried to spray it (using the modded carb from the 5hp) it literally blew half of the head gasket out from between the block/head.... I fixed it and did not spray it anymore...LOL I just loved that little engine too much.

.... I'm nuts...
I'm telling you. You need to call some help lines. Every time you want to add ANOTHER turbo to something, call me. I will take 1/2 of what you are about to spend and kick you in the .
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #28
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXALAN View Post
It made it a few passes

.... I'm nuts...
OK, that pretty much answers my question
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:37 AM   #29
Thayleal
GingerBrawp CMRA #369

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2006 SV650s (Sold)
2003 SV650s (sold)
08 Ninja250 BRAWP bike (For Sale)
08 Ninja250 Racebike(Sold)
2007 SV650S(Streetbike)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
I'm telling you. You need to call some help lines. Every time you want to add ANOTHER turbo to something, call me. I will take 1/2 of what you are about to spend and kick you in the .

Motorcycles are like women... once you ride one... you wanna ride em all.
Thayleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #30
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

He will have a turbo lawn mower before too long.
bluewave18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement