MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Yamaha vs Honda - ATV's

Ok Im starting another WWYB thread... I just picked up a low hour, clean 2008 Honda foreman FPM. Its a great quad thus far for work and light trail riding... ive put it to use hauling dead trees and such. Anyways, im looking to buy a second quad. I will be using this for camping and hunting in the Ozark mountains, as well as giving me and my girl a second quad so were not 2 up. The plan is to have a quad I can load up a few days worth of supplies (tent, water, some food staple items, my rifle and ammunition) take it from my cabin to a location about a mile away. Its through some pretty heavy inclining brush and muddy trails. Nothing like the mud bog stuff I see on youtube. Its muddy enough to want 4x4 though. then after a few days of camping I will be hauling this stuff back. every now and then I may pick off a deer and need to haul it back to the cabin. Anyways, which machine out of the Rincon, or Grizzly 660 would be more reliable? I dont want efi, so a carbed 03-05 rincon vs a carb'd grizzly 660? Ive also thought about picking up another foreman FPM. however, I like the idea of a comfortable IRS ride the Rincon offers. which ATV would you have no problems trusting it to start up every time?

sorry ahead of time for grammar... typing this out on a smartphone is a chore
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Honda better than Yamaha? stache General Discussion (Moto Related) 68 05-31-2014 10:01 PM
Best Honda atv for trails/mountains? Petro General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 05-16-2012 02:38 PM
450 - Honda or Yamaha DSL_PWR Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 16 05-16-2012 11:18 AM
Repsol Honda vs. Camel Yamaha Derek Steptoe Taking it to the Track 26 10-22-2006 08:43 PM
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2012, 03:51 PM   #2
kdog22
Wheelie it son..

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):
2004 Honda xr50
1991 Honda z50
2004 WR450 Supermoto
1988 Honda ZB50 - For Sale

Member Garage

Honda utility ATV's FTW. Only issues i've heard with the grizzlys was something not working right while riding through mud. Maybe a belt slip or something? Can't quite remember but it was fairly common with grizzlys. Hondas are just good to go.

If a Honda 4 wheeler could ... It would be down to .

lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Muhammad.........Nostradamus..........Kdog
The cycle continues.
kdog22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

the terrain I will see the most is a lot of rocks/boulders... a few stream crossings (1-3' deep) but mostly sharp inclines and rocks. Im just wondering if the locker on the grizzly will make a big difference. also the low end gearing advantage. The only experience with Yamaha I have was an old Blaster when I was younger. it was a PITA to keep running and I was constantly changing carrier bearings and fighting with it to keep running. Had to rebuild the top end 3 times in the 2 years I had it.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:09 PM   #4
Bluestreak06
Maine-ah

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2011 Hayabusa
2006 GSXR-600 (sold)
1981 yamaha XS 650(sold)

Member Garage

Since I dont remember your reasonings from before, why are you counting out all EFI wheelers? They run so much better then the carb'd vehicles, run the same whether its cold or warm, etc. After having my last couple be EFI, ill never go back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
If you don't shake it after you pee the terrorists win.
Ben C.
Bluestreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #5
j_e_hurst
Josh

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 5 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Back on a GSXR!!! 08 600

Nothing beats the reliability of a honda
Old 03-06-2012, 05:33 PM   #6
Petro
C'Mon... Building 7

simplicity and ease of me fixing it myself.

Advertisement