MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2006, 11:14 AM   #21
andre3k
I see dead people...

Feedback Rating: (1)

where do i start with this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles
what makes it more safe? nothing does! i'm sure there are squids at the track too It's the rider that makes foolish decisions regardless of location.
Umm lets see here. First you have to have saftey gear, two your bike has to pass some type of tech inspection, next we have riders broken into groups according to experience and ability, then its actually on a closed course. No pothole, light poles, and cagers to worry about. Then you have medical crews on scene ready to arrive at a moments notice (hopefully). Last time I went to ASI I didn't see any of this. Not to mention the $170.00 fee limits a lot of bs as well, why pay to be an when you can do it for free.
andre3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who was it? who crashed at ASI? (looks like ASI) NewRider General Discussion (Moto Related) 18 01-08-2015 10:36 AM
Cop rear ends rider, then BLAMES the rider CTtriple General Discussion (Moto Related) 76 11-06-2013 10:09 AM
Rider and co-rider down 290E & Barker Cypress jimrad General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 04-17-2011 12:17 AM
Rider down last night at ASI update? humbleassassin General Discussion (Moto Related) 72 09-17-2009 11:06 PM
Rider Down at ASI doc_zx10r General Discussion (Moto Related) 103 04-04-2008 07:27 PM
Advertisement
Old 12-14-2006, 11:30 AM   #22
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR1
for a safer place to ride!

www.lstd.com

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 12:51 PM   #23
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre3k
Umm lets see here. First you have to have saftey gear, two your bike has to pass some type of tech inspection, next we have riders broken into groups according to experience and ability, then its actually on a closed course. No pothole, light poles, and cagers to worry about. Then you have medical crews on scene ready to arrive at a moments notice (hopefully). Last time I went to ASI I didn't see any of this. Not to mention the $170.00 fee limits a lot of bs as well, why pay to be an when you can do it for free.

couple of notes.. which is why i dont care when people wreck out there.

they are squids, they cant do slow wheelies, they are normally the ones with gear on bc they know they dont know what they are doing, and they separate themselve from the real stunters by going out on the street where they are welcome to do squid wheelies till they wreck or get tired of being laughed at.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:52 PM   #24
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

like i said in my second post. . .it's the rider that makes the stupid decision. a 170mph getoff is potentially deadly, a 5mph circle wheelie could kill you as well. I'm not standing up for ASI, I'm not against the track. I guess the point i did not convey was . . .this jackass probably would have wadded his bike up regardless of the location, it's not ASI's fault some jackass went down, it's the riders.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:52 PM   #25
A303

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
00 929rr(sold)/01 929rr

Send a message via AIM to A303
Quote:
like i said in my second post. . .it's the rider that makes the stupid decision. a 170mph getoff is potentially deadly, a 5mph circle wheelie could kill you as well. I'm not standing up for ASI, I'm not against the track. I guess the point i did not convey was . . .this jackass probably would have wadded his bike up regardless of the location, it's not ASI's fault some jackass went down, it's the riders.

A303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 12:54 PM   #26
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

Im also sure that LSTD would be ok... but I also bet that they wouldnt want us out there doing the that we do. bc when I scrape tail on the track they will prolly have something to say... just a thought.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:55 PM   #27
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

Quote:

Old 12-14-2006, 01:08 PM   #28
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

if you guys actually think members are trying to get you on the track so you can stunt, stick to the parking lots. you're not ready to be in a enviroment like that.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:12 PM   #29
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo3rd
if you guys actually think members are trying to get you on the track so you can stunt, stick to the parking lots. you're not ready to be in a enviroment like that.

thats why i said that.. they dont want us on the track. we would terrorize it and endanger everyone that was going fast... we dont want to go fast.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:24 PM   #30
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
haha
Old 12-14-2006, 01:32 PM   #31
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfracer-r
That strikes me as funny... trying to seperate "squids" from "stunters". I don't think I've ever seen a "stunter" that wasn't a squid.
FWIW no handed circle wheelies require the same skill and dedication to the sport that racing in the Expert class does.

why does this always turn into racers vs. stunters? i would like to think i'm from the group called "riders" and this encompasses all cyclists? i guess we don't all share the same philosophy? i enjoy a 160mph straight and decreasing radius turns just the same as i enjoy learning circle wheelies on my 110. to me it's just riding. I'm checking out on this one boyz. Ride safe, no matter how you ride. JET
Old 12-14-2006, 01:53 PM   #32
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

Quote:
That strikes me as funny... trying to seperate "squids" from "stunters". I don't think I've ever seen a "stunter" that wasn't a squid.

squids are not in control of the bike. the bike is in control of them. they are using the power and speed to do things they think are cool.

stunters are in control of the bike and us Balance, Braking, Throttle, and Clutch to control the bike. NOT JUST THE POWER. and stunters GENERALLY do things as SLOW as possible... the slower the more skill it requires. now when doing stoppies yes that takes speed.

that is only a hand full of differences.

not trying to jump at your, but there is a big difference.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:56 PM   #33
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

Quote:
Don't get it twisted dude, I'm not hatin' or saying one group has more value than any other. You are turning it in to that.

I was refferencing that I have never seen a stunter wearing proper gear, which is usually the correlation to being a "squid".

I personally could care less if anyone stunts, races or jerks off.

see my previous post.... something like..

people doing Squid wheelies normally wear gear because they know they dont know what they are doing.

stunters normally dont bc if they wreck 99% of the time the bike falls and they land on their feet bc they are going slow. Last night the STUNTERS wrecked 10-15 times.. and picked their bikes up and kept going, the squid wrecked once and fukd his bike up and hurt himself.

:icon_bigg i think i raise good points :icon_bigg
Old 12-14-2006, 02:07 PM   #34
arturo3rd
OG Sheriff/ Boss

Bike(s):
2015 HD Forty Eight

ive seen stunters and ive seen squids. there are maybe 5 stunters at ASI. the rest are practicing.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:14 PM   #35
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
ive seen stunters and ive seen squids. there are maybe 5 stunters at ASI. the rest are practicing.

:laughing6
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 02:17 PM   #36
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(

Quote:

Very astute observation arturo........while this may be true, there will be more stunters, hopefully myself one of these day's, but for now, i'll just stick to my fiddy until the wheels fall off.......

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 02:22 PM   #37
TxSandman
My backpacks got jets

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
05 Buell XB12R, 07 KLR650

Is this a repost?
TxSandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 02:58 PM   #38
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(

Quote:
Your opinion I guess.

Like I said, I could really care less what anyone does with their bike, but let's just say I'm in a unique position to see the end results of plenty of people who *think* they don't need gear for one reason or the next and end up ****ed up.

You can get jacked up going 2 or 200 mph, I've seen plenty of folks get messed up going slow too. That's a horrible arguement.

Didn't mean to contribute to the thread jack, I'm out of this one.

No no....you do have a good point....but stunters do wear gear....it's not like we just go out there and pul HC circle wheelies without a lid or back protection......it's just a different breed with stunters vs racers...that's all...

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 03:01 PM   #39
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need

Member Garage

Quote:
there were only 3 last night on big bikes that i saw :laughing6

and a hand full on little bikes

but the lot stayed pretty clean.. only a couple of idiots got out there doing there 70mph 6inch off the ground wheelies and they only did it a couple of times and i think someone told them to stop.

side note... im not against wearing gear.. i got the scares to prove i dont do it.. most people know thier limits, when i stunt i am normally out of them because i am trying to get better. and yall have all seen my moto "if you aint crashing you aint trying hard enough" but you are right.. you can get ****ed up going 2 mph.. but you cant be serious if you think going 200 and 2 have the same chances of gettin you ****ed up... i would say 97% of slow crashes do minimum damage to a person. 99%of fast crashes send you to the hospital. I dont wear gear because I am 23 and think I'm invincible. that will change one day but for now.. just call me the Juggernaut!
Old 12-14-2006, 04:15 PM   #40
calie0
Squidious Maximus

Bike(s):
ZX10

speakin of stunters vs. racers, who was that dark haired girl in black full leathers?
im stuck in the middle on whether i want to stunt or race cause i suck at both.

Advertisement