MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #21
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying
 
NewRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston/Heights
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 18,132

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)









Quote:
Originally Posted by j_e_hurst View Post
Mourn the loss of your loved and quit using loved ones deaths as get rich quick schemes.
How do you determine that it's a "get rich quick scheme" from the article? It said they were asking for damges and court costs no $ amount...

I see their point a little...How many of us have seen or posted on here when cops stop us and they say "I was hoping you would run" or "oh, I thought you were gonna run"...No one thinks for a minute that the cop might have just been a little negligent? or looking for some kicks?

The guy had already stopped, so (unless he didn't have one) he already had his plate... Was a chase of 100mph plus necessary?

Maybe the family is not looking for the money, maybe just bring attention to something that is a bit senseless and could have been avoided.

"should have known who they were riding with"?? come on, that is a sorry excuse to put some sort of blame on the victim here. I call her a victim, because she had no control over what he was doing wonce the twisted that throttle, the only thing she could control, was holding on.

I don't think it's as ridiculous as some of you guys do, but that's me.
__________________
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504/mhnewrider/IvanHalffast_zpsb8fb524d.png

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Texas Takes Action on Motorcycle Deaths blinkstafoo182 General Discussion (Moto Related) 58 10-12-2013 01:20 AM
Car wash sued over Cy-Fair motorcycle crash houstonbilly General Discussion (Moto Related) 31 12-09-2010 04:13 PM
YOU HAVE BEEN SUED. tonyt915 Off Topic 22 10-22-2010 06:40 PM
news report of military motorcycle deaths superman77532 General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 10-02-2009 07:36 AM
Marine motorcycle deaths top their Iraq combat fatalities bioGuru Off Topic 3 10-31-2008 11:49 AM
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2012, 12:12 PM   #22
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,503

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






yup, your the lone one of the 15 or so solid post.
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #23
Myrdok
Dude No Longer With a POS
 
Myrdok's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,634

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
02 Suz Katana 750 (Sold)
09 CBR600rr








The point is during a traffic stop you get off your bike. So for her to be involved in the chase when the driver got back on she got back on with him. Unless they nvr got off.
__________________
myrdok

She's had 5 kids. You could pound a summer sausage in there with a Peterbilt and still have room to parallel park a Jetta. I'm pretty sure knocking on the tradesman's entrance isn't going to get you sent to the penalty box.
Myrdok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #24
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying
 
NewRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston/Heights
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 18,132

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)









Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrdok View Post
The point is during a traffic stop you get off your bike. So for her to be involved in the chase when the driver got back on she got back on with him. Unless they nvr got off.
The story, again, doesn't say that...she could have and she could have not...

Everyone is just speculating, of course my answer would be different if it were to say she hoped back on too, then she was a willing participant...


I know on our way to Galveston, when we got pulled over, the pasanger with one of us, didn't get down from the bike for a good 10min...
__________________
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504/mhnewrider/IvanHalffast_zpsb8fb524d.png

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #25
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,503

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






i know for a fact that if you choose to run from the PD you can die.
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:23 PM   #26
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,322

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





The rider, Esteven Cardova had an active warrant for a DWI case in Fort Bend County. that dead . Let the passenger's family sue his "estate".
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #27
Thayleal
GingerBrawp CMRA #369
 
Thayleal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Houston ;Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,651

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2006 SV650s (Sold)
2003 SV650s (sold)
08 Ninja250 BRAWP bike (For Sale)
08 Ninja250 Racebike(Sold)
2007 SV650S(Streetbike)






Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
The story, again, doesn't say that...she could have and she could have not...

Everyone is just speculating, of course my answer would be different if it were to say she hoped back on too, then she was a willing participant...


I know on our way to Galveston, when we got pulled over, the pasanger with one of us, didn't get down from the bike for a good 10min...
Whos to say that the guy continued speeding due to the cop following him? I mean if you bolt and run you are likely to keep the speed on for a while until you feel confident that you got away... so the rider could easily have crashed with no actual chase as well... just sayin.
__________________
Trey zps3a9a06e5
If I can't eat it, race it or sleep with it then whats the point?

Motorcycles are like women... once you ride one... you wanna ride em all.
Thayleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #28
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying
 
NewRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston/Heights
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 18,132

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)









Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
i know for a fact that if you choose to run from the PD you can die.
No Sherlock...

But did she hop back on the bike with him knowing his intentions or was she just sitting on the bike waiting for the the traffic stop to finish when he decided to just hop back on and take off running...

An office rr should have recognized if the latter happened and known that another person that is not in control of the situation could be killed...
__________________
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504/mhnewrider/IvanHalffast_zpsb8fb524d.png

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:25 PM   #29
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dickinson
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 15,920

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50









Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
How do you determine that it's a "get rich quick scheme" from the article? It said they were asking for damges and court costs no $ amount...

I see their point a little...How many of us have seen or posted on here when cops stop us and they say "I was hoping you would run" or "oh, I thought you were gonna run"...No one thinks for a minute that the cop might have just been a little negligent? or looking for some kicks?

The guy had already stopped, so (unless he didn't have one) he already had his plate... Was a chase of 100mph plus necessary?

Maybe the family is not looking for the money, maybe just bring attention to something that is a bit senseless and could have been avoided.

"should have known who they were riding with"?? come on, that is a sorry excuse to put some sort of blame on the victim here. I call her a victim, because she had no control over what he was doing wonce the twisted that throttle, the only thing she could control, was holding on.

I don't think it's as ridiculous as some of you guys do, but that's me.
i disagree. if you don't know someone well enough to know they they wouldn't run... then you shouldn't be trusting your life to them
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by less_than_coop View Post
Its the stupidity. It gets added to our forum in normal and controlled doses which actually serves to the benefit of the website.
sbfuller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #30
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying
 
NewRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston/Heights
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 18,132

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)









Quote:
Originally Posted by Thayleal View Post
Whos to say that the guy continued speeding due to the cop following him? I mean if you bolt and run you are likely to keep the speed on for a while until you feel confident that you got away... so the rider could easily have crashed with no actual chase as well... just sayin.
Again, going by the article...it says that the cop gave Chase going speeds over 100mph
__________________
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504/mhnewrider/IvanHalffast_zpsb8fb524d.png

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #31
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?
 
RACER X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Feedback Rating: (26)
Posts: 33,503

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold






Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
No Sherlock...

But did she hop back on the bike with him knowing his intentions or was she just sitting on the bike waiting for the the traffic stop to finish when he decided to just hop back on and take off running...

An office rr should have recognized if the latter happened and known that another person that is not in control of the situation could be killed...
so is the officer to blame or the "driver", simple?

and yes "you're" whats wrong w/ this country.
__________________
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
2014 GROM
181cc's BABY!
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:28 PM   #32
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying
 
NewRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston/Heights
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 18,132

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)









Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
i disagree. if you don't know someone well enough to know they they wouldn't run... then you shouldn't be trusting your life to them
Do people REALLY sit there and think about that?


Perhaps she should of, maybe...
__________________
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504/mhnewrider/IvanHalffast_zpsb8fb524d.png

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #33
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7
 
Petro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 10,048

Experience: 10+ years
if youre dumb enough to run from police, you deserve whats coming. These two wont be producing babies that leech off welfare now either.
__________________
Quote:
We must use terror, assassination, intimidation, land confiscation, and the cutting of all social services to rid Galilee of its Arab population.
David Ben-Gurion, Founding father of Israel
Petro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #34
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,322

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





I wouldn't be shocked if they had just left a bar
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #35
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying
 
NewRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston/Heights
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 18,132

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)









Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
so is the officer to blame or the "driver", simple?

and yes "you're" whats wrong w/ this country.
He could be to blame for not using good judgement either...2 wrongs don't make a right...

Cops are not always right, we all are aware of that here...my heart is not bleeding for the driver nor the passenger...but I do think that there is info that needs to be consider that the article doesn't cover...I feel bad for the passenger if she was an unwilling participant.
__________________
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504/mhnewrider/IvanHalffast_zpsb8fb524d.png

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #36
Swoop
Senior Member
 
Swoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Woodlands
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 147

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
Kawasaki 636 2005
CBR 600rr 2001








We all know whos at fault here, this guys an idiot and he paid for it. The police part is a different issue. I always see bike chases in the paper, they aways say up to 100mph its a joke. Why have policies that say dont chase over 100mph and then not hold the police responsible for doing it? People always wanna excuse the actions of the police because they act like we owe them some great debt of gratitude. Its your job if you dont want to do it properly then get a different job.The problem with the majority of policemen is the people who should be the police dont want to and the people who want to shouldnt be.
Swoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:33 PM   #37
NewRider
Riding, Eating & Partying
 
NewRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Houston/Heights
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 18,132

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Retrospec Fixie (Hipster ride)









Quote:
Originally Posted by p0opstlnksal0t View Post
if youre dumb enough to run from police, you deserve whats coming. These two wont be producing babies that leech off welfare now either.
How do you know she wanted to run too?
__________________
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k504/mhnewrider/IvanHalffast_zpsb8fb524d.png

HALFFAST GROUP
NewRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:34 PM   #38
CraigRR
CMRA # 147
 
CraigRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Crosby
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 8,871

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP






If you hang out with trash, you get trash.
__________________
BRAWP
CraigRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:35 PM   #39
Thayleal
GingerBrawp CMRA #369
 
Thayleal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Houston ;Katy
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 3,651

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2006 SV650s (Sold)
2003 SV650s (sold)
08 Ninja250 BRAWP bike (For Sale)
08 Ninja250 Racebike(Sold)
2007 SV650S(Streetbike)






Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRider View Post
How do you know she wanted to run too?
I saw the whole thing!

The girl was like "Ondale Arriba Arriba, PAPI! Corre mas rapido!"

and the dude was all like " ARRRRRRRRIIIIIIBBBBBAAAAA!"

Then they sped off into the sunset with their hair flowing behind her...

It was like a regular Adam and Eve story where the chick led the dude into temptation and they both died for their sins...
__________________
Trey zps3a9a06e5
If I can't eat it, race it or sleep with it then whats the point?

Motorcycles are like women... once you ride one... you wanna ride em all.
Thayleal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:36 PM   #40
Diablomann
A Real Nice Guy?
 
Diablomann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Meadows
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 259


Bike(s):
2006 CBR 1000rr
My Wife








p0opstlnksal0t, Your a , you racist !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0opstlnksal0t View Post
if youre dumb enough to run from police, you deserve whats coming. These two wont be producing babies that leech off welfare now either.
I guess there are no whities on welfare, you Meth Head!!!
__________________


A Legend in the Minds of a Few !!!
Diablomann is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:47 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy