MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > How To's and Q & A's
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2006, 01:16 PM   #1
R6kid
aggies class of 2010

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 1000 Red/Black

Send a message via AIM to R6kid
lawyers...

I got a ticket on the way back to college station a while back in my car and i usually use sullo&sullo for my tickets in houston but they dont go up to grimes county. Its in navasota, do any of ya'll know any traffic ticket lawyers that will go there? (ticket was halfway in between 290 and college station on highway 6)

any help is much appreciated...kinda stuck here
R6kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Malpractice Lawyers wolverine1 Off Topic 16 08-13-2015 11:15 AM
lawyers! madtrini Off Topic 2 11-07-2012 10:33 PM
anyone know any good lawyers themutt Off Topic 24 01-21-2009 01:20 PM
Lawyers Patrick Off Topic 13 09-01-2007 06:34 AM
any lawyers on here? Chris24 Off Topic 23 11-19-2005 08:36 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-15-2006, 01:19 PM   #2
level5
moving chicane

Feedback Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R6kid
I got a ticket on the way back to college station a while back in my car and i usually use sullo&sullo for my tickets in houston but they dont go up to grimes county. Its in navasota, do any of ya'll know any traffic ticket lawyers that will go there? (ticket was halfway in between 290 and college station on highway 6)

any help is much appreciated...kinda stuck here
Call up the court and find out if it could be on defferred and pay for the fines.
Lawyer will take your money for the same result.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:02 PM   #3
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

I got a ticket in Hearne and used a lawyer out of Bryan. I got his name at home. He was cheap ($150, I think) and very good. It was quite some trouble as they swapped judges and it drug out over two years.

PM me to remind me I look him up.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:55 PM   #4
R6kid
aggies class of 2010

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
2006 GSXR 1000 Red/Black

Send a message via AIM to R6kid
I tried calling them cuz its been more than a year for defensive driving...but the first lady said i had to get a court date....and now that i got my court date they said u have to do defensive driving within 90 days of the tickets...sweetness

patricia-bout to send pm- thanks for the help
R6kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:31 PM   #5
wiz
Brain Surgeon

Bike(s):
03 954 & 99 F4

i've never understood paying a lawyer to take care of a traffic ticket. if you go to court and the cop does not show you don't pay. you can also try to postpone your trial date a couple of times in hopes the cop does not show. if your trying to prevent it from showing up on your record, then take a defensive driving class. how much could the ticket be $150 - $200 tops? and the lawyers fee $150 - $200? seems like a wash to me. i'd take defensive driving or just pay the ticket. hey but that's me.
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:35 PM   #6
Faylaricia
The Comtesse

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'02 Honda VFR800

Sometimes it is worth the hassle, especially if you don't have time to take off work multiple times because they think you have nothing better to do, etc. (as it was in my case).

Also, if someone doesn't qualify for defensive driving, the next best thing is getting is dismissed altogether!
Old 12-15-2006, 08:33 PM   #7
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Even if the cost is a wash you come out ahead because not having the ticket on your record means lower insurance. It also means that if you get another ticket the license points from the first aren't there. Better chance of not losing license.
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 08:39 PM   #8
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee
Even if the cost is a wash you come out ahead because not having the ticket on your record means lower insurance. It also means that if you get another ticket the license points from the first aren't there. Better chance of not losing license.

It's illegal or unethical to exchange money with the DA/court for dismissing or deferred probation by yourself but it is okay for a licensed crook to do it for you.:eh:
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement